Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus 3 Owners

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone finding the Orzly glass screen protector not fully sitting down on the screen?
    Think it's the glue they use as mine is lifting on the left side on it's own and I had to re-seat it more than once.

Have another so will try that but bummed as it looked like it fitted so well at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Anybody have an issue with the launcher where it disappears and you can't get back into it without a restart? It happened a few times to me so I switched over to Nova Prime but it's after happening to Nova as well. Basically it won't let me back to my home screen but I can still cycle through recent apps etc.

It's pretty annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

breeno wrote: »
    Anybody have an issue with the launcher where it disappears and you can't get back into it without a restart? It happened a few times to me so I switched over to Nova Prime but it's after happening to Nova as well. Basically it won't let me back to my home screen but I can still cycle through recent apps etc.

It's pretty annoying.

As yet no problem with the Google Now launcher. tongue.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If changing up the functionality of the profile slider to be ring --> vibrate --> silent sounds like something you'd wanna do, instructions can be found below :)

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/alert-slider-ring-vibrate-silent.455587/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

god's toy wrote: »
    Anyone finding the Orzly glass screen protector not fully sitting down on the screen?
    Think it's the glue they use as mine is lifting on the left side on it's own and I had to re-seat it more than once.

Have another so will try that but bummed as it looked like it fitted so well at the start.

I just put mine on there and I think the otterbox might get to it after a while. My dbrand should he here soon though so that should mean I can go back to a less heavy case most of the time.

I just put mine on there and I think the otterbox might get to it after a while. My dbrand should he here soon though so that should mean I can go back to a less heavy case most of the time.

Let us know how you get on k ?

Yep I think your right, as the protector sits a little too close to the edge so the Otterbox may be clamping it in day to day use pushing it up.

First one only lasted a week or so.... Gonna use my 2nd and be hunting more types as it's disappointing I cant use the Orzly and Otterbox combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

god's toy wrote:
    First one only lasted a week or so.... Gonna use my 2nd and be hunting more types as it's disappointing I cant use the Orzly and Otterbox combined.

Very same happened me. Had to lose the screen protector as my clear Orzly case was pushing the screen protector up off the screen. Disappointed because it had looked ideal when it went on in the first place!

Which orzly clear case was that? I ordered the fusion bumper case this morning to try out. I found the black apricot one plus case was catching the screen protector a little too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Moollerice

Noticing one or two glitches but over all very impressed with the phone. Great value.

Have people noticed that if you press the power button to just view notifications/time, the screen won't turn off unless you press the power button again. Could be just me. Small annoyance but one nonetheless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/4teq1j/how_to_enable_battery_percent_in_logo/
    How to enable Battery Percent in Logo

Missed this from my opo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/4teq1j/how_to_enable_battery_percent_in_logo/

Missed this from my opo.
    Or you can just go Settings => Battery => Tap battery symbol in top right

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

28064212 wrote: »

That doesnt work to allow % inside circle as the above does.

28064212 wrote: »

This has the battery % inside the circle.

Was standard on opo's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Missed this from my opo.

Nice one that's handy!

god's toy wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on k ?

Yep I think your right, as the protector sits a little too close to the edge so the Otterbox may be clamping it in day to day use pushing it up.

Looking at it this morning there appears to be an issue with one corner...so that's a day. It's the case getting in between the screen and the protector. Hopefully it doesn't her worse...

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    My Orzly shockproof case finally arrived today.

Have to say, fantastic cover. Very well made, not cheap at all. Fits perfectly. Very secure, very grippy. Still keeps the phone slim. Couldnt recommend it any higher!

Yes this is a great case, arrived this morning. Got it on Ebay £10 delivered. Takes the slippyness from the phone and I agree with everything Sugarman says.

Bottom line, I'm happy. smile.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Greenman wrote: »
    Yes this is a great case, arrived this morning. Got it on Ebay £10 delivered.

Would you mind linking to where you got it in eBay?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just went to purchase one there, and there was an issue with payment. Contacted support and was told there is an issue with the website and that it should be rectified in the next 2 days......doesn't seem great.

Just went to purchase one there, and there was an issue with payment. Contacted support and was told there is an issue with the website and that it should be rectified in the next 2 days......doesn't seem great.

Are talking about my link?

If so never ever had a payment difficulty with Ebay using PayPal.

Change browser maybe?

JD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Greenman wrote: »
    Are talking about my link?

If so never ever had a payment difficulty with Ebay using PayPal.

Change browser maybe?

JD.

No sorry Greenman, I tried to buy a Oneplus 3 from their website....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Which orzly clear case was that? I ordered the fusion bumper case this morning to try out. I found the black apricot one plus case was catching the screen protector a little too.

Hadn't been online in a few days sorry.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orzly%C2%AE-FlexiCase-Protective-Flexible-TRANSPARENT/dp/B01H27RIJE/ref=sr_1_1?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1469062165&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=orzly+oneplus+3&psc=1

Smashed the screen on the ONE plus 3. How long does the insurance take?

Ouch! How far did it fall to smash? :(

Sorry for your trouble. mad.png

Was it because it's so slippy without case or cover. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

Bought the orzly tempered glass and orzly case off ebay. bit of jigging to get them both on together right, but they will work together. great glass and case too. Really impressed with the phone so far.

