Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

vienne86 wrote:
    True, but the problem is that the 'other places' are not good.

Well I'm damned if I'm paying €60 (plus wine) for a 3 course meal I don't want and if the only alternative is a canteen, I might as well go with Stena if the price is right.

I think IF have made some very bad miscalculations about their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Peckham wrote: »
    From what I've read they've taken the kids entertainment out of the bar and into the kids area. Is this true? Hopefully so!

That's what the signs say, but on our sailing on the 6th it was in the bar area.
    You couldn't fit much of a show or audience in the kids area, maybe that was the plan before the sir play area was added?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

So it's t minus 24 his until the Pont Aven departs Roscoff.
    But she still hasn't left the shipyard in Brest?
    Am I still stressing myself out unnecessarily?
    How long does it take to sail from Brest to Roscoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

So it's t minus 24 his until the Pont Aven departs Roscoff. But she still hasn't left the shipyard in Brest? Am I still stressing myself out unnecessarily? How long does it take to sail from Brest to Roscoff?

A few hours I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

Presumably easier to leave it in Brest until as late as possible.

Would expect it leaves there in the morning and heads to Roscoff then to pick up passengers.

Roscoff is a pretty small port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

There is only one berth in Roscoff . It should not arrive until its scheduled arrival time....otherwise it blocks other (brittany) ferries ships !

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭No Bills

First Up wrote: »
    A few hours I'd say
    It seems to be about 130 km from Brest to Roscoff. That's a little longer than Dublin to Holyhead.

sceach16 wrote: »
    There is only one berth in Roscoff . It should not arrive until its scheduled arrival time....otherwise it blocks other (brittany) ferries ships !
    Yes, the Armorique has just arrived at Roscoff. This makes sense.
    It will be a busy day for the Pont-Aven crew tomorrow. Ship will have to be prepared for sailing after a long break. Hope it all goes to plan!

From Twitter this evening: "...we are expecting the Pont-Aven to sail as scheduled tomorrow. ^MC"
    https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1139248127469412355

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Pont Aven is on the Move!!! France here we come!!! https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9268708

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭pmpa

vienne86 wrote: »
    Pont Aven is on her way!

Great news, safe journey for everyone travelling this weekend. We are on the 22nd June sailing. Please let us know how the crossing goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Peckham wrote: »
    From what I've read they've taken the kids entertainment out of the bar and into the kids area. Is this true? Hopefully so!

Nope kids entertainment was in the bar. Kids play area too small to have anything on in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

that must be a relief to so many people

bon voyage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clonrunner

On the way back from roscoff ..the Pont Aven is going along nicely, nice change from the Connemara going out!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Anyone know what films are on the WB, heading on Tues eldest 2 might be sent off for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Anyone who has been on the Pont Aven, how has it been? If you have just arrived in France enjoy your holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Anyone know what films are on the WB, heading on Tues eldest 2 might be sent off for a while.

Not sure, maybe tweet them? But they also show movies free in the quiet lounge too and I think it was a kids movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

kindalen wrote: »
    Not sure, maybe tweet them? But they also show movies free in the quiet lounge too and I think it was a kids movie.

Thanks tweeted them yesterday no reply yet ..

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

MorganIRL wrote: »

Last week when we were on it, two of the three were Dumbo and The Hustle, cant remember what the 3rd one was

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭peter4918

Anyone who has been on the Pont Aven, how has it been? If you have just arrived in France enjoy your holiday!

Came out from Cork on Saturday. No complaints about it. Quick boarding, decent food/drink onboard, the 4 berth cabins are fairly tight but it’s only for a few hours sleep, a nice smooth crossing and a quick exit at Roscoff. No complaints really. Just hope it holds up for the return leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

peter4918 wrote: »
    Came out from Cork on Saturday. No complaints about it. Quick boarding, decent food/drink onboard, the 4 berth cabins are fairly tight but it’s only for a few hours sleep, a nice smooth crossing and a quick exit at Roscoff. No complaints really. Just hope it holds up for the return leg!

Thanks a million. Two families going together next week and there are some overly excited children already so it's great to hear all went well after the initial concern. Thank you for the update. Enjoy the holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Deeman83

Do you have to upgrade cabin accomodation or is the quiet lounge open to everyone?

I used to love the front bar on the old OW. Wife and kids off to bed, and then a quiet pint before bed. Calm before the storm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

Anyone can go into quiet lounge, when I was on it it wasn't too quiet, kids performers in cafe bar beside it. Comfy seats though.

https://www.irishferries.com/globalassets/ships/wbyeats/deck-plan/deckplan-wbyeats.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

FYI Aldi have trailer towing boards for €24.99 for anyone traveling with a rear bike rack or trailer.

Essential piece of safety equipment!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

There is/was a lovely shop just before Rosslare Port where you could pick up sandwiches and food for the ferry (and fresh milk to make a cuppa using the travel kettle).

We are coming from Limerick. travelling on the WB Yeats. And most likely using the Port Tunnel. Where would be best to easily pick up this stuff? Are we talking Junction 14?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Anyone can go into quiet lounge, when I was on it it wasn't too quiet, kids performers in cafe bar beside it. Comfy seats though.

https://www.irishferries.com/globalassets/ships/wbyeats/deck-plan/deckplan-wbyeats.pdf

Where is the main bar which has the magician, live music etc?

• Advertisement

Bicyclette wrote: »
    ...We are coming from Limerick. travelling on the WB Yeats. And most likely using the Port Tunnel. Where would be best to easily pick up this stuff? Are we talking Junction 14?
    This combination of the Port Tunnel and Junction 14 doesn't seem to make sense. You will come onto the M50 at Junction 9 (Red Cow) and head north (towards Port Tunnel) or south (towards Junction 14)?

Advertisement