Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Has anyone booked with Eurocamp for 2021 yet ?
    If yes, what is the best method of communication? Email?
    Are the usual Discounts available - Early Booking/Loyalty/Long Stay etc ?

We did a Pre-Registration for 2021 before the current crisis took off.
    We also have our 2020 with €99 paid and balance due next week. We were due to travel late June to Italy which obviously won't be happening now.

But would like to discuss all options with Eurocamp. Have emailed but no reply apart from auto-reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

We gave up on France for this year and rented a house in the West for 10 days in August instead. Got 67 back from 100 euro deposit with Irish Ferries. Got full airbnb amount back. Have yet to cancel with the two campsites until travel advice updated. We booked everything directly. About 350 euro outstanding now so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

We also have our 2020 with €99 paid and balance due next week. We were due to travel late June to Italy which obviously won't be happening now.

But would like to discuss all options with Eurocamp. Have emailed but no reply apart from auto-reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

SusanC10 wrote: »

Email is currently the ONLY way to contact them. Phone & live chat are unattended. They are dealing with booking chronologically as best they can.

Auto-reply email indicates a 5 day turnaround for replies. Ticket numbers are being issued so assumtion is they're dealing with people in order.

There is apparenly a booking transfer form available from them but no specifics on whether it's absolutely required or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Transferred our Eurocamp booking (Castell Montgri, due June 28th) to 2021 under their new scheme. Chances are we won't end up going unless everything aligns (flight prices etc) but handy to have in the back pocket with only the €99 deposit paid. Price lock is welcome but had a quick look and happy to see next year's prices don't look like they're obviously price gouging anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Deeman83

fits wrote: »
    We gave up on France for this year and rented a house in the West for 10 days in August instead. Got 67 back from 100 euro deposit with Irish Ferries. Got full airbnb amount back. Have yet to cancel with the two campsites until travel advice updated. We booked everything directly. About 350 euro outstanding now so not too bad.

When were you planning on going to France?

I take it IF are only dealing with people planning on traveling prior to 15th June at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

I see lifestyle holidays are using force majeure as a reason for not giving refunds but vouchers. Anybody know if this is can be challenged? I'm looking to get a refund from eurocamp rather than a credit note. I don't want to use their mobiles next Yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

To be honest, it is hard to argue with a global pandemic being a force majeure event. For a more detailed view, you need to read your actual terms and conditions and see what it specifically says. Likely they have done that already and feel they can do what they are doing, but no harm to verify as they might be chancing their arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

I see lifestyle holidays are using force majeure as a reason for not giving refunds but vouchers. Anybody know if this is can be challenged? I'm looking to get a refund from eurocamp rather than a credit note. I don't want to use their mobiles next Yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Following this evening's government announcement, part of the phased plan to reduce restrictions, I see that under Phase 4 on July 20 (best case scenario) is when we'll be allowed to leave our region. I would imagine that means that all non essential travel will be restricted until then. I've emailed Brittany Ferries asking for a refund as they will probably need to extend their passenger restrictions until then - we're meant to depart 4th of July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Treviso wrote: »
    Following this evening's government announcement, part of the phased plan to reduce restrictions, I see that under Phase 4 on July 20 (best case scenario) is when we'll be allowed to leave our region. I would imagine that means that all non essential travel will be restricted until then. I've emailed Brittany Ferries asking for a refund as they will probably need to extend their passenger restrictions until then - we're meant to depart 4th of July

Was doing the same and reading up on the gradual relaxation or continuation (which ever way you want to look at things !!) of restrictions.
    So for myself thats travelling to and from in June then phase 2 still applies with 'restrictions on travel from home to 20km'.

I wonder now does travel insurance or straight refund kick in. Will be finding out on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Phase 5, 10th August ...

"Resume tourist travel to offshore islands by non-residents"

We are booked on the ferry on the 10th July for 3 weeks. So I'm assuming we can cancel/ refund without penalty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

amor3 wrote: »
    Phase 5, 10th August ...

We are booked on the ferry on the 10th July for 3 weeks. So I'm assuming we can cancel/ refund without penalty.

That's listed under domestic travel.

No update today on international travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Deeman83 wrote: »
    When were you planning on going to France?

I take it IF are only dealing with people planning on traveling prior to 15th June at the minute?

I think it was June 15 or 16 departure.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    That's listed under domestic travel.

No update today on international travel.

I would presume domestic travel will be lifted before international travel though??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Phase 5, 10th August ...

Never ever assume anything. Check the actual T&C's of your booking and same with your travel insurance if you have it.

I would presume domestic travel will be lifted before international travel though??

Probably as that's a logical step but I wouldn't be assuming so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Phase 5, 10th August ...

