Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus 3 Owners

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

You're right - no longer seems to be an option. I guess O2 copped on!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

digitaldr wrote: »
    You're right - no longer seems to be an option. I guess O2 copped on!

Oh no. I was hoping to buy it from there. I don't want to wait 4-5 weeks for delivery from oneplus website. Anyway thank you for your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

maticm18 wrote: »
    Oh no. I was hoping to buy it from there. I don't want to wait 4-5 weeks for delivery from oneplus website. Anyway thank you for your answer.

Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

Amazon.

It's more expensive on Amazon

maticm18 wrote: »
    It's more expensive on Amazon

Then go back to the Oneplus site and accept your wait time. It won't be five weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Seriously lads, you just had a conversation about destroying the other thread with spam about deliveries. Leave this one alone.
    Sorry now I' about to add to this, but the missus just ordered me the black/graphite model - subsequently got an email to saying the lastest it'll be dispatched 8 November - but reading this thread, nice to see some phones came earlier, useful for me anyway!

moving back on topic, moving from iOS to Android for the first time with this phone, had originally ordered a Note 7 on Contract, but that went "up in smoke".

Apart from Dash charge, are they any hidden cool features that OnePlus 3 offers? EG the Note 7 has some cool features that the sPen offered like screen capture etc.. didn't seem to be on other Android device (afaik)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone experiencing poor wifi signal on your OP3?
    Noticed a couple of weeks ago at work that my signal was pretty poor. Compared it to my iPhone 6S and sure enough the iPhone was showing full bars of signal whereas the OP3 was showing half. Didn't give it too much thought at the time, but it cropped up again last night.
    Phone on bedside locker and tried to play music from Spotify. Again signal was about half way - and the music kept cutting off etc obviously because of weak wifi signal. Tried on the iPhone - same locker, connected to the same router, and no such problems streaming music on Spotify.

Wondering if it's possibly a software or hardware issue - or just a crap wifi radio in the phone.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Haven't noticed anything myself. Routers I find are always a bit flaky. You could try seeing if you could changed the channel, or even band on the router, to one that's less occupied?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

WLAN has been rock solid on mine since i got it, much better than my OPO actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Any phones I've had in recent years that received a major software update has nearly always been more trouble than they were worth. Everything from worse battery to decreased functionality. I really hope when op3 gets nougat its not the same but I doubt it.

on the flip side any updates ive had from phones havent had those issues.

Im firmly of the believe that apps that people thought they made inactive come back online after a major release and start killing battery.

People need to keep their devices tidy, but dont.

Installing any old ballax on it is bound to cause issues

• Advertisement

My WiFi is working jusssst fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

possibly SIRO (basically gigabit broadband FTTH)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

My WiFi is working jusssst fine.

Do you live IN the internet..? :)

Patww79 wrote: »

You need a better router so, should be getting a lot more via WLAN on a 100Mb connection. He is probably using SIRO:

http://siro.ie/

Orange España actually :)

300 MB fibre. Would love to test the wired connection but it's running a Fire TV on a DNS proxy so I only get about half the speed on it.

Anyway, I've never had any issues with my WiFi across four OnePlus devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

My wifi speeds are fine - what i'm talking about really is my wifi strength/signal on the phone. So for instance both phones side by side - a bit away from the router - the iPhone always has a better signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I haven't had any issues with wifi so far. I did have an issue with music, the sound muted by itself, but the volume wasn't actually muted. Not sure what it was. I don't listen to music with earphones that often so I'll try it again a few times and hope it doesn't happen again.
    I bought an Orzly case (dual protection). So far so good. Initially I felt it was a bit thicker than I was hoping for but it does add protection and gives good grip so I'm happy with it. I'll probably buy a new screen protector to replace the preapplied one too.
    So far I'm really liking this phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

looking into this before I was going to buy I seen this

https://youtu.be/b4LCniRzfII?t=290 might be related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Mr Velo wrote: »
    My wifi speeds are fine - what i'm talking about really is my wifi strength/signal on the phone. So for instance both phones side by side - a bit away from the router - the iPhone always has a better signal.

Could just be down to the different modems in each phone?

I imagine he's connected to a 2.4ghz connection on the OP3 and a 5ghz on the S7 edge. I posted my speedtest result from my OP3 earlier and was getting 200 up and 270 down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Was thinking of getting the OP3 a while back but went off the idea cos of the price. Hows everyone finding theirs, how performance? Any issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting the OP3 a while back but went off the idea cos of the price. Hows everyone finding theirs, how performance? Any issues?

Mine is still perfect! Not a SINGLE issue. (had modem problem on day one but nice coders on OP side pushed a fix my way) Thing is still rocket fast and never gets warm in day to day use. 100% recommended!

If I could change one thing tho it would be an LCD screen over the AMOLED, not cos it's bad or anything, it's just being amoled means I can't use the phone for satnav and other long screen on things without the fear of screen burn setting in. (I would be a 20 hr screen on time, a week user)

I hear talk of a super OP3 that will use LCD for the first production run so I would have upgraded to that only that I just bought another phone just for satnav.

god's toy wrote:
    If I could change one thing tho it would be an LCD screen over the AMOLED, not cos it's bad or anything, it's just being amoled means I can't use the phone for satnav and other long screen on things without the fear of screen burn setting in. (I would be a 20 hr screen on time, a week user)

Thanks for your I reply. Should I wait until a possible LCD screen dya think?

Thanks for your I reply. Should I wait until a possible LCD screen dya think?

