Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Classic Mini

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm dropping the lad to school before waiting to drop my car in for some work, I can pass the time by hitting Argos this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My nearest Argos opens at 9, when I've to be in work...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

robojet wrote: »
    I did read it actually.
    I just don't understand why people (including yourself) didn't pre-order it before now, if they really wanted it. That's all.

Because stuff and reasons.

I'm heading into Dublin City for 9, see what I can find!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Both new 3ds models are up now so we may get something soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sligeach wrote: »
    Right. Sorry for the delay. Just wanted to make sure I got my order in first. Gamestop are selling the NES Classic Mini Controllers for €12.99. They've free shipping for those of you who can't collect.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Platform/Games/58943/nes-mini-controller

Don't worry there's plenty left, I only ordered 1.

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=58943

In case some of you missed it earlier. The thread's moved on a good number of pages since and it was posted after 1AM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I did read it actually.
    I just don't understand why people (including yourself) didn't pre-order it before now, if they really wanted it. That's all.

Both Smyths and gamestop took very few preorders. When I tried in September both were full.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I did read it actually.

But you were, instead, suggesting people here are resellers.
    And that's just wrong and mean.

Pre ordering is fine, lots did it.
    But sometimes you don't really get interested in a device initially, I've already got a NES, Famicom and a Retron5.
    But later on, you get a little, or a lot, swept up and realise that you'd love one after all, particularly if you've a history of buying Nintendo hardware and games.

Plus, there's a bit of fun and an enhancement of being a family here, as we plot and plan picking on up or organising a reserve code for someone who can't make it to the shops in time as they are in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

A feeling is a suggestion?

Anyway, if you find it in Argos: you're welcome.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But you were, instead, suggesting people here are resellers.
    And that's just wrong and mean.

Pre ordering is fine, lots did it.
    But sometimes you don't really get interested in a device initially, I've already got a NES, Famicom and a Retron5.
    But later on, you get a little, or a lot, swept up and realise that you'd love one after all, particularly if you've a history of buying Nintendo hardware and games.

Plus, there's a bit of fun and an enhancement of being a family here, as we plot and plan picking on up or organising a reserve code for someone who can't make it to the shops in time as they are in work.

Disney might sue me but let it go its way to early for internet shenanigans, let's all get one of these today then we call go all member berry mode. Member Simons Quest, I member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

There's a gorgeous raspberry pi nes case on etsy and I know that's the sensible choice but...

I've been having this debate in my head for weeks now. :p

Would a scalper not be the first to pre order anyway? No? Ok then. Back to Argos!

8am, all nothing on the argos website...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Wonder should I go down to argos at 9am.. maybe they are getting no stock in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The only thing stopping me buying this at 9am (work next to an Argos) is the goddamn wired controller..

.. I'm all for "the feels" of a wired controller but damnit, too awkward!

EDIT: Are Currys / PC World planning on selling it? Have a €50 voucher for there.

Basq wrote: »
    EDIT: Are Currys / PC World planning on selling it? Have a €50 voucher for there.

Think they got rid of all their console stuff, so I'd doubt it tbh

• Advertisement

The only thing stopping me buying this at 9am (work next to an Argos) is the goddamn wired controller..

Don't think they even sell games any more?

I'm starting to think Argos won't have it in stock today. I don't want to go in to town on what could be a wasted wild goose chase when it mightn't even be there in the first place. I was thinking I'd buy it today and play it then sell on the one from Zavvi(at face value) or give it as a Christmas present whenever it arrives next week.

I seem to recall with GTA 5 on PS4 the listing didn't go up till past 9? So I'm not too worried yet.

Don't think so. I checked places like there, Power City and Harvey Norman yesterday for a listing and found nothing.

Argos delivery could be late is all I think maybe they might have it but it's just not on the system yet, if you're up these please save us Superman. I'm off to get my eyes seen to, fun times.

• Advertisement

I'll check Argos in store at 9am if people want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emo7

Keep the faith people 😂

I'm gonna start at the ilac Argos, Jervis, then Stephens Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Star_Nupa

You could go to one and get them to check the stock in the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

I'll check Argos in store at 9am if people want.

Thanks Basq, that would be great if you could!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does anyone in Dublin/Dun Laoghaire want to get me one and I'll give them the money? :D

I believe 100% that Argos have these in-store, they just want instant sales instead of risky reservations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I believe 100% that Argos have these in-store, they just want instant sales instead of risky reservations.

They'll sell them regardless of risky reservation - the reservations expire after 48 hours or so and they'll be snapped up then.

They could be doing that but I doubt it. Nearly sure reservations last for 2 full working days before being cancelled.

Well it's nearly opening time so we'll see in 20 minutes.

• Advertisement

Listen, best of luck today. I'm on the fence myself, but if you're really excited to find it, then I hope you do.

Littlewoods Ireland sold out, Game Belfast just said that they didn't go through all of their delivery stock yet.

Just outside Argos myself, here in Swords, fingers crossed. I've a feeling they won't have it on system yet.
    I'll report if they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Just outside Argos myself, here in Swords, fingers crossed. I've a feeling they won't have it on system yet.
    I'll report if they do.

Many others queuing this morning there?

Keedowah wrote: »
    Many others queuing this morning there?

One lad behind me...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Boysey

Few people waiting outside Argos Jervis St... I'm eyeing them all suspiciously 😒

I'm heading to ilac Argos in a blue coat if any boardsies are around!

Balls.. Sligo store ain't open til 9.30 I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Guys! Save yourselves the panic. Just buy one here:

http://www.thegamecollection.net/nintendo-classic-mini-nes.html

It'll only cost you £99.90 and you'll have to wait for the second shipment. :mad:

None in stock anywhere in any Argos stores until 25th of November.
    Bugger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

ah crud.

Ilac just told me 'they're in Argos extra'

There yous go. Disappointing but kind of expected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

None in stock at argos

• Advertisement

They just checked the computer in front of me
    It said No.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I've sent the misses off to collect something else in Argos this morning so will let you know if they have it (it's an Extra store).

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

It said No.

computer says no :(

It said No.
    BKFJuj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emo7