Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I booked Brittany Ferries on the way out to France this year as I had heard so many good things about them.

However, I havefond Irish Ferries much easier to contact and deal with in recent weeks and they refunded my €100 deposit less the €15 I paid for flexibility.

Before now Brittany Ferries have been saying that they are concentrating on the passengers on the cancelled boats. We are now one of these but they are providing very little options to answer the email and get more details on options.

Here is the email that I received ref the sailing Cork to Roscoff.

I’m sorry to confirm we have had to cancel this reservation as a result of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.

Closely following both governmental advice and World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines to limit potential health risks for passengers and crew and mindful of the differing lockdowns affecting all four countries to which we operate, it simply isn’t possible for us to proceed with this sailing. We plan to resume passenger services soon but cannot do so just yet. We’re doing everything we reasonably can to expedite a safe return to usual service and share your disappointment.

Each day sees new developments and measured easing of some restrictions. The dynamic nature of these changes make it impossible for us to give a definite date for that return but please be assured we will be back as soon as possible.

Please note that the money paid to us for this booking will be refunded by Refund Credit Note (details below). The note is valid for two years and may be redeemed against any future sailing or inclusive holiday with Brittany Ferries. The note will also entitle you to exclusive discounts on future sailings over the next two years and we’ll contact you again on this in due course.

If you have another sailing similarly impacted, we’ll contact you under separate cover via email.

Find our latest updates, frequently asked questions and further options at www.brittanyferries.ie/information/faqs/travelling/coronavirus-covid-19

Again, I’m sorry for the disappointment this mail will bring and hope we will be able to welcome you back on board very soon.

Thank you for your understanding

I dont want to be putting the boot in when companies like this are obviously struggling to deal with everyone but, surely if the airlines have to give a full refund, the the ferry companies must have to also?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭roddney

Anyone get response from Yelloh Village or campsites. No email on their site anymore.

I sent an email to our specific campsite (Mane Guernehue) about holiday in 2nd half of July, but no response.

The general information on their site is a little hard to interpret
    https://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/pratiques/informations_coronavirus

Seems to suggest their insurance won't cover border closures or government enforced closures. Seems to suggest force majeure and they're not saying they will cover holiday with voucher etc. themselves either.

We don't have any insurance as hadn't bought it yet and obviously not covered now if we did buy it now. Stopped credit card to stop further payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

We've cancelled IF - we had paid for flexi, so got most of it back.

We put in with Yelloh! on the cancellation insurance, got offered the credit note up to 2022. We accepted that while it was going, given the EU moves to open tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I had booked directly with my campsite in St Jeans De Monts. Contacted them last night and said with the way the advice was coming from the Irish Govt, we wouldn't be able to travel.
    They offered a credit note for next year and if not used, a full refund. Which is fair enough in the current circumstances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Barbeapapa

Yes, I got a credit note for my Yelloh campsite deposit. They are individually owned though so I'm not sure they are obliged to act the same.

FWIW I have stayed at Mané Guernehue and it was very nice though we had the place to ourselves in early/mid September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

jay0109 wrote: »
    I had booked directly with my campsite in St Jeans De Monts. Contacted them last night and said with the way the advice was coming from the Irish Govt, we wouldn't be able to travel.
    They offered a credit note for next year and if not used, a full refund. Which is fair enough in the current circumstances

Just some info that may be of use to other on here, my credit note includes the following detail:
    Under these exceptional circumstances, a ministerial order dated 25 March 2020 regulates the conditions for the cancellation of stays due to COVID-19.
    It specifies that a voucher (Bon a Valoir) for the full value of any payments made to date will be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Barbeapapa wrote: »
    Yes, I got a credit note for my Yelloh campsite deposit. They are individually owned though so I'm not sure they are obliged to act the same.

FWIW I have stayed at Mané Guernehue and it was very nice though we had the place to ourselves in early/mid September.

Same for me with Yelloh, you are dealing with the individual campsite directly in terms of comms and credit. This is a summary of what I received without prompting (I was staying at the Le P'tit Bois and travelling June 15th - June 27th)

In accordance with this ordinance you will find attached a Credit Voucher corresponding to the sums paid in order to defer your stay at our campsite. This Credit Voucher is valid for 18 months from its date of issue, you are under no obligation to choose the dates of your stay.....