Yep if your concerned about the problem of screenburn than yea, I only know of a very few amoled screens that have not had the issue after extended on time.

The story is that Oneplus are selling so many OP3's they don't have enough amoleds ready so for the first batch they will use lcd's and just re-tune them to look like amoleds. as I said if I had the choice from the start I would have picked LCD.

god's toy wrote:
    The story is that Oneplus are selling so many OP3's they don't have enough amoleds ready so for the first batch they will use lcd's and just re-tune them to look like amoleds. as I said if I had the choice from the start I would have picked LCD.

So they are selling the LCDs now instead of amoled?

So they are selling the LCDs now instead of amoled?

If the story of the new updated OP3 + is to be believed. No official word yet but the chatter on the net is first run will be LCD then back to amoled.

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote:
    If the story of the new updated OP3 + is to be believed. No official word yet but the chatter on the net is first run will be LCD then back to amoled.

Ah OK. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Hi,
    Anybody on here using the tesco mobile on their oneplus three? Currently own a oneplus one and the reception is lacking.....
    Also is the Bluetooth good/working?

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anybody on here using the tesco mobile on their oneplus three? Currently own a oneplus one and the reception is lacking.....
    Also is the Bluetooth good/working?

The reception is up to your provider/SIM, not the phone. Bluetooth is working without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep if your concerned about the problem of screenburn than yea, I only know of a very few amoled screens that have not had the issue after extended on time.

Would having an LCD screen impact on Battery life?
    How long are you getting out of the battery these days (as opposed to first use)?

micknail wrote: »
    Would having an LCD screen impact on Battery life?
    How long are you getting out of the battery these days (as opposed to first use)?

In short, I'd say on average about 4/5 hrs. Nothing much has changed battery wise for me... thats a good thing. You can get a little more or less depending on ROM versions and the like but that's a different story.

Some background for anyone wanting to know the screen tech:

With Amoled screens, to save battery it simply comes down to how much black you have on screen, so on the OP3, using the black theme (in settings) and dark wallpapers and 'dark mode' on apps like twitter and others all help keep your battery happy. You can even have bright white text with a dark/black background and still save battery as the majority of your screen is unlit. (off) Amoleds contrast levels are fantastic and having amazing deep blacks makes video watching so much better looking than LCD, plus most people enjoy the punchy colours of a amoleds.
    It's not all good news however as amoleds have had issues with screen burn for years now... (In short, having them on high brightness for an extended time is not recommended as it can burn phosphor dots into your screen and they will show up as darkened parts of your screen) it's something they have yet to fully fix in amoled tech.

With LCD tech, saving battery simply comes down to how bright you have the screen, have it too bright and it kills your battery in no time regardless of how much black you have as the the backlights are still pushing maximum brightness and those nice blacks then start to turn a charcoal gray... However, LCD's can look better in direct sunlight.

Both screen types have advantages and disadvantages but in the end (until they sort the Amoled burn problem) LCD is still a better tech. (IMO) And I am an amoled nut! I wish everyone used them as they look fantastic! (when properly tuned )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Just out of curiosity are people here using the on screen navigation buttons or the capacitive ones?

I've always used on screen ones but I'm trying out the capacitive ones and finding the switch a lot easier than I had though and the extra (albeit tiny!) real estate is good to have too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

NikoTopps wrote:
    Just out of curiosity are people here using the on screen navigation buttons or the capacitive ones?

Capacitive ones for me, if I have to use a physical home button I may aswel use the capacitive buttons too. I also just like the cleaner look, rather than having the on screen nav bar there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone notice a change in the stock messenger after the last update.

Press and hold the arrow to switch to mms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

has anybody had to send their one plus 3 off to be repaired? If so how long did it take and how much did it cost? thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

my fix is to set the sensor to do nothing after any amount of time of inaction, which is a pity, as I'd like to use that feature, but only at certain times.

Anybody gonna buy the oneplus 3t??

Redriddick wrote: »
    Anybody gonna buy the oneplus 3t??

No plans anyways. Different (worse?!) screen and a slightly better processor, all for an extra €80 (rumoured).

No thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

Hopefully the existing oneplus 3 may have a price drop when the 3T is released!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd imagine that the 3T replaces the 3, probably because they can't source the parts for the 3 anymore, such is the lack of stock :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wonder when it'll be released, 821 confirmed, new camera sensor rumoured. If it came with a larger battery and 128gb storage too I'd be tempted if its just the 821 and a new camera sensor for an extra 80 they can piss off imo.

https://twitter.com/Qualcomm/status/795677902117502976

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Frick!!
    I just purchased the 3 last week.
    In two minds should I cancel it.
    1. More than likely the 3 will be somewhat cheaper
    2. with an extra ~80 quid I could get a better spec’ed phone

Rumour has it its going to be released on the 14th …

I doubt the 3 will be reduced and if its only a new camera sensor and cpu I wouldn't bother paying the extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

xtal191 wrote:
    Wonder when it'll be released, 821 confirmed, new camera sensor rumoured. If it came with a larger battery and 128gb storage too I'd be tempted if its just the 821 and a new camera sensor for an extra 80 they can piss off imo.

Reports the battery will be 3300mah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

I think I will hold out until Monday to see what the specs are and what price??

Have to say, I bought the OP3 two weeks after launch and I'm a bit pissed off that they will be having another "main flagship" phone so soon after launching this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Oneplus back to what they do best...cheesing off customers :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement