Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Classic Mini

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nobody give Smyths €65. They need to learn or else just die. It's £50 on their UK site. That's about €55. No excuse for €10 more. They need to give back on the exchange rate. I guarantee if it was the other way around they'd hammer us. Even before the fluctuation it would be less than €60.

Shopto are selling it for £48. Then use Parcel Motel or AddressPal for delivery.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUHW113-nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system-includes-30-classic-nes-games

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Smyths will probably argue the case that the rates / overheads they have to pay in their ROI stores are higher than what they incur in the UK though.
    I do take your point re the exchange rate- Bank Of Ireland were selling Euro to Sterling @ 0.88 this morning
    sligeach wrote: »
    Nobody give Smyths €65. They need to learn or else just die. It's £50 on their UK site. That's about €55. No excuse for €10 more. They need to give back on the exchange rate. I guarantee if it was the other way around they'd hammer us. Even before the fluctuation it would be less than €60.

Shopto are selling it for £48. Then use Parcel Motel or AddressPal for delivery.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUHW113-nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system-includes-30-classic-nes-games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Patww79 wrote: »

Children aren't the only ones who receive Christmas presents. I know i'd love one (i'm 32) and have one on order but i'm giving it to my brother for Christmas (he's 28).

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

'Nostalgia ain't what it used to be' as the fella once said

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Chances are the consoles are coming from a EU based distribution system, and as a result it's the UK that'll wind up paying more, as their currency slides around the toilet bowl.
    Irish prices for the Nes Classic Mini are running around those typical in Europe, with Micromart in France quoting €59.99 for the device, and that seems slap bang in the middle of most prices, aside from the UK, where the weak pound continues to play havoc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to have to drop some heavy hints for this and a Mega Yoshi Amiibo as my pressie.
    Otherwise it's going to be aftershave and socks again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Depends on the age of the child.

My two (aged 2.5 and 5) have occasional access to my Xbox One and to my Wii U. Wii U is, by a country mile, the one that they want.

SM3D World is the game of choice, followed by Super Mario Maker etc. Super Mario Maker seems to make them more open to retro stuff and they play the retro games via VC as well.

I was watching the video sligeach posted on my computer and the toddler was hanging off me. "Daddy c'est Mario. C'est Mario"!

They'd be damned impressed with this for Christmas.

So, yeah. I'll buy it. For the kids, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    I think I'll preorder too. This thing will be a bitch to get before Christmas.

FYI I tried my local Smyths and Gamestop for preordering.

Smyths have allocated all units from their preorder allowance.

Gamestop said they maxed out their preorders months ago. They expect a second wave of units in November after the launch, but that's not confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Otherwise it's going to be aftershave and socks again :(

Look, if you don't want either you have to be very firm with your other half. On Christmas morning, you open that present, calmly look them in the eye and thank them sincerely, then (with them, the kids, the in-laws watching) rip your jocks off, tear out all your pubic hair, slap the sock over your lad and some aftershave round the edges and prance around the room pretending to be Paco the smelly elephant. It won't happen again.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Look, if you don't want either you have to be very firm with your other half. On Christmas morning, you open that present, calmly look them in the eye and thank them sincerely, then (with them, the kids, the in-laws watching) rip your jocks off, tear out all your pubic hair, slap the sock over your lad and some aftershave round the edges and prance around the room pretending to be Paco the smelly elephant. It won't happen again.

I'm sensing a family trauma Banjo....
    Here's a link, see if it'll help
    Psychology Forum

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm sensing a family trauma Banjo....
    Here's a link, see if it'll help
    Psychology Forum
    CulFFghWIAAUt93.jpg:small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Damn I've missed the Smyths pre-order. Anyone know anywhere else to pre-order?

Synode wrote: »
    Damn I've missed the Smyths pre-order. Anyone know anywhere else to pre-order?

I posted this before. At this stage, your best bet is here:

Use Parcel Motel or AddressPal for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Only argos will save us now where stock for this is concerned but ironically they will gouge on the price thereby not saving us at the all in the long run but desperate times et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I posted this before. At this stage, your best bet is here:

Use Parcel Motel or AddressPal for postage.

I'm trying to order this for the missus, could you elaborate on Parcel Motel or Addresspal I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

I've pre ordered it, but I don't see where I have the option of how to use those sites you mentioned, it's seemingly given me 3 delivery options...£40.62 Postal Service with tracking, £35.16 Postal service no tracking, £11.63 DPD international!

They seem extortionate bar the last one, what kind of price on the ones you mention!?!

Any help, much appreciated, thanks.

I'm trying to order this for the missus, could you elaborate on Parcel Motel or Addresspal I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

I've pre ordered it, but I don't see where I have the option of how to use those sites you mentioned, it's seemingly given me 3 delivery options...£40.62 Postal Service with tracking, £35.16 Postal service no tracking, £11.63 DPD international!

They seem extortionate bar the last one, what kind of price on the ones you mention!?!

Any help, much appreciated, thanks.

Register either here:

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

or

http://www.parcelmotel.com/

It's free, they'll give you a UK address for your packages to be sent to and they then forward them on to Ireland either for collection at a post office or a Parcel Motel depot. AddressPal is €3.50 per delivery and ParcelMotel charge €4. They each have their benefits. Choose which ever service suits you best.

So when you order online, enter the UK address that you're given which usually qualifies for free UK delivery instead of the more expensive options to Ireland. It's also good for sites that don't deliver to Ireland. The above sites will explain in detail how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Register either here:

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

or

http://www.parcelmotel.com/

It's free, they'll give you a UK address for your packages to be sent to and they then forward them on to Ireland either for collection at a post office or a Parcel Motel depot. AddressPal is €3.50 per delivery and ParcelMotel charge €4. They each have their benefits. Choose which ever service suits you best.

So when you order online, enter the UK address that you're given which usually qualifies for free UK delivery instead of the more expensive options to Ireland. It's also good for sites that don't deliver to Ireland. The above sites will explain in detail how it works.

Thanks that looks excellent, but I think there is a spanner in the works, it says on that shopTo site that the first two orders must be delivered to the address that my card is registered to, they have me by the balls now, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I forgot about argos and not doing pre orders. Will they definitely be selling it though?

Not a fan of shopto personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I forgot about argos and not doing pre orders. Will they definitely be selling it though?

Not a fan of shopto personally.

Hope so as it's where I am hoping to get it on account of Smyth's being out of reservations and the sloppy game shop being off limits to me.

• Advertisement

Thanks that looks excellent, but I think there is a spanner in the works, it says on that shopTo site that the first two orders must be delivered to the address that my card is registered to, they have me by the balls now, right?

I never had that problem with them as I just order games. I've never bought hardware from them. Shopto are a very reliable site though their postage rates are higher than other sites. I don't know how you'll work around the credit card issue though unless you buy 2 games separately from them before the NES Classic Mini comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

By the way, is the 60hz or 50hz?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    By the way, is the 60hz or 50hz?

60Hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

So, Shopto are sold out. Anyone know where else one might get one in time for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll be chancing Argos the day before release to see if I can reserve one.

Gamestop told me that they are expecting a second wave later in November (after release).

Symths and Gamestop and Game are guaranteeing delivery by christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No pre-orders but it is in their Christmas gift guide, pg 185 released Nov 11th for €59.99.

Code is 576/2020

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    No pre-orders but it is in their Christmas gift guide, pg 185 released Nov 11th for €59.99.

Code is 576/2020

Bless you kind sir :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone seen the controller for preorder, it seems to be sold out in most places online.

• Advertisement

NES Classic Edition UNBOXING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tge1sHXHqps

Wait for it! Wait for it! Guess how many gold coins do you get for spending €60 on this?
    Gold? You must be joking? You'll get 300 platinum coins and be grateful. :(
    Xenji wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the controller for preorder, it seems to be sold out in most places online.

Coolshop have it for preorder at £14.95 but are expecting them on February 10th 2017. :eek:

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/nintendo-classic-mini-nes-controller/AG7E2Z

Can't find anywhere else. You can always use a Wii Classic controller/Pro and then you don't have to deal with the short lead on the NES one.

Edit: IMPORTANT! I went looking for a European unboxing to confirm what we already knew. The European NES Classic Mini doesn't come with a plug. Also, we don't get that big NES poster either. IMPORTANT!

NINTENDO CLASSIC MINI UNBOXING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNlIPczvsIw

Advertisement