Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

mikerd4 wrote: »
    Paid the balance owing on siblu la reserve and got the confirmation email with van details etc. Cant wait to go now.

Can any one tell me how the fun pass works? I thought they were wrist bands but siblu are suggesting to use an app for the passes? Thats ok but my kids wont have phones only me and the wife.

Hi Mike,

We holidayed in La Reserve last year and loved it, going back again this July.

The fun pass app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siblu.fun.pass&hl=en) is an alternative to the lanyards they issue. I used it a lot as I'd frequently not have my Lanyard with me. You simply download the app, input your name, booking ref and take a selfie. When entering the pool or entertainment area you flash the app and you're given access. It works fine but the one drawback is the app can't be used when getting table tennis or other equipment as they want to keep your lanyard so they know who to go looking for if the equipment isn't returned or is abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

ftm2008 wrote: »
    booking direct seems to give more options on accommodation but I think there are Kelair Reps onsite so is this any help.

Unless you book with Kelair, their reps will be of zero help to you.
    The times I've gone to France, I've found we rarely needed the reps for anything other than key handover.

Have been to Sol a Gogo, very enjoyable with young children.
    Le Clarys Plage around the corner was also excellent. Larger site and great pool facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Been there a few times and would recommend it, 10/10. In fact our problem is trying to pick another resort; after being to Cambrils it's hard to go anywhere else!
    Here's a map of the accommodation in Cambrils, the pink is ones I'd recommend, red avoid if you can.

The brown ones are Aloha, you can see the nice green in front.
    The ones by the pool are Bonita.
    Each bungalow number is on it but they're hard to read. Aloha A and B, Bonita I can't read them.
    The pools by 20/24 are the ones that we stayed around mainly; they have slides/shallow pools for the kids. So the Bonita ones I outlined are great cos they're so close you can pop back to the bungalow in 20 seconds.

We stayed in B29 I think, pink circle at top, just to the right of the Palm Tree- nice as the kids can play right out front.

Most nights there's entertainment in between area 7 and 8/29 so I'd try not to be in the red ones next to it that I outlined. The other red ones are either in the far corner or by the areas that are 'noisy' at night. But if you can't get where I outlined take anywhere, nowhere is that bad or loud.
    [IMG][/img]5wmkw2.jpg

Good luck,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Pa thank so for that most helpful information.
    Someone who works with my husband has also been there a few times with eurocamp and said it's cheaper to book with them due to early booking discounts and loyalty discounts - sometimes few hundred cheaper than booking direct ?

They taking bookings for 2018 from next week so I'll price them all - we want to go there it's just who's the cheapest to book with now and taking our chances that we get a decent location - as I don't think you can choose with the operators ?

With an operator I've no idea. If it was me I'd tell the operator if you want my business (and a lot of money) I want this location. As it's booking for 2018 and they're not taking bookings yet you should have your pick.

Or phone the resort and tell them can they match the operator?

Here's one of my photo from there, the cool fake - Lighthouse

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

We've been to the sister site Sanguli 3 times. For me the location is slightly better as it walks directly out onto the beach. I have never been up to Cambrils site but I think there are very similar
    You cant go wrong with either, but for me Sanguli fronting out onto the beach was better for me
    We stayed all 3 times in the Villa Paradise (best one was #62) its great for the young kids if you have them as it has plenty open space out front for them to play safely and you can sit in the evening on the patio with a drink and the patio faces west for the sunset

Prices go up slightly every year budget an extra 3-4 % on 2017 prices.

Fly to Reus with Ryanair, book a car if you need one they are reasonably cheap over there, its just 20min from Reus to camp site

If you need any more info just let me know...great choice by the way

We've been to the sister site Sanguli 3 times. For me the location is slightly better as it walks directly out onto the beach. I have never been up to Cambrils site but I think there are very similar
    You cant go wrong with either, but for me Sanguli fronting out onto the beach was better for me
    We stayed all 3 times in the Villa Paradise (best one was #62) its great for the young kids if you have them as it has plenty open space out front for them to play safely and you can sit in the evening on the patio with a drink and the patio faces west for the sunset

Fly to Reus with Ryanair, book a car if you need one they are reasonably cheap over there, its just 20min from Reus to camp site

We always got a cab- about €30 max. Once in the resort we never wanted for a car.

For anyone who goes there make a trip to Cambrils town to lekeitio/en/ for tapas. Authentic place, they don't speak much English, sit in the bar section or outdoors and watch the world go by.

Costa Verde Restaurant on the walk into Cambrils is excellent
    They have a little play ground area for small kids aswell as part of the restaurant so the kids can go off and play while you enjoy a quiet drink together and get 20mins break

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Thanks for that - had seen Sanguli in the Eurocamp brochure too, but it's actually more expensive per week than Cambrils on the Eurocamp brochure so I hadn't considered it.

