Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,937 ✭✭✭✭josip

Au contraire...
    The Elysee has since contradicted the French Heath minister.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/france-proposes-coronavirus-quarantine-for-visitors-from-abroad

EU + UK citizens won't have to quarantine on arrival in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

The best I got from Yelloh is to defer my final payment to 30 days before. Euro camp seem much better. I’m not due to go until 22nd august so they’re hanging out but I’ll be sick if I lose all my money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

As Josip outlined just seen on Euronews arrivals from EU will not have to quarantine, that is a game changer.

I expect you wont be getting any refunds from July on as travel will be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Beanybabog wrote: »
    The best I got from Yelloh is to defer my final payment to 30 days before. Euro camp seem much better. I’m not due to go until 22nd august so they’re hanging out but I’ll be sick if I lose all my money

Yelloh are poor compared to some other operators. They didn't even mention the defered payment you were getting. This is what I have just got from them. They are really kicking the can as far down the road, wait till the end of may....

''We still do not have information about the situation in June 2020, we are waiting to see how and when the situation will evolve, and what measures will be taken by the governments.
    To date, the campsites are officially closed until the end of May minimum. If this exceptional situation of lockdown continues, decisions will be taken so that we can act in the best interest of our clients.
    For example, for stays in April and May, campsites are currently offering credit notes for 2020 or 2021 season.
    The insurances informed us that unfortunately they do not cover cancellations for stays after the 15th of April for coronavirus issues.

We therefore advise you to wait before cancelling and contact us or the campsite by the end of May in order to get the latest information.''

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

As Josip outlined just seen on Euronews arrivals from EU will not have to quarantine, that is a game changer.

I expect you wont be getting any refunds from July on as travel will be allowed.

Cant see the campsites opening as there be no kids clubs, no night time entertainment and how will the pool work? Will the pool be open if social distancing is present?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

If our own state is banning non-essential travel beyond 50km (which is as per the "plan" for our departure from Ireland date) then it doesn't really matter whether France is or isn't quarantining EU arrivals?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Just looking at the plan and there doesn't seem to be a specific reference to travel outside the state.
    I understand that it can be implied by banning non-essential travel beyond 50km but during discussions with ferry companies and campsite, it would be good to have more clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

airy fairy wrote: »
    I've no problem in a voucher or transfer of dates to next year. I'd like a holiday next year.
    No way would I travel this year.
    We can't travel over 20km here anyway so that the end of that.
    I'm just hoping the campsite transfers dates for me, I've emailed them.
    As for Brittany Ferries, they are a joke.
    No replies to emails.
    And my balance of ticket is to be taken next week.
    I'd rather they cancelled than me obviously.

any update from BF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

rightmove wrote: »
    any update from BF?

Absolutely nothing.
    I've messaged them to say I need info as I don't want my remainder fare taken out, and they messaged back saying wait for an email.
    Since Friday.

Absolutely nothing.
    I've messaged them to say I need info as I don't want my remainder fare taken out, and they messaged back saying wait for an email.
    Since Friday.

Why cant they allow ppl to get a voucher for the deposit. They just want the cash on their books one way or another and that is a bit unfair in the current environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

May be of interest to others with annual travel insurance....

I've had an annual travel insurance policy for past number of years. When all this kicked off I checked to see about exclusions due to pandemics etc., but there was nothing. Considered myself lucky that I had good coverage and the fallback of being able to claim for Coronavirus cancellations on my insurance. Have paid out €1200 so far on deposits (Brittany Ferries, Irish Ferries and two campsites).

Rang them this morning to confirm a few details and it turns out that as my policy expires in June, my holiday in August won't be covered. If I renew my policy in June, my next policy will have a Coronavirus exclusion cause.

My options are:
    a) Ride it out and see what happens come August and rely on credit notes from four different companies (if I even get them)
    b) Cancel the holiday before policy expires in mid-June, but no guarantee that insurance will pay out (claims evaluated on a case-by-case basis).

Very annoyed!!

Peckham wrote: »
    May be of interest to others with annual travel insurance....

I've had an annual travel insurance policy for past number of years. When all this kicked off I checked to see about exclusions due to pandemics etc., but there was nothing. Considered myself lucky that I had good coverage and the fallback of being able to claim for Coronavirus cancellations on my insurance. Have paid out €1200 so far on deposits (Brittany Ferries, Irish Ferries and two campsites).

Rang them this morning to confirm a few details and it turns out that as my policy expires in June, my holiday in August won't be covered. If I renew my policy in June, my next policy will have a Coronavirus exclusion cause.

My options are:
    a) Ride it out and see what happens come August and rely on credit notes from four different companies (if I even get them)
    b) Cancel the holiday before policy expires in mid-June, but no guarantee that insurance will pay out (claims evaluated on a case-by-case basis).

Very annoyed!!

My holiday is due to start end of june and has first 2 weeks of july but the travel insurance is up after the 1st week in july? wonder where I stand.

