Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC app and managed SIM - Why does it cost so much?

Options
  • 19-07-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

I have a HKC home security system that operated with a prepay SIM and worked very well for us until the SIM was cancelled by the mobile provider because it wasn't topped up within 6 months (my bad). Instead of replacing the SIM, we were encouraged to move to the HKC app and managed SIM.
    Only drawback is the service agreement, which will cost 140 per year!
    Can anyone tell me why this is so expensive? Surely the running costs of keeping a SIM card topped up and providing the server for the communications don't warrant this kind of fee.
    I am keen to go back to the old prepay method as this would cost us about 50 or less per year keeping the SIM topped up. Is having a mobile app to control the arm/disarm functions remotely REALLY that useful?? Interested to hear from users of this app about their experience with it and what it is costing them.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement