Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

rightmove wrote: »
    saw that - just sent them this. no reply to last mail

Hi,

As per the irish times article today can you confirm that I can cancel my booking for this year and receive a voucher for the deposit already paid. The article states

“Any customer deciding to cancel will be given a credit note valid for two years for the value of their deposit”

The irish times article mentions this was offered to customers however we have not received any such offer.

How do we go about doing this?

Regards

I think I'll send something similar tonight. But under another email I use and without giving my reservation number until I have contact made as I think my reservation number is being put into a bundle where they don't respond until the time limit is out.
    It's scandalous

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pablor101

airy fairy wrote: »
    I think I'll send something similar tonight. But under another email I use and without giving my reservation number until I have contact made as I think my reservation number is being put into a bundle where they don't respond until the time limit is out.
    It's scandalous

I have wrote two or three times with next day response BF. They said I don’t have to pay remainder of trip and if sailing is going ahead- no options bar deferral for max 1 year ( no good as wife a teacher so can’t go earlier). If on other hand sailing cancelled by BF 24mth credits for rebooking- I am waiting to see what will happen. As of now BF officially sailing from 23rd May- I am not till end of June so have to wait it all out. I would have rearranged booking if they allowed over 1 yr which is BS they don’t- I need 13 mths. SIBLU in France have said no need to pay further, booking guaranteed and if able to travel obviously have to pay up. If can’t travel can book next year then..

It’s wait and see for a bit- if things dramatically change over next few weeks and sailing happens I am on the boat even if cafe and restaurants not opening- still cheaper than here. That is if beach’s are open- quiet enough where we normally go so that might be fine- will eat on decking an site- same as here...

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

Pablor101 wrote: »
    I have wrote two or three times with next day response BF. They said I don’t have to pay remainder of trip and if sailing is going ahead- no options bar deferral for max 1 year ( no good as wife a teacher so can’t go earlier). If on other hand sailing cancelled by BF 24mth credits for rebooking- I am waiting to see what will happen. As of now BF officially sailing from 23rd May- I am not till end of June so have to wait it all out. I would have rearranged booking if they allowed over 1 yr which is BS they don’t- I need 13 mths. SIBLU in France have said no need to pay further, booking guaranteed and if able to travel obviously have to pay up. If can’t travel can book next year then..

It’s wait and see for a bit- if things dramatically change over next few weeks and sailing happens I am on the boat even if cafe and restaurants not opening- still cheaper than here. That is if beach’s are open- quiet enough where we normally go so that might be fine- will eat on decking an site- same as here...
    so you just paid the deposit and they were ok with that....

they are playing everyone individually so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

They posted details of the scheme up on their website on Tuesday I think

https://www.brittanyferries.ie/information/faqs/travelling/coronavirus-covid-19

I don't think I'll be able to travel this summer or later in the year, what can I do?
    All our tickets are flexible and most can be amended via Manage My Booking. In recognition of the current situation, we're also offering enhanced flexibility to those of you who may feel anxious, or disinclined, to travel this summer. For these bookings, we're offering the chance to amend free of charge (although fare increases will still apply) or to cancel and receive a Refund Credit Note (RCN) for any previously non-refundable cancellation fees or deposits, for a limited time. The RCN will be valid for two years and we're planning to have our 2021 schedules available for booking by mid-July.

To take advantage of this limited offer, please contact us by email with your booking reference if you plan to cancel your booking. Please also note this offer cannot be backdated.

Reading the latest update today their language has changed around when they will be sailing again this year

Yes, I got an email sat 2 weeks ago advising balance due that Tuesday. Sent email on Sunday and the guy who got back said he would stop collection of balance. I asked about dates and said they were reviewing the12 mth rebooking- basically I have to pay if sailing going ahead- if not 24 mth credit note-
    Sounds like each case as it comes for them.

