Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

vienne86 wrote: »
    So the Brittany Ferries ship, Connemara, has done a strop again - it did something similar for a couple of days in May, when the Pont Aven was out of action.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/brittany-ferries-sailing-for-300-passengers-cancelled-hours-before-crossing-950697.html

Wonderful! I'm due to sail to Sandander next Wednesday, and got caught up in the Pont Aven breakdown in May. And got caught in the W B Yeats fiasco last year too.

In fairness to Brittany Ferries, they looked after us well in May. Fingers crossed things will get sorted by Wednesday.

Very nervous about making any more bookings!

Connemara was moored at Marino Point today - most unusual to see a passenger ship there. Surprised they didn't just pop it straight across the harbour to Verolme dockyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Connemara was moored at Marino Point today - most unusual to see a passenger ship there. Surprised they didn't just pop it straight across the harbour to Verolme dockyard.

I'm hoping it's sorted out quickly. I'm just about to book accommodation in Cork for Tuesday night but think I'll hold off for a couple of days before I pull the trigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Pretzill wrote:
    The WB Yeats only started this Spring and last year The OW (and all the years previous) was sailing. First year I can see in a long time that a very budget boat is soley taking the route.

I think the OW sailed until Christmas and just took January and maybe part of February. October 1st is definitely earlier than previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

webpal wrote: »
    Groupschemes Eurocamp latest discount code for 2020 is 20RISC01

Plenty of t&cs but worth a shot

Thanks Webpal - you dont have a link to T&C's by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭webpal

Terms and Conditions

The discounts apply per night to the accommodation base price and supplements based on the total holiday duration within the relevant date bands. The offer is subject to availability and a minimum duration of 3 nights with a maximum duration of 21 nights. The offer is only applicable to new 2020 bookings and cannot be applied retrospectively to an existing reservation. The offer is subject to the booking terms and conditions as stated in the 2020 Eurocamp brochure and cannot be combined with the any other Eurocamp offer or discounts.

The offer applies to Classic Tents, Safari Tents, Classic, comfort and Azure* Mobile Homes (Chalets, Lodges, Bungalows, Azure Plus and Aspect Accommodation Excluded)

*The discount does not apply to Azure accommodation at the following parcs; BS018, CB012, CB017, DR017, HL013, GR026, IA012, IA018, IL022, PA012, VS017, WM014, WM015, WM022, WM023.

The following parcs are not included in the offer CA022, CB017, CD011, CD012, CD013, CD019, GA049, GR014, HL012, HL031, IA015, IA022, IL019, IS018, RV015, RV062, VN011, VS011, WM017, WM020, WM032. Selected parcs may be excluded at any time.

The offer is only valid for bookings made between 14th August and 3rd December 2019. The offer cannot be redeemed through travel agents. The code cannot be used in conjunction with cashback sites or any other third party website. Use of the code via these sites will result in cashback claims being declined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Day 3 still mvconnemara still berthed at #marinopoint in Cork

https://twitter.com/acfunduro/status/1173486288277778433?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

john_doe. wrote: »
    Day 3 still mvconnemara still berthed at #marinopoint in Cork

https://twitter.com/acfunduro/status/1173486288277778433?s=19

She's just after docking in Ringaskiddy under her own steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

She's just after docking in Ringaskiddy under her own steam.

I'm wondering what the problem is. She was several hours late leaving Cork last Wednesday, but seemed to make the crossing to Santander in the usual 26.5 hours. Sat in Santander for 8 hours before heading back to Cork.

I see that it's still possible to book to go to Roscoff tonight on the Connemara, so she seems to be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

👋 would I be right in thinking that the ferry from Dublin to Cherbourg departs on a Friday most week's? just about to book a campsite for next July & trying to sort of confirm dates fro an airBnB stopover.

Thanks.

medic112 wrote:
    👋 would I be right in thinking that the ferry from Dublin to Cherbourg departs on a Friday most week's? just about to book a campsite for next July & trying to sort of confirm dates fro an airBnB stopover.

