Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Classic Mini

Options
1868788899092»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

AMGer wrote: »
    Are the separate Nes classic controllers supposed to be getting a re-release aswell? I missed out on those first time around

Controllers are on the Nintendo uk website so cant see why not. Anybody know how much Gamestop are taking for preorders in store

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Do not trust Gamestop. They've cancelled numerous orders of mine over the years. They cancelled my pre-order for the NES Classic Mini controllers as well first time around and I ordered as soon as they went live. They're scum. Plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

sligeach wrote: »
    Do not trust Gamestop. They've cancelled numerous orders of mine over the years. They cancelled my pre-order for the NES Classic Mini controllers as well first time around and I ordered as soon as they went live. They're scum. Plain and simple.

I've never had that issue with my store. Snes mini was 6 weeks after release but they had told me that when I preordered. Lads and Girls in my local one are sound enough. Happy to talk gaming and chit chat compared to my local cex. Where there robots and have very little interest in anything. Its the staff in gamestop is why I go there. Doesn't mean I like the way Gamestop do things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And those NES controllers were in intense demand, I'd say a lot of people ordered them online and were disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »

If I remember correctly GameStop, in some sort of uncommon freak event, had them waaaay underpriced, while the CEX around the corner were giving multiples of that in cash/credit, so they were snatched up in jig time and sold on for profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If I remember correctly GameStop, in some sort of uncommon freak event, had them waaaay underpriced, while the CEX around the corner were giving multiples of that in cash/credit, so they were snatched up in jig time and sold on for profit.

If I remember correctly, Gamestop had the controllers priced at €12.99. At any rate, I think they were vapourware.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭touchwood

Guys I have 2 nes classics got them off a friend, he tried to hack them and failed, now have no games on them. I'm not techie enough to get them going but I'm sure someone can. I'm looking to just get the 80 quid I gave him for them back if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My Amazon order shipped early this morning. Ordered it a few weeks back for £49.99 plus the slight adjustment for Irish VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭peter4918

Got NES mini in Smyths this morning, plenty available online and in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Picked one up today in Derry in argos for £49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Can I ask - the stupid power cable, is that just a usb power charger? Or is it a specific adapter?

Thinking of getting one for Christmas but the extras needed to actually make it work are frustrating

Any advice greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Usb cable that you can plug into the t.v. to use. If you do not have one available just buy a cheap usb plug in deals or any other shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Usb cable that you can plug into the t.v. to use. If you do not have one available just buy a cheap usb plug in deals or any other shop.

Super, that’s what I thought! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyone know if the controllers they’re selling in Dealz are any good, could be a good way around the short leads on the standard controllers.

This may have already been asked, but I ain’t going through 184 pages to find out :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Anyone know if the controllers they’re selling in Dealz are any good, could be a good way around the short leads on the standard controllers.

This may have already been asked, but I ain’t going through 184 pages to find out :)

They a arent too bad, I got some extension cables on Amazon last year and they are great in fairness. 4 year old walks across the cables just free so no console going flying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

colm_mcm wrote: »

Yep, I have 2 of them and they work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nice one, thanks for the replies. I know I can order cables online but I want it NOW! Hopefully they still have them.

PC World/Currys have the NES Mini Classic for €49.99, which is pretty good.
    A few in stock in the Swords, Airside branch.

Advertisement