Are you travelling with Brittany Ferries?
    Late to the discussion I think, but we've booked the same dates and I was advised last week by email from BF that if the ferry is running, it's basically tough. So advised me to postpone until October, then I can rebook for 2021.
    Remainder of balance due on the 11th May, so hoping I can get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Phase 5, 10th August ...

Irish islands....Arans, Cape clear , Tory etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

54and56 wrote: »
    Probably as that's a logical step but I wouldn't be assuming so.

Well the case I'll be making (as all my travel is in June) is if I cannot travel more than 20km as per Irish government restriction then I cannot get to the ferry.

Even if I was closer to the ferry I think to be honest the intent is for people not to travel more than 20km whether by car, boat or plane. International travel is implicit in a 20km limit.

I'll be testing my case with IF, travel insurance and Yelloh camping next week.

Looking a the plan you can only being to travel outside your region from July20th, that then begs the question on international travel.

• Advertisement

Does it matter that the French government is going to extend the lockdown until July 24th now?

airy fairy wrote: »
    Does it matter that the French government is going to extend the lockdown until July 24th now?

Was that just announced now? I thought it was meant to be 11th of May..

And just to reply to your earlier post, we are (meant to be) travelling with Irish ferries on the 10th of July. We won't be going regardless of restrictions or easing of them. Would not be worth it in my opinion..

Was that just announced now? I thought it was meant to be 11th of May..

And just to reply to your earlier post, we are (meant to be) travelling with Irish ferries on the 10th of July. We won't be going regardless of restrictions or easing of them. Would not be worth it in my opinion..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

When I read this comment, I checked with my son & his family in France. His latest information is: "Deconfinement in France starts Mon 11th May with, schools, businesses, shops all open. Everything except bars, restaurants, cafes etc. Beaches are still closed. A quarantine for all people arriving in France after 11th May until further notice has also been announced".

He has no information on tourist sites.

Gavlor wrote: »
    Stumbled across this, basically by July full facilities will be open subject to social distancing.

Whether they’ll be accessible for us non French remains to be seen. We’re changing ours to next year either way under the new eurocamp offer.

What will be, will be on the flights. Have to laugh at people saying that they don’t really use the pools because their kids spend the day hanging out with mates. You do realise that won’t be permitted under social distancing rules??!

http://www.ot-campings.com/L-Actualite/La-FNHPA-devoile-une-approche-de-sa-proposition-de-plan-sanitaire-campings

This statement from Simon Harris more or less confirms that international travel for all but the most essential reasons will be banned for most of the rest of the year - https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0502/1136268-covid-19/

Even if we could technically go, the idea of having to self isolate and all the burden that would put on others to deliver groceries etc for two weeks on our return effectively puts the kibosh on our 2020 holiday for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

This statement from Simon Harris more or less confirms that international travel for all but the most essential reasons will be banned for most of the rest of the year - https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0502/1136268-covid-19/

Even if we could technically go, the idea of having to self isolate and all the burden that would put on others to deliver groceries etc for two weeks on our return effectively puts the kibosh on our 2020 holiday for sure.

You would also need to self isolate in France for two weeks when you travel over

https://www.france24.com/en/20200502-france-extends-covid-19-health-emergency-until-july-24

Treviso wrote: »
    You would also need to self isolate in France for two weeks when you travel over

https://www.france24.com/en/20200502-france-extends-covid-19-health-emergency-until-july-24

Well that certainly removes any lingering doubts.

A 3 week staycation it is then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

I know Eurocamp are allowing you carry to 2021, but does this mean they will have to offer refunds now for French holidays?

tnegun wrote: »
    I know Eurocamp are allowing you carry to 2021, but does this mean they will have to offer refunds now for French holidays?

As I understand it the answer is no unfortunately. Emergency French legislation actually prevents holiday companies from making cash refunds as it could financially threaten the industry.

Voucher's are mandated and if not used within 18 (or maybe 24?) months then and only then can they be refunded in cash.

• Advertisement

As I understand it the answer is no unfortunately. Emergency French legislation actually prevents holiday companies from making cash refunds as it could financially threaten the industry.

Voucher's are mandated and if not used within 18 (or maybe 24?) months then and only then can they be refunded in cash.

I've no problem in a voucher or transfer of dates to next year. I'd like a holiday next year.
    No way would I travel this year.
    We can't travel over 20km here anyway so that the end of that.
    I'm just hoping the campsite transfers dates for me, I've emailed them.
    As for Brittany Ferries, they are a joke.
    No replies to emails.
    And my balance of ticket is to be taken next week.
    I'd rather they cancelled than me obviously.

Advertisement