Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another shop gone in Celbridge

Options
  • 14-07-2016 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

I see Hynes shop (formerly Damiens) on the main street has closed.
    Most probably competition from the 'new' supervalu across the bridge.
    Also people won't pay for parking to do their shopping.
    Thats three business's that have closed recently on the main street.
    Is there anything that can be done to stop the decline?
    Hopefully it doesn't end up like Leixlip main street, which is like a ghost town these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Yeah, sorry to see that. Walked by there last Friday and staff were taking photos outside with each other, sad to see it gone. It was an ideal location as the only other newsagent in the village is at the oppoiste end of the main street. It makes sense that Super Valu probably lead to it's decline and the pay parking situation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Yeah, sorry to see that. Walked by there last Friday and staff were taking photos outside with each other, sad to see it gone. It was an ideal location as the only other newsagent in the village is at the oppoiste end of the main street. It makes sense that Super Valu probably lead to it's decline and the pay parking situation :(

I wouldn't blame the pay parking situation because without pay parking it would be very difficult to get parking on the Main St.

I agree that SuperValu was probably the last straw.

Advertisement