If you have not used your Credit Voucher within the 18 month period, and in accordance with the government ordinance, you can ask for a refund of the Credit Voucher by simple request by email only from September 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Pulled the trigger this morning and moved our RY flights to next June, booked La Sirene for 13 nights. A 13 night holiday for 4 with flights, car and mobile worked out at 1400. I know its June but campsite holidays give incredible value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

Hi,

We're due to sail on the 30th June so are just outside the current 'enhanced flexibility refund' window that IF currently has posted. Our sailing is fully paid up (€1,500) and thankfully we went for the flexi option, however, we'll need to decide in the next day or so whether to cancel completely or hope they'll extend the enhanced flexibility option as ideally we'd just like a voucher to use in 2021.

When I log in and go to the Manage Booking window there is no option to Cancel, only to amend the sail dates. Anyone have any idea what our best course of action is here? If we don't pull the trigger on this we'll be inside the 42 day window and will lose some of our money.

Thoughts?
    NT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

We had a similar dilemma this week. Due to sail on 26th June, emailed a week before remainder due as no option to cancel and no response. Followed advice of another poster on this thread and contacted them on Facebook and got a response the next day, confirmed that boking cancelled and €100 credit due on our next trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

For Irish Ferries, I found twitter the quickest way to contact them. I took a credit for travel next summer, however I would expect prices to be higher, maybe 15%+ next year as demand increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

We took a refund with IF over a credit note. We are getting a voucher from the campsite. At least we will have the option to weigh up ferry or boat for pricing then next year. Would miss the ferry though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

roddney wrote: »
    Anyone get response from Yelloh Village or campsites. No email on their site anymore.

I sent an email to our specific campsite (Mane Guernehue) about holiday in 2nd half of July, but no response.

The general information on their site is a little hard to interpret
    https://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/pratiques/informations_coronavirus

Seems to suggest their insurance won't cover border closures or government enforced closures. Seems to suggest force majeure and they're not saying they will cover holiday with voucher etc. themselves either.

We don't have any insurance as hadn't bought it yet and obviously not covered now if we did buy it now. Stopped credit card to stop further payments.

They’ve been very poor in comparison to other campsites. The best we got was to delay our final payment. We didn’t have the cancellation insurance but it doesn’t seem to cover this anymore- it’s not clear if they shut the campsite or travel is banned are they just keeping all our money or do we get a credit note

Eurocamp offically cancelled our holiday today and sent me my refund credit note. Dont want the credit as we have booked with lifestyle for next year. I filled in the cash refund form from the email link and will get fully refunded all be it dont know how long it will take..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Eurocamp offically cancelled our holiday today and sent me my refund credit note. Dont want the credit as we have booked with lifestyle for next year. I filled in the cash refund form from the email link and will get fully refunded all be it dont know how long it will take..

When were you due to travel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

NickTellis wrote: »
    Hi,

We're due to sail on the 30th June so are just outside the current 'enhanced flexibility refund' window that IF currently has posted. Our sailing is fully paid up (€1,500) and thankfully we went for the flexi option, however, we'll need to decide in the next day or so whether to cancel completely or hope they'll extend the enhanced flexibility option as ideally we'd just like a voucher to use in 2021.

When I log in and go to the Manage Booking window there is no option to Cancel, only to amend the sail dates. Anyone have any idea what our best course of action is here? If we don't pull the trigger on this we'll be inside the 42 day window and will lose some of our money.

Thoughts?
    NT

Got this sorted today. I think the best course of action is to contact IF via Facebook and you'll get a response from them sooner than if you phone. We were due to sail on the 30th June so, as per the current IF terms, we would have been subject to their 'standard' terms and conditions as the flexi terms being offered only extend to the 29th. Wanted to get this sorted today otherwise we'd have been inside the 42 day window for 100% refund.
    Long story short, we were offered a full refund or a credit note valid until the end of 2021 for the full amount. Went for the credit note in the end just to make it easier financially next summer... assuming IF don't go tits up in the meantime. :rolleyes:

SusanC10 wrote: »
    When were you due to travel ?

Friday week the 29th.

