Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Loan

Options
  • 14-07-2016 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, i recently applied for a Car loan with Bank of Ireland.  I need to let the car garage know if the purchase is going ahead but was wondering do i need to call the back or how long does it take for them to reply re applications.  I spoke with them on Monday to confirm some details & they advised they would be sending my application to the underwriters then.  
    Do you get a text message if loans are only approved or do you get them if they are not approved also?  I just need to know either way so i can finalise the sale if it's going ahead,  Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Wiffles wrote: »
    Hi, i recently applied for a Car loan with Bank of Ireland.  I need to let the car garage know if the purchase is going ahead but was wondering do i need to call the back or how long does it take for them to reply re applications.  I spoke with them on Monday to confirm some details & they advised they would be sending my application to the underwriters then.  
    Do you get a text message if loans are only approved or do you get them if they are not approved also?  I just need to know either way so i can finalise the sale if it's going ahead,  Thank you.
    Hi Wiffles,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards today.

Generally once you have applied for a loan you will receive an update within 48hrs. If you would like to contact the Lending Team on 0818200334 one of my colleagues will be happy to provide you with an update on your application.

Best of luck with your new car and if we can help with anything else please let us know.

Have a good day.

Helen

Advertisement