Might price them too

• Advertisement

We'll have a 2byr 10 month old toddler if/when we go this year.
    How's sanguli for kids that age? Cambrils has a nice toddlers pool, wondering what Sanguli is like for toddlers.

aquarius10 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - had seen Sanguli in the Eurocamp brochure too, but it's actually more expensive per week than Cambrils on the Eurocamp brochure so I hadn't considered it.

Might price them too

You don't need to book with Eurocamp to stay there on the site, you can book the bungalows direct. Eurocamp from what I remember just do the mobile homes but the camp sites themselves do all the bungalows
    dinneenp wrote: »
    We'll have a 2byr 10 month old toddler if/when we go this year.
    How's sanguli for kids that age? Cambrils has a nice toddlers pool, wondering what Sanguli is like for toddlers.
    Ya Sanguli has 3 pool areas, the one near the front which is the quieter of them all is ideal for toddlers

Sanguli is ideal for kids of all ages, mine are 16 & 14 now and feel they are a bit grown up for it, but when they were a lot younger they couldn't get enough of the place

Lex Luthor

I've priced the paradise on sanguli own website and it's around €10 - €15 a night dearer than Cambrils for same dates. However the caravans on sanguli are working out a lot cheaper - so we'll have to keep it in mind

The locations of the mobile homes on Sanguli are actually in a decent enough location of the camp site...situated between 2 pools and near the shower blocks.

Alfresco also do mobiles on site worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I'm liking Camping Waikiki which is a bit to the north but ticks a lot of boxes.....travelling with two teens. First week is in Krk Croatia, 6 days to spend in Italy.

Advice welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

Random question, Do you think it would be cheeky of me to ring up Eurocamp and ask that if they could allocate us a mobile home on a large pitch? I.e a bit of grass around it? I know that some pitches would be tight enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hero777 wrote: »
    Random question, Do you think it would be cheeky of me to ring up Eurocamp and ask that if they could allocate us a mobile home on a large pitch? I.e a bit of grass around it? I know that some pitches would be tight enough.

it certainly wouldn't be cheeky, how accomodating they'd be is another story. what campsite are you going to?

it certainly wouldn't be cheeky, how accomodating they'd be is another story. what campsite are you going to?
    We are heading to Les Clareys Paige in Vendee in the middle of July, no harm in asking right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

We are heading to Les Clareys Paige in Vendee in the middle of July, no harm in asking right?

nope, no harm at all. The policy can vary from site to site, sometimes they're allocated by the park management, and sometimes the company you paid allocate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Typically with Eurocamp, you pay extra for the larger pitches.
    Also space in Le Clarys Plage is limited, can't remember seeing any larger pitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

The Sun offer is reopening again from 7th April
    Still availability in July incl Clarys Plage, Le Genet etc
    More info here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5624253&page=2#topofpage

legohouse wrote: »
    Just a heads up for those who haven't booked their campsites for France yet.
    I have managed to book 7 Nights in Sol a Gogo for £172.50 and a weekend in Des Ormes for £82.50.
    So all in... 10 nights accommodation in France from 7th July for just over £250

The Sun newspaper run a Holidays for £9.50 promo mainly for UK campsites but it also includes lots of European Campsites incl lots of popular ones like Des Ormes, Clerys Plage, etc
    They have 3 options:
    3 Nights - Fri-Sun @ £15.00pp
    4 Nights - Mon-Thu @ £15.00pp
    7 Nights - Mon-Sun @ £30.00pp
    Min Numbers are 4 and Max for European sites is 6

You have to collect 10 different tokens from the newspaper but the codes are available here -
    https://www.holidaypirates.com/holidaypackages/sun-holiday-codes-950-holidays-collect-your-holiday-tokens_15076
    Once you have the codes, Book here - https://ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk/2017/

The European Campsites are effectively all the Eurocamp ones.
    However the promotion only gives you a Basic Mobile (Eurocamp - Classic), limited dates available and there are no amendments possible once booked.
    Dates are also available at easter (I got 7 nights at campsite in Costa Dorade for the same £120 price)

Closing date is 17th Feb but i 'd be quick dates are going very fast

Saved a few quid on the ferry too but that's for another post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I'm driving Cork to France end of August by myself. The ferry is crazy expensive when it's only one person travelling so I'm thinking to find someone who wants a lift and spilt the ferry fare.

Anyone done this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

Have you priced landbridge through uk?

kindalen wrote: »
    Have you priced landbridge through uk?

Never heard of that, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

sozbox wrote: »
    Never heard of that, what is it?

It's the trial of the devil.

Thanks for that!

Looked into it, still prefer to travel from cork direct and see if I can find some willing passengers 😊

Does anyone know how the wrist band system works with Les Clarys Plage? We've booked through eurocamp. We have friend that were planning to visit for a couple of days while traveling through France so might need extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brillbelcli

Hi boardsies,

Curious to get feedback on visiting campsites around Nice, France around the first week of May?
    I've looked at average weather, not sure its exactly pool weather.

Anyone traveled at this time for a Europarks holiday?
    I happen to have some time off to burn, it looks nice, affordable and convenient.

Thankyou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 brillbelcli

Any ideas?

Advertisement