Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus 3 Owners

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

cancelled my order ... just going to wait and see what the craic is next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I'm still waiting to buy another OP3 and they're still out of stock...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm still waiting to buy another OP3 and they're still out of stock...

Doesn't look they'll be coming back into stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Be cool if they just updated the cpu but kept the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

thomasj wrote: »
    Reports the battery will be 3300mah

There is the sum total of zero chance the battery will be bigger. The body will be the same.

This phone will have an 821. Might be something else. But that's it.

And it won't be 128gb for 80.euro.

Rumours be rumouring

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Doesn't look they'll be coming back into stock.

I hope not, when you try to buy one it says out of stock but offers to notify you when they become available again. I was hoping to give one as a Christmas present...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

davo2001 wrote:
    Have to say, I bought the OP3 two weeks after launch and I'm a bit pissed off that they will be having another "main flagship" phone so soon after launching this one.

I'm in the same boat, I ordered the day after launch thinking this would be their flagship for at least another year, now the resell value of the original OP3 will most likely drop and be somewhat outdated spec wise, it has me a bit pissed off because if I knew this was gonna happened I would have waited, if OnePlus offered a trade-in deal of the Original + €80 (or whatever the difference is of the new one) I'd be happy to do that but if not I'll be on to Customer service to let them know how I feel 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

DanC90 wrote: »
    davo2001 wrote:
    Have to say, I bought the OP3 two weeks after launch and I'm a bit pissed off that they will be having another "main flagship" phone so soon after launching this one.

I'm in the same boat, I ordered the day after launch thinking this would be their flagship for at least another year, now the resell value of the original OP3 will most likely drop and be somewhat outdated spec wise, it has me a bit pissed off because if I knew this was gonna happened I would have waited, if OnePlus offered a trade-in deal of the Original + 80 (or whatever the difference is of the new one) I'd be happy to do that but if not I'll be on to Customer service to let them know how I feel
    And you know what..... they won't give a toss! Poor form really.

Not sure what all the fuss is about, this happens all the time with devices like these, look at Apple iPhones.
    I'm happy with my phone and will be for a long time to come regardless of how many more models they bring out since I bought it.
    I'd happily buy another one right now if I could get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

When did apple release a new phone after 5 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

xtal191 wrote: »
    When did apple release a new phone after 5 months?

iPhone SE April 2016. iPhone 7 September 2016.:cool:

Two different phones to be fair.. just saying really..:p

I thought the OP3T was down to the lack of available part for the OP3.. so if they can't produce the OP3, this is the best alternative, for an extra price..

That or we could be heading towards a trend of new models every 6 months (or some sub 1 year mark).

Same logic is happening with gaming console lifecycles (EG:Ps4 Pro) while its not a major generation update, its more of a "improvement" worth going for if you haven't got the current model yet, but maybe not worth upgrading for yet if you own the original model..

I've only ordered the OP3 last month, it's only being delivered as we speak, but I'm not too bothered about the OP3T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

Lads, I've been requested to order one of these as a Christmas present. I'm assuming stock is gone, and if it's an extra 80 for the T I'm out. Plus demand would be extra hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

emo72 wrote: »
    Lads, I've been requested to order one of these as a Christmas present. I'm assuming stock is gone, and if it's an extra 80 for the T I'm out. Plus demand would be extra hassle

I have one coming that was posted today but want the 3t, you can have it at cost price if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

dinnybyrne wrote:
    I have one coming that was posted today but want the 3t, you can have it at cost price if you like.

Why dya want the 3t now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Because its a better phone(slightly) and iv waited this long what's another few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

DanC90 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, I ordered the day after launch thinking this would be their flagship for at least another year, now the resell value of the original OP3 will most likely drop and be somewhat outdated spec wise, it has me a bit pissed off because if I knew this was gonna happened I would have waited, if OnePlus offered a trade-in deal of the Original + €80 (or whatever the difference is of the new one) I'd be happy to do that but if not I'll be on to Customer service to let them know how I feel 😛

Guaranteed resale value will not drop
    What's it 40/80 quid extra for what?
    Same phone, same development with all the op3s in the wild.
    And people will baulk at extra for this op3t, therefore op3 value 2nd hand well kept will remain the same.
    Sub 400 new was the selling point imo.
    Might put mine up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

any good case suggestions from amazon? not like decorative ones ones that will actually protect the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

D14Rugby wrote: »
    any good case suggestions from amazon? not like decorative ones ones that will actually protect the phone

Spigen is the best one imo looks great protects great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

listermint wrote: »

how about this one spigen is out of stock
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HITC2O2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3K0VJI1009XMV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

There is the sum total of zero chance the battery will be bigger. The body will be the same.