Had bad luck with Orzly and Otterbox as the case was pushing the protector off.

This time I've gone for the Orzly multifunction wallet case and Orzly glass protector

You can see the nice air gap around the glass this time and as the phone sits into harder plastic it's less likely to flex as I pick it up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIcXp_g6Sw/

And

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIcfZWgQbp/

Can't say I love the case but will be leaving it there until I find a better idea.

Anyone bought spare cables?
    Looking for the type c usb to work in the car with my car charger, does not have to be dash charge, as only used to top up or when using as a sat nav
    Are the cables the same as the ones for the oneplus 2, without the dash charge, but same fittings?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Ports-Aluminum-Auto-In-Car-Charger-Type-c-USB-Sync-Data-Charging-Cable-Cord-/291806124340?var=&hash=item43f1001934:m:mZrRfiqXe0hyFlr9t4iKRcA

septicsac wrote: »
    Anyone bought spare cables?
    Looking for the type c usb to work in the car with my car charger, does not have to be dash charge, as only used to top up or when using as a sat nav
    Are the cables the same as the ones for the oneplus 2, without the dash charge, but same fittings?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Ports-Aluminum-Auto-In-Car-Charger-Type-c-USB-Sync-Data-Charging-Cable-Cord-/291806124340?var=&hash=item43f1001934:m:mZrRfiqXe0hyFlr9t4iKRcA

Yep same type (Type C) they will charge just fine but as you say, wont dash charge.

My Orzly Fusion arrived today. Whatever way I have the screen protector fitted it's a perfect fit with the tempered glass. Happy with the case, not much of a lip over the camera hump but for protection it seems much better than the otterbox otherwise.

• Advertisement

I bought the orzly case and protective glass. Tight fit together and already a piece off edge of the glass and crack developing and never dropped it. Very disappointed with it and would not recommend the glass, cover fine though

septicsac wrote: »
    I bought the orzly case and protective glass. Tight fit together and already a piece off edge of the glass and crack developing and never dropped it. Very disappointed with it and would not recommend the glass, cover fine though

I think the difference between a problem and a good fit is literally a hairs width. Pot luck if it will work or not once fitted.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orzly-Grip-Pro-Case-Cover-Shell-Protection-Armour-for-OnePlus-3-OnePlus-Three-/152130239116?nav=SEARCH
    That's the orzly case I bought and as already stated tight fit with their glass. Reckon it might be the tight fit that caused the glass defect?

Anyone recommend a good non glass protector, I clear film type?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Oxygen OS 3.2.2 had dropped. Staged rollout so will take a while to hit all devices. Some have received it using Snap VPN uk but hasn't worked for me. Some nice fixes below.

Source :
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/o...plus-3.456997/

Changelog:

* Improved notification management in doze.
    * Addressed alert slider/silent mode issue.
    * Disabled fingerprint sensor while in pocket.
    * Added NFC toggle in quick settings.
    * Improved noise cancellation in video recording.
    * Updated 4K video recording codec.
    * Added latest security patches and various optimizations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Just checked update waiting to download.

Have the orzly hybrid case answer screen protector fitted find they work perfectly was a bit fiddly to get the rubber up over the protector but happy out with it tbh not to gone on the case as have had spigens for years but will give it a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

3.2.2 downloading for me now using Snap VPN uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just ordered a One Plus 3... I presume I will be asked to download the new updates when the phone arrives...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I just ordered a One Plus 3... I presume I will be asked to download the new updates when the phone arrives...

Correct

• Advertisement

Anyone put cyanogenmod on their OP3? Having an issue with android auto where the connection keeps dropping. It's driving me nuts do in thinking I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Can someone test the all4 app and let me know if it works on the op3? Thanks

Ste- wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

DASH kernel code released by OnePlus!

Now devs can add support for DASH for their custom software :D

https://twitter.com/xdadevelopers/status/758796728611004416

marcbrophy wrote: »
    DASH kernel code released by OnePlus!

Now devs can add support for DASH for their custom software :D

https://twitter.com/xdadevelopers/status/758796728611004416

Excellent. Just installed CM13 and really liking it so far. Its similar but with more customisation. I'll see how it goes in the coming days.

Ste- wrote: »

Its been working great for me on my OnePlus 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Am using the Orzly grip Pro case with their tempered glass screen protector, fits perfectly and looks very nice. Don't bother with their flip leather wallet case it's poor.

http://orzly.com/orzly-grip-pro-case-for-oneplus-3-red.html

My phone arrived today,.... super slick phone...
    not as big as i feared, and a lot of fun..

downloading the updates it now..

I ordered the flipcase (black) from the Oneplus website... feels secure and slim...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Moollerice

I downloaded the Cover Lock Screen app from the play store, if anyone doesn't know look it up and watch their promotional video. Its a cool and very handy app imo .

Problem is is that the app doesn't seem to work with OP3. The home screen just displays a blank screen when the app is selected to use as lock screen. It jitters about a bit and then just returns to the stock OP lock screen.

Anyone with the app having this issue?...

What are peoples choice for anti-virus?

What are peoples choice for anti-virus?

You don't need one. (If you are careful about the apps you load up on and if you have to sideload… then only reputable sites like APK mirror)

• Advertisement
Advertisement