My holiday is due to start end of june and has first 2 weeks of july but the travel insurance is up after the 1st week in july? wonder where I stand.

Ring them! However, I suspect that if you can't travel due to Covid (and pandemics not excluded from your policy) that you will be covered as the date you're due to travel is within your policy period.

also just checked and I think a trip where I was stung for some accommodation costs via booking.com to the med i probably should be covered also. I never claimed on any insurance before so I didnt know I was covered

My Multi Trip insurance is out in June, travelling in July, so if they've taken the pandemic out, I can get nothing?
    Surely you can have some sort of comeback if you prove that you booked before the renewal?
    Would it be possible to cancel now and claim I wonder?
    I've never claimed on travel insurance before so no idea how this works.

My Multi Trip insurance is out in June, travelling in July, so if they've taken the pandemic out, I can get nothing?
    Surely you can have some sort of comeback if you prove that you booked before the renewal?

same here in that I never claimed on any insurance ever

Exact same situation as me. Was on the phone to them for 30 minutes and spoke with 3 different people. Pandemic will be excluded as soon as my policy is renewed. It doesn't matter when the booking was made (the insurance covers trips during the policy period, not bookings made during the period).

Possible to cancel now (or at least by the very last date of your policy). But your claim is subject to them accepting that it would have been impossible for you to travel in July.

Peckham wrote: »
    Exact same situation as me. Was on the phone to them for 30 minutes and spoke with 3 different people. Pandemic will be excluded as soon as my policy is renewed. It doesn't matter when the booking was made (the insurance covers trips during the policy period, not bookings made during the period).

Possible to cancel now (or at least by the very last date of your policy). But your claim is subject to them accepting that it would have been impossible for you to travel in July.

Like every other insurance I guess, you're never really covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Confirmation from Eurocamp this morning (emailed them on Thursday) confirming postponement to 2021

New booking confirmation with a new reference number for 2021 booking promised in a week or so

Now just need Irish Ferries to play ball

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

fdevine wrote: »
    Confirmation from Eurocamp this morning (emailed them on Thursday) confirming postponement to 2021

New booking confirmation with a new reference number for 2021 booking promised in a week or so

Now just need Irish Ferries to play ball

Yeah Irish ferries still only allowing amendments until the 15th of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Was due to sail on the 14th Irish Ferries and called them on Friday, first they tried to say I had to pay in full before the 4th before they would discuss my options, then proceeded to cancel the booking and told me I had lost the deposit as I had cancelled!! I explained I didn't ask to cancel and was looking for their advice on what to do next. I read out their statement on the site re carrying to next year and it was news to the agent. They put me on hold and said as a gesture as I have paid for a flexi booking they would transfer part of the deposit to next year but not all as I had taken breakdown insurance. I've to wait on an email regarding the insurance so no idea what will happen with that.

tnegun wrote: »
    Was due to sail on the 14th Irish Ferries and called them on Friday, first they tried to say I had to pay in full before the 4th before they would discuss my options, then proceeded to cancel the booking and told me I had lost the deposit as I had cancelled!! I explained I didn't ask to cancel and was looking for their advice on what to do next. I read out their statement on the site re carrying to next year and it was news to the agent. They put me on hold and said as a gesture as I have paid for a flexi booking they would transfer part of the deposit to next year but not all as I had taken breakdown insurance. I've to wait on an email regarding the insurance so no idea what will happen with that.

My balance is due the end of this month, I'm wondering if there is a way to block irish ferries taking the balance without me having to cancel my card first :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Might as well just wait for now they'll have to update he policy soon, hopefully they'll allow you carry the deposit to next year too.

tnegun wrote: »
    Might as well just wait for now they'll have to update he policy soon, hopefully they'll allow you carry the deposit to next year too.

That's what I'm hoping but judging by their facebook page, they've been taking money from people due to sail in June..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Happy to take the hit on the €100 deposit but fully expecting them to update their "cancellation & credit" dates.

If there is no update before my balance is due then I'll just pull the plug.

with BF there is alot more skin in the game when it comes to deposits - sometimes 50%

with BF there is alot more skin in the game when it comes to deposits - sometimes 50%

Yup, my deposit is €900

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Brittany ferries seem to have updated their website this morning and seem to be giving Credit Notes for a period of 2 years if you choose to cancel.
    https://www.brittanyferries.ie/information/faqs/travelling/coronavirus-covid-19

raddo wrote: »
    Brittany ferries seem to have updated their website this morning and seem to be giving Credit Notes for a period of 2 years if you choose to cancel.
    https://www.brittanyferries.ie/information/faqs/travelling/coronavirus-covid-19

And when you click on the timetable they provide, next sailing is May 23rd from Cork?
    Unless I'm looking at the wrong timetable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Absolutely nothing.
    Since Friday.

We're in the same boat, pardon the pun. Only e-mailed yesterday, sailing first week of August.

Advertisement