Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Classic Mini

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CwRPm6MWYAMLX5H.jpg:large

Left is the original controller, right is the new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ya, people thought it was 3 foot long, now it turns out it's even shorter at 2 and 1/2 foot. Nintendo really do pinch the pennies and another device shipped with no plug. It's stupid and stingy. I'm going to use a Wii Controller Pro. It's still awkward though as you've to get up and press the buttons on the console to change or reset games.

Edit: Hang on, I just remembered something so I went and took out my Classic Controller Pro and that lead is just as short. Well slightly longer at ~36 inches(3 foot). Damn it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwRPm6MWYAMLX5H.jpg:large

Left is the original controller, right is the new one.

2035483.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Are the ports on the Classic Mini compatible with old Nes Joypads?

room_149 wrote: »
    Are the ports on the Classic Mini compatible with old Nes Joypads?

No. They have the same connection as on the end of a Wii nunchuk or a Wii classic controller.
    Xenji wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the controller for preorder, it seems to be sold out in most places online.

Found one other place.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system-controller-only-at-game-1464433#preorder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

The length of that controller cable is an absolute joke

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might I suggest a longer HDMI cable?
    Seeing as this is not an under the tv kinda device.
    And, to all the whiners, probably you don't own a Famicom.
    Now there is some short short cables, cables that are built into the console.

A Wii Remote extension cable might help
    http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/wiimote_extension/index.php

Remember the mid 1980's when you could buy a can of coke, a packet of crisps, an HB ice-cream(take your pick) and a Marathon bar for less than a Pound? Now you'd be lucky to see change from €3. And with the exception of the can everything else is smaller for more money. Nintendo are just moving with the times. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyedge.ie/sweets-nostalgia-ireland-675151-Nov2012/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

Nintendo Wee.

One big jerk during gameplay and that console is going flying through the air.

Prices have gone up, but also inflation and ****. You used to be able to get a pint for a shilling (5 pence), etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cheers, got it there, also Amazon e-mailed me just there saying I will have the Mini next Friday, glad I pre ordered straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

Right, I'm late to the party

And even though I'm baffled with the length of the cable I'm planning on getting one of these

Seems nowhere is taking pre-orders. Or all ore orders are allocated

Does anyone know if Argos will stock these on release date?

And can anyone link me to a compatible plug and extension cable on amazon

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

R.F. wrote: »
    And even though I'm baffled with the length of the cable

aye.. but...
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »

if what CiDeRmAn suggests is valid, this is the answer to the only downside of this (otherwise fantastic) device?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been debating for a while whether or not to cancel my Amazon pre-order. But now having seen the controller cable length confirmed I think I will cancel. I just can't see a way in which it will work comfortably in my setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I've been debating for a while whether or not to cancel my Amazon pre-order. But now having seen the controller cable length confirmed I think I will cancel. I just can't see a way in which it will work comfortably in my setup.

Can Amazon pre-orders be transferred to other people? I think this is sold out, might be other people on here that would like it?

NES Classic Edition Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hoPmItkaL4
    NES CLASSIC EDITION TECH SPECS PUT IT ABOVE 3DS, WII IN SOME WAYS

Smarter people have looked at the NES Classic Edition innards and deciphered just what's tucked away inside the system. Believe it or not, most of these specs are above what is offered in the Wii and 3DS.

SoC: Allwinner R16 (4x Cortex A7, Mali400MP2 GPU)
    RAM: Hynix (256MB DDR3)
    Flash: Spansion 512MB NAND
    PMU: AXP223

http://gonintendo.com/stories/267964-nes-classic-edition-tech-specs-put-it-above-3ds-wii-in-some-ways

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Star_Nupa

Hi all,

I'm very late to the party. No more pre-orders on Amazon.

Are Gamestop doing pre-orders or could I just head over and hopefully pick one up on release?

Star_Nupa wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm very late to the party. No more pre-orders on Amazon.

Are Gamestop doing pre-orders or could I just head over and hopefully pick one up on release?

Gamestop pre orders are sold out.

Gamestop pre orders are sold out.

Damn.

Any hope of getting one before Christmas anywhere do you think?

• Advertisement

Damn.

You can order for the second wave from Gamestop, Symths, or Game online for guaranteed christmas delivery.

Great thanks for your help! :)

Damn.

Try Argos on launch day as they don't do pre orders.

Definitely will! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    Try Argos on launch day as they don't do pre orders.

Good idea. Might be an idea to reserve one as soon as the date changes from 16th to 17th so you can pick it up at leisure though I'd check in the days leading up in case you can reserve one beforehand. Argos' website breaks often so who knows if this would work.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Good idea. Might be an idea to reserve one as soon as the date changes from 16th to 17th so you can pick it up at leisure though I'd check in the days leading up in case you can reserve one beforehand. Argos' website breaks often so who knows if this would work.

I don't think argos will even list it till the 17th, around 7am - half 8.

edit - is it not the 11th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

November 11th is the day it is coming out (next Friday). I'll be checking Argos (a lot) on Thursday night and I'll be subscribing to this thread. :)

I'll be doing the same, but from experience with stuff argos over here doesn't list stuff till the morning of, rather than the night before. Call of duty IW wasn't on their site till this morning like.

I'll be doing the same, but from experience with stuff argos over here doesn't list stuff till the morning of, rather than the night before. Call of duty IW wasn't on their site till this morning like.

I'll be up during the night anyway. If there's a way I could reserve a few for you's, I could..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is this a limited run? I was told it would be

Advertisement