• Advertisement

Tweaky wrote: »
    They posted details of the scheme up on their website on Tuesday I think

https://www.brittanyferries.ie/information/faqs/travelling/coronavirus-covid-19

I don't think I'll be able to travel this summer or later in the year, what can I do?
    All our tickets are flexible and most can be amended via Manage My Booking. In recognition of the current situation, we're also offering enhanced flexibility to those of you who may feel anxious, or disinclined, to travel this summer. For these bookings, we're offering the chance to amend free of charge (although fare increases will still apply) or to cancel and receive a Refund Credit Note (RCN) for any previously non-refundable cancellation fees or deposits, for a limited time. The RCN will be valid for two years and we're planning to have our 2021 schedules available for booking by mid-July.

To take advantage of this limited offer, please contact us by email with your booking reference if you plan to cancel your booking. Please also note this offer cannot be backdated.

Reading the latest update today their language has changed around when they will be sailing again this year

1st June now advised on website for next passenger sailing- went back one week

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

there website has 2 options
    1./ cancel booking
    or
    2./ apply a refund

their note above seems to suggest both buttons will do same thing
    "or to cancel and receive a Refund Credit Note (RCN) for any previously non-refundable cancellation fees "

there website has 2 options
    1./ cancel booking
    or
    2./ apply a refund

their note above seems to suggest both buttons will do same thing
    "or to cancel and receive a Refund Credit Note (RCN) for any previously non-refundable cancellation fees "

In the page I linked to above there is a link to a special email address to claim the RCN - My understanding is if you press the cancel button they will not give you a voucher you have to email them on the special address.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Got this today

In order to escalate this matter further, please may I ask that you complete the contact form on our website, selecting ‘my sailing is cancelled, I’d like an alternative to a credit note’ option. We will endeavour to process your request as quickly as possible however, due to the exceptionally high volume of correspondence we are receiving, our current response time may be up to 45 days.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/contact/form

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

amor3 wrote: »
    When are you travelling.. I'm july so I'm over 42 days..

I was as well. Outbound was 28th July. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the T&Cs and something to do with card/admin fees. I remember it being around that number at the time I booked so didn't argue the point.

• Advertisement

Treviso wrote: »
    Got this today

In order to escalate this matter further, please may I ask that you complete the contact form on our website, selecting ‘my sailing is cancelled, I’d like an alternative to a credit note’ option. We will endeavour to process your request as quickly as possible however, due to the exceptionally high volume of correspondence we are receiving, our current response time may be up to 45 days.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/contact/form

I'm wondering if I complete this transaction to cancel, before I am due to pay the balance, which is next Monday, will I actually get a voucher after the 45 days or will they try and say that I still needed to complete the full balance?
    At this stage it's like a gun to the head and it looks like I may have to pay the full ticket price.
    Clear as mud

You are better off going through the brittanyferries.ie website and email addresses I am finding them far more responsive and accommodating.
    The .co.uk team seems to be swamped

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Deeman83

Is anyone waiting to hear back from Irish Ferries regarding Cancellation/Credit due to Covid 19 crisis?

I emailed them on Thursday but tbey have yet to respond.

The French campsites that we booked with have all been really good and understanding and moved my booking to summer 2021.
    One campsite charged a 20E admin fee and the other (domaine des ormes) didn't charge a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Does anyone know if it is possible to amend a Eurocamp Booking online ?

Eurocamp have moved our Deposit into 2021 but have booked the wrong Dates and Campsites.

Have emailed twice but no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Rang siblu today about our july booking.
    Dont have to pay any thing till French government makes announcement on 2nd of June regarding pools and campsites

Dont have to pay any thing till French government makes announcement on 2nd of June regarding pools and campsites

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Deeman83 wrote: »
    Is anyone waiting to hear back from Irish Ferries regarding Cancellation/Credit due to Covid 19 crisis?

The French campsites that we booked with have all been really good and understanding and moved my booking to summer 2021.
    One campsite charged a 20E admin fee and the other (domaine des ormes) didn't charge a cent.

You might be better contacting Irish_Ferries through their Facebook page. I sent numerous emails with no response, sent them a message and had everything sorted in 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

As far as I can see from siblu, we can amend any booking until September 2021..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

We decided we were going to give France a miss this year - 5 trips in 7 years. Sitting outside this morning after our Darkness into Light walk, watching the sunrise, it reminded me how amazing it is in St Jean Des Monts standing on the beach watching the sunset on the Atlantic in the evening. Can’t wait to get back next year!!!

amor3 wrote: »
    As far as I can see from siblu, we can amend any booking until September 2021..

They are usually good in fairness. Hopefully the same price also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

They are usually good in fairness. Hopefully the same price also

Yeah we got a great price for this year as we booked before we left the site last year, hoping on a good price but also hoping irish ferries will play ball as well. We can take the refund but if we could get a good deal with IF I would rebook with them. But have a feeling the fares will increase significantly for next year and I don't think they will book now for next year :-(

Can someone advise me re Brittany Ferries?
    Due to have balance of my fare deducted on Tuesday. Have realised when I booked that I refused BF to take balance straight out on the day from my Visa, so I guess they'll email me and give me the usual 7 days to pay.
    Question.
    When I go to manage my booking, there's a 'apply for a refund' option.
    Has anyone gone this route for a refund? And has it been successful?
    I email bf 10 days ago now, and no reply yet
    Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

We also emailed IF o 6 May and heard nothing yet re cancel and credit note.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

We also emailed IF on 6 May and heard nothing yet re cancel and credit note.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rex_turner

Airy-fairy - I was in a slightly different situation as I had booked a full holiday through them (ferry and campsite), so my booking wasn't online but my experience might be of some use to you.
    I had paid a deposit of 400 euro (standard deposit for BF holidays) - the balance was due to be debited in early April but didn't come out as I'd got a new credit card in the interim - there was no follow-up from Brittany Ferries looking for further payment.
    Last week when they updated their website re giving credit notes for previously non-refundable deposits, I emailed them using the email from the Covid FAQ website (something like voucherquestions.at.brittany etc.), I requested that my holiday be cancelled if I could get a credit note for my deposit (I was more than 42 days from travel date, so under normal circumstances would have lost my deposit but nothing else).
    Today I received an email with a credit note for my 400 - I have 2 years from today to spend it (sailing can be more than 2 years from today).
    This suits me as we almost always go with Brittany Ferries and I'd rather have a credit note for 400 than a much larger sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Contacted them via their bookings@ email last Wednesday. Responded witin 24 hours to say details would be updated within a week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭John G

airy fairy wrote: »
    Can someone advise me re Brittany Ferries?
    Due to have balance of my fare deducted on Tuesday. Have realised when I booked that I refused BF to take balance straight out on the day from my Visa, so I guess they'll email me and give me the usual 7 days to pay.
    Question.
    When I go to manage my booking, there's a 'apply for a refund' option.
    Has anyone gone this route for a refund? And has it been successful?
    I email bf 10 days ago now, and no reply yet
    Thanks all.

Same situation myself. The button says "Apply a Refund" not "Apply for a Refund". Going to have to hit the big red "Cancel Booking" button and see what happens

John G wrote: »
    Same situation myself. The button says "Apply a Refund" not "Apply for a Refund". Going to have to hit the big red "Cancel Booking" button and see what happens

I've got a reply to my email of 12 days ago, where I advised bf that I could not travel as restrictions on travel here were until July 20th.
    Pleased to say, BF have given me a credit note for my full deposit.
    Valid 2 years from today, so can only get in 1 summer but anyway, better than loosing it.
    Hope that helps somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Deeman83

Ladylouth wrote: »
    We also emailed IF on 6 May and heard nothing yet re cancel and credit note.

I contacted them on facebook and they asked to send the details via facebook messenger.

All sorted in 30 minutes.

Got 100% credit up to Dec 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

I contacted them on facebook and they asked to send the details via facebook messenger.

All sorted in 30 minutes.

Got 100% credit up to Dec 2021.

When were you due to sail Deeman?

Advertisement