Wonder why some people are getting 100% refund and others like myself are getting deducted admin fees??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Was wondering the same myself, are you guys having the flexi fee deducted from your booking? Any of you take the breakdown cover? I didn't get that refunded and am waiting on an email to confirm its status.

• Advertisement

tnegun wrote: »
    Was wondering the same myself, are you guys having the flexi fee deducted from your booking? Any of you take the breakdown cover? I didn't get that refunded and am waiting on an email to confirm its status.

Yes, I had €33 deducted for flexi fee and administrative costs.. you would think the price I was charged for taking out the flexibility option would have it covered in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

Pulled the trigger this morning and moved our RY flights to next June, booked La Sirene for 13 nights. A 13 night holiday for 4 with flights, car and mobile worked out at 1400. I know its June but campsite holidays give incredible value for money.

Hi Munsterbhoy,

Do you mind me asking how you booked it all for such a low price? Did you have a returning visitor discount for the camp site and is it an early June booking?

Redlim wrote: »
    Hi Munsterbhoy,

Do you mind me asking how you booked it all for such a low price? Did you have a returning visitor discount for the camp site and is it an early June booking?
    Hi booking as follows flights Dub - Toulouse for 4 with Ryanair €587. Hybrid car with europcar for 14 days €227. 2 bed mobile with linen/towel pack plus plot selection for 13 nights €534 with lifestyle ( Inc 5% previous customer disc). €1348. Will need a cheap hotel on last night near the airport for 10.30am flight home as well. Need any more info just ask. May 29 - June 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

Hi booking as follows flights Dub - Toulouse for 4 with Ryanair €587. Hybrid car with europcar for 14 days €227. 2 bed mobile with linen/towel pack plus plot selection for 13 nights €534 with lifestyle ( Inc 5% previous customer disc). €1348. Will need a cheap hotel on last night near the airport for 10.30am flight home as well. Need any more info just ask. May 29 - June 12th.

Thanks a mill for the detail. You're getting a lot of bang for your buck there. I'm a newbie to camping holidays so am still learning the best ways to book it all. Just one more question if that's ok - did you book the campsite direct or with Eurocamp?

Redlim wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the detail. You're getting a lot of bang for your buck there. I'm a newbie to camping holidays so am still learning the best ways to book it all. Just one more question if that's ok - did you book the campsite direct or with Eurocamp?

We usually book with lifestyle or eurocamp. Lifestyle are limited in where they have mobiles, eurocamp are in a lot more parks. Lifestyle are cheaper. Done deal have owners mobiles for rent in some parks, we've never used them but some posters on here have You usually get bikes or sat tv with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Huttopia finally came back with an offer of a voucher for our 9 night stay in June.
    They had been refusing due to us booking a non flexi fare.

We'll hopefully get to use the value of it next year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Huttopia finally came back with an offer of a voucher for our 9 night stay in June.
    They had been refusing due to us booking a non flexi fare.

We'll hopefully get to use the value of it next year

same here, we pointed out that on the date we were due to travel (in July) we won't even be allowed travel to the airport so they offered the voucher, which I'm happy enough with. Now to see what happens with Ryanair, as things stand the flights are running...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Quick question folks - we've cancelled all of our trip, lost deposits to the the tune of €250.
    Now, our flights are with aerlingus and were scheduled to depart on July 10th - They've sent a generic email offering free rescheduling, but as we only take one trip a year, and the flights for next June and July aren't available for booking yet, I'm not sure how to proceed, has anyone else been in a similar situation, and if so, what did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Quick question folks - we've cancelled all of our trip, lost deposits to the the tune of €250.
    Now, our flights are with aerlingus and were scheduled to depart on July 10th - They've sent a generic email offering free rescheduling, but as we only take one trip a year, and the flights for next June and July aren't available for booking yet, I'm not sure how to proceed, has anyone else been in a similar situation, and if so, what did you do?

You could be in bother.

Aer Lingus email offering voucher +10% ended up in my spam last week. They are offering it for flights Departing before June 30th.

I filled in the form but haven’t heard back yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

AL could extend the Vouchers until July 20th or August 10th as according to the Plan we shouldn't be travelling more than 20km from home until July 20th and not off this Island until August 10th.

Advertisement