The round trip takes about 42 hours so the sailing days vary each week. Look at the timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

medic112 wrote: »

Thanks.

Which Dates are you looking at ? You can usually figure it out based on the current year's timetable. The weeks alternate so Friday 1 week and Saturday the next etc

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Is it not a bit weird Irish Ferries don't have a timetable up yet? I have Stena's 15% off offer in my inbox today....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭yellow76

Irish Ferries rep told me yesterday that they are expecting prices and timetable to be available from Mid-October.

Arriving July 05th. Normally just roll with it but tickets for an event & b&b will be hard to arrange by mid Oct

medic112 wrote:
    Arriving July 05th. Normally just roll with it but tickets for an event & b&b will be hard to arrange by mid Oct

Book somewhere for two nights (or two places for one night each) and cancel one when you know.

Way too early to know the sailing schedule.

The corresponding week for 2019 shows Thurs & Sat not Fri Sailings from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

SusanC10 wrote: »
    The corresponding week for 2019 shows Thurs & Sat not Fri Sailings from Dublin.

Could go either way really - Thursday/Saturday/Monday or Friday/Sunday/Tuesday

Eurocamp I notice are offering free amendments & cancellations up to 20th November

If we book before the ferry schedule is out it may mean amending to a day earlier or a day later unless we happen to guess correctly

Really appreciate all the replies, will just pull the trigger & book all. Brittany ferry said they'll be leaving every sat @ 1600 so something will fall into place.

medic112 wrote:
    Really appreciate all the replies, will just pull the trigger & book all. Brittany ferry said they'll be leaving every sat @ 1600 so something will fall into place.

That has been BF's once a week departure time for years. But they go into Roscoff; IF go to Cherbourg

Bugger, yeah wasn't thinking straight. Require some sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

Looking for a site recommendation from the collective wisdom here.

We've done France for past few years, and next year planning on overlapping holidays with friends.

They're campers and we're mobile homers, so looking for a site that does both quite well.

The site must be in the general area around La Rochelle, and walking distance from a decent beach.

Want somewhere that's not too hectic, but enough to keep the kids (ages 3 to 9) entertained.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭manshay

Peckham wrote: »
    Looking for a site recommendation from the collective wisdom here.

We've done France for past few years, and next year planning on overlapping holidays with friends.

They're campers and we're mobile homers, so looking for a site that does both quite well.

The site must be in the general area around La Rochelle, and walking distance from a decent beach.

Want somewhere that's not too hectic, but enough to keep the kids (ages 3 to 9) entertained.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sequoia park in Marennes hits the spot, except for the walk to beach part!
    Emplacements for some Eurocamp mobiles are beside the campers area.
    The emplacements are large and private too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

manshay wrote: »
    Sequoia park in Marennes hits the spot, except for the walk to beach part!
    Emplacements for some Eurocamp mobiles are beside the campers area.
    The emplacements are large and private too.

Yeah its a short drive to the beach from there. Maybe look at La Playmre, it might have something down that way.

just on the irish ferries crossings for 2020, a travel adviser told me that they have been told IF will be travelling out on even days & return on odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

just on the irish ferries crossings for 2020, a travel adviser told me that they have been told IF will be travelling out on even days & return on odd.

What's an even day? Or an odd. Is Monday or Sunday the 1st day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

I presume they mean the date, not day. So the 2nd of June is even and the 3rd of June is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

How does that work for August? 31 July and 1 August are both odd days. If it leaves France on 31 August, then does it switch to leaving France on even days for August?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Deeman83

Peckham wrote: »
    How does that work for August? 31 July and 1 August are both odd days. If it leaves France on 31 August, then does it switch to leaving France on even days for August?

Correct me if I am wrong people, but traditionally they release sailings up to June 30th. The July and August sailings will be in the 2nd wave released and I would suggest the odd and even will not apply in this case.

Apologies even & odd dates, I was talking to an Irish based company in the west pricing some sites & it was them that said IF had informed them of these likely days sailing's.

• Advertisement

Advertisement