Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Classic Mini

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Picked mine up today thanks to Surrealname. Probably won't get a chance to play till the weekend. Can't wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 BigBulldog

Have a code for waterford argos. Needs to be collected today.

Won't be near my phone for the day

Code is 225686 if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

What's the chance of argos stores still having any of these in stock,nearest argos is 20 miles from me and can't check on checkargos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very nice of him altogether. €200.........'Classic Mini is being sold as standard for this price. Upgrade is a gift for buying the console'

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nes-nintendo-classic-mini-650-games-boxed-mint/12481827

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

Has anyone tried running their mini through the switch USB?

Was almost at the end of world 1 of mario 3 and mine powered off and would not go back on again

It's no biggie I can just stick it into my ps4 or buy a plug. and Ive not tested either yet. Just wondering if anyone else had tried

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

R.F. wrote: »
    Has anyone tried running their mini through the switch USB?

Was almost at the end of world 1 of mario 3 and mine powered off and would not go back on again

It's no biggie I can just stick it into my ps4 or buy a plug. and Ive not tested either yet. Just wondering if anyone else had tried

Different usb,
    The mini uses a micro USB while the Switch uses the new USB C standard.
    You can thank Nintendo for it, no sarcasm intended, because micro SD cables are cheap as chips whilst USB C chargers and adapters are pretty expensive and cheap cables can damage equipment and/or go on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Different usb,
    The mini uses a micro USB while the Switch uses the new USB C standard.
    You can thank Nintendo for it, no sarcasm intended, because micro SD cables are cheap as chips whilst USB C chargers and adapters are pretty expensive and cheap cables can damage equipment and/or go on fire.

Yeah I realise they are different USBs

What I was on about though was the fact I could still power my mini via the switch rather than plugging it into the wall. It was working but then stopped last night

I've tried it this morning just plugging into the wall and it works fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Got last one in Blackpool in Cork,one In stock in Queens Old Castle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

R.F. wrote: »
    Yeah I realise they are different USBs

What I was on about though was the fact I could still power my mini via the switch rather than plugging it into the wall. It was working but then stopped last night

I've tried it this morning just plugging into the wall and it works fine again.

I don't see why not, only way is to try, i guess...
    Might try myself, later on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 JohnMoyno

Hi guys,

Sorry for being a noob...Just wondering- where and how can I get one? I know they're sold out most everywhere but I see some people are getting them from Argos? How do I go about this, because I don't see them listed on their website? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You've got to keep checking and hope to get lucky. Watch this thread like a hawk. That's how I got mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

JohnMoyno wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Sorry for being a noob...Just wondering- where and how can I get one? I know they're sold out most everywhere but I see some people are getting them from Argos? How do I go about this, because I don't see them listed on their website? Thanks in advance.

Portlaoise Argos had some during the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 JohnMoyno

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Portlaoise Argos had some during the week.

Sound lad. I tried ringing there, and they say that the item is not listed? I can't find it in the catalogue or online either. How did you go about finding it in Argos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like it has been delisted.

http://checkargos.com/product/5762020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It hasn't shown up on check argos in a couple of months now in store only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

JohnMoyno wrote: »
    Sound lad. I tried ringing there, and they say that the item is not listed? I can't find it in the catalogue or online either. How did you go about finding it in Argos?

I was in store looking at wiiu stuff and saw it listed under the wiiu heading. They had 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

It did show up for a few hours on Wednesday the week before last. Once all were reserved it was taken down again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭surrealname

It was available online last weekend in most stores across the country

Argos have a Gioteck Turbo Controller For Nintendo Classic Mini in stock €20

• Registered Users Posts: 12 luke208

Any news of the next wave of stock to arrive in Ireland?

• Advertisement

luke208 wrote: »
    Any news of the next wave of stock to arrive in Ireland?

Nintendo website had a few for sale earlier..

Smyths now expecting them back in stock in June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Gamestop had some today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Gamestop had some today.

I was in GS Stephen's Green yday and never thought to ask. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finally got to set up mine
    Where's the best place to get a second controller ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

km79 wrote: »

You're better off buying a Wii Pro controller, it's both cheaper and much more functional. Buying a NES Classic Mini controller is even rarer than the console itself. I've never seen a restock of it. Never seen it available to buy full stop.

A supply did come on the systems release, they were sold at a budget price in GameStop then snapped up by scalpers before sold at a profit to CEX, where they now live at over inflated prices.
    Check out one of the Chinese based retailers for cloned ones with the same functionality, or just buy a wired pad for the Wii/WiiU, they use the same Wii Remote socket, and can be had for peanuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I still cant believe its april and I still don't have one... very sad.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just for anyone thinking of ditching the idea of getting a mini and using the NES emulator on Retropie, unfortunately the retropie emulator for the NES just isn't the same performance wise.

Hopefully you'll get your Classics soon!

Advertisement