This phone will have an 821. Might be something else. But that's it.

And it won't be 128gb for 80.euro.

Rumours be rumouring

3400mAh as per their website.

• Advertisement

You don't want to get one that makes it too big, I have the neat Spigen, her indoors has an Otterbox on her OP2 but the Spigen looks a lot better, shop around, you might find one elsewhere.

how about this one spigen is out of stock
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HITC2O2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3K0VJI1009XMV
    This is the one i have and it's fantastic. Good protection and not too bulky.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OnePlus-Spigen®-Resilient-Ultimate-protection-Rugged-Armor-Black/dp/B01H3PEWDK/ref=pd_cp_107_0

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MarkR wrote: »

Nillkin are whopper. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Have a tudia one I got from Amazon and love it good protection and soft feel so easy to keep a hold of

https://www.amazon.com/OnePlus-TUDIA-Slim-Fit-EXTREME-Protection/dp/B01H0EA1WU

Have had spigen for years on multiple devices but this fits over my screen protector holding it on snugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just had an incremental update pushed. No idea what's included.

Just had an incremental update pushed. No idea what's included.
    I reckon its 3.2.8

[font=Lato, "helvetica neue", helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here are some highlights:[/font]
    [*]Added 1080P 60FPS video recording
      [font=Lato, "helvetica neue", helvetica, arial, sans-serif][*]Added emergency calling for India (Triple press of power button to trigger)
      [*]Optimization of Snapchat, fixed video calling and scrolling lags
      [*]Increased system stability
      [*]General bug fixes
      [/font]

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

New Nougat Community Build available. Details below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/how-to/rom-community-build-3-5-5-t3490939

I would suggest installing the latest twrp
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cbxd68wrmccoun/twrp-3.0.2-1.28-oneplus3.img?dl=0

And latest supersu, as it doesn't detect sim cards with the old supersu for some reason.
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y4zw4lqtjico8d/SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip?dl=0

Going back to Marshmallow after is difficult, requiring a call to customer service (I'm guessing it's a file system change issue)

Seems to work fine.

Impressed by how smooth it's working so far given that it's the first beta on 7.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Mr Velo wrote: »
      Impressed by how smooth it's working so far given that it's the first beta on 7.0

Apparently they have scaled oxygen os right back for the first beta which is probably why it's so stable and smooth

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Lads and lassies, the glass of the front camera is smashed... the toddler dropped it on the corner of a table.. right in the wrong place...

whats the best thing to do... I checked the OnePlus website, but I can´t see the link for sending it back for fixing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I'm expecting delivery this week. Can anyone recommend a method to transfer from my S6 to the oneplus? The most important item are my whatsapp conversations followed by my music. There are all sorts of wonderful programs out there promising the sun moon and stars so long as I pay for the full version. I don't mind buying a program if it does what it promises. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Whatsapp has its own back up in settings anyway, be sure to back it up to Google drive, when you install whatsapp on the new phone you'll get a prompt to restore from the drive backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Check in Google Drive that you backed up correctly. For some reason mine didnt even after going into the settings and making sure it was set up properly.

Thanks for that guys I'll check that out. Any tips for moving text messages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

jca wrote: »
      Thanks for that guys I'll check that out. Any tips for moving text messages?

Sms back up +, backs up all your texts to Gmail, install the app and restore on the new phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Think I'm gonna order this case

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H3PEWDK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ABBG8QJ4C4M75

Question for anyone that has the above, what tempered screen protector do you use with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Give me a shout if anyone looking for a Oneplus 3T 128gb model.

I ordered one which was saying delivery by 5th Jan. Ordered another one which was saying immediate delivery. Thought I will cancel one.

Somehow they shipped both of them at the same day. They are scheduled for delivery on 8th.

So anyone looking for one at cost price...... PM.

sentient_6 wrote: »
      Sms back up +, backs up all your texts to Gmail, install the app and restore on the new phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

Many thanks I have texts backed up. Looking forward to the new phone.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

xtal191 wrote: »
      Think I'm gonna order this case

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H3PEWDK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ABBG8QJ4C4M75

Question for anyone that has the above, what tempered screen protector do you use with it?

I have the spigen neo hybrid working perfectly with the orzly curved glass protector.

Advertisement