Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Low Cost Holidays

Options
  • 07-07-2016 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I booked what I thought was flight and accommodation with LCH, as flight and hotel tabs were highlighted.
    Paid for in full. However, when I looked at voucher, only hotels were paid for, no flights. Rang them and irritating assistant informed me that I had not put flights in basket. Nothing about fiights came up, and I paid, thinking it was for everything,as per the tab. I then tried to cancel, Assistant told me that there would be a cancellation charge and that they would get back as they were looking into it with IT team. Where do I stand on this, does anyone know? I paid in full by visa debit. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I booked what I thought was flight and accommodation with LCH, as flight and hotel tabs were highlighted. Paid for in full. However, when I looked at voucher, only hotels were paid for, no flights. Rang them and irritating assistant informed me that I had not put flights in basket. Nothing about fiights came up, and I paid, thinking it was for everything,as per the tab. I then tried to cancel, Assistant told me that there would be a cancellation charge and that they would get back as they were looking into it with IT team. Where do I stand on this, does anyone know? I paid in full by visa debit. Thanks!

I used these twice - no hassle.
    Used them again last year and a nightmare. Paid for flights and hotel to Portugal in full. They wouldn't release flight's.
    Got in touch they said the flights had gone up a couple of hundred in the space of me selecting it and paying. Said I couldn't get a refund and had to pay difference.
    I priced flights myself and they were there still at the price I selected.
    Had to threaten legal in the end to get it sorted.
    You could perhaps try chargeback with the bank.
    They are quick to reply on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

I used these twice - no hassle.
    Used them again last year and a nightmare. Paid for flights and hotel to Portugal in full. They wouldn't release flight's.
    Got in touch they said the flights had gone up a couple of hundred in the space of me selecting it and paying. Said I couldn't get a refund and had to pay difference.
    I priced flights myself and they were there still at the price I selected.
    Had to threaten legal in the end to get it sorted.
    You could perhaps try chargeback with the bank.
    They are quick to reply on Facebook

Hi irishgirl,
    Would never book with this company again.
    I did notice that they say on their site that there may be an increase with flights, from what was booked originally with them. Don\t understand how they can raise these prices, as when you book direct with the airline, there is NEVER an additional charge. Surely, this can't be legal?
    Better to do everything yourself, and cut out middle man.
    In my case, they told me I would be down the accommodation money if I did not go, so rather than being down the money, I actually got reasonably priced flights with Ryanair! So, we are going to Portugal after all!!
    We went to Barcelona with Click and Go a few weeks ago, and had no trouble at all with them. But, I think, book flights and hotel your/ourselves in future.
    In addition, my phone conversations with LCH were highly unpleasant, and unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Hi irishgirl,
    Would never book with this company again.
    I did notice that they say on their site that there may be an increase with flights, from what was booked originally with them. Don\t understand how they can raise these prices, as when you book direct with the airline, there is NEVER an additional charge. Surely, this can't be legal?
    Better to do everything yourself, and cut out middle man.
    In my case, they told me I would be down the accommodation money if I did not go, so rather than being down the money, I actually got reasonably priced flights with Ryanair! So, we are going to Portugal after all!!
    We went to Barcelona with Click and Go a few weeks ago, and had no trouble at all with them. But, I think, book flights and hotel your/ourselves in future.
    In addition, my phone conversations with LCH were highly unpleasant, and unhelpful.

A lot of travel agents forecast flight prices to increase their profits. eg you book in December and they reckon flights will be cheaper in January, they will hold off until January to confirm flights. Its morally wrong though, your contract is with them based on the date of purchase, their contract is with the airline, you shouldnt be effected by their contract

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Thanks, Iaso,

I have booked flights myself with Ryanair, don't want to lose my accommodation money, almost one thousand euro.
    Let's just hope we won't be turned away from the hotel when we get there

• Advertisement

You should read this also from the Commission for Aviation Regulation.....

http://www.aviationreg.ie/news/lowcostbeds-trading-announcement.740.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Thanks, Iaso,

I have booked flights myself with Ryanair, don't want to lose my accommodation money, almost one thousand euro.
    Let's just hope we won't be turned away from the hotel when we get there

I would recommend contacting the hotel and your bank to do a charge back. When are u due to travel? Essentially rule of thumb is that the hotel will charge you as they will not have been paid by lowcost

lasno wrote: »
    You should read this also from the Commission for Aviation Regulation.....

http://www.aviationreg.ie/news/lowcostbeds-trading-announcement.740.html

Just as a pointer the bonding only applies to packages and does not apply to flight only or room only bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The uk news websites are saying that flights are paid straight away, so any flights anyone has booked should be ok.

Hotel bookings however, will have to be paid for on the day as payment may not get through to them. If this is the case, you need to claim back from your credit card company. (If you used one)

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/lowcosttravelgroup-issues-advice-for-customers--5852

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Booked a hotel with these €2400, on the credit card thankfully.

Is there any chance the hotel will honour the booking?

• Advertisement

Information from the Low cost group...

http://www.lowcosttravelgroup.com/

Rackstar wrote: »
    Booked a hotel with these €2400, on the credit card thankfully.

Is there any chance the hotel will honour the booking?

Only way would be to contact the hotel and send them a copy of your confirmation with low cost and they may honour the price but no guarantee on that.

Tippex wrote: »
    Only way would be to contact the hotel and send them a copy of your confirmation with low cost and they may honour the price but no guarantee on that.

Called the hotel, they say they have been paid in full but to call back tomorrow for full confirmation. Not sure where I stand now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Theres a thread on travel forum someone else is worried about heir holiday due to company being in trouble

Called the hotel, they say they have been paid in full but to call back tomorrow for full confirmation. Not sure where I stand now.

You can only take them at their word on that.
    They are going to be scrambling at the moment to figure out who is affected and if all payments have been received (not a position I'd like to be in). Depending on the relationship with low cost they could have had a pre pay agreement which should mean it's paid for.

When you call them tomorrow make sure to get a copy of the confirmation from the hotel that the room has been paid for by low cost and that your booking is safe.

Hit me up by PM if you need any advice and I will help in any way I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

due to travel next weekend.
    I called the hotel who say they havent been paid and if i want my booking i'll have to pay again. I'll need to call reservations in the morning as the receptionist didn't know the cost.
    I lost 740 euro:(

Is there a form to fill in with LCH in order to lodge a claim?

due to travel next weekend.
    I called the hotel who say they havent been paid and if i want my booking i'll have to pay again. I'll need to call reservations in the morning as the receptionist didn't know the cost.
    I lost 740 euro:(

Is there a form to fill in with LCH in order to lodge a claim?

If you paid by credit card get on to your bank and do a charge back. If it was a package you may be covered by the bond.

Tatranska,
    Same boat here. Lost 997 euro for a two bed apartment.
    There is another thread on the travel forum. Some very helpful people out there, worth a peep.

Tatranska,
    Same boat here. Lost 997 euro for a two bed apartment.
    There is another thread on the travel forum. Some very helpful people out there, worth a peep.

Keep an eye on here http://www.aviationreg.ie/news/lowcostbeds-trading-announcement.740.html the regulator is gonna br trying to figure out whats going on. The only bookings that will be covered by their bond will be package bookings (flight and hotel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tippex wrote: »
    If you paid by credit card get on to your bank and do a charge back. If it was a package you may be covered by the bond.

Apartment only. Will contact the cc company in the morning.

• Advertisement

I paid with Visa Debit. Where do I stand with that, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I paid with Visa Debit. Where do I stand with that, does anyone know?

Yes you can request a charge back...

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/chargeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ProfessorChef

I also booked through LCH, I rang my hotel this morning and they said it's still booked and they get payment on the day were leaving from LCH, nothing about it being cancelled? I'm still not so sure :/

Called my hotel again today, they are now saying they haven't received payment but to call back tomorrow to confirm as its a public holiday today. This is going to be a cluster fcuk

I also booked through LCH, I rang my hotel this morning and they said it's still booked and they get payment on the day were leaving from LCH, nothing about it being cancelled? I'm still not so sure :/

When are you due to travel ProfessorChef?
    If you can have a look at booking.com and see if you can book the same room there with no cancellation fees as a backup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Considering it only happened at 6pm yes its unlikely that hotel staff would know much.

Called my hotel again today, they are now saying they haven't received payment but to call back tomorrow to confirm as its a public holiday today. This is going to be a cluster fcuk

see if you can get the same room through booking.com as a backup option.

Everyone affected by this are going to be scrambling for the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ProfessorChef

Just received an email from the hotel saying it's booked and that it's prepaid. Am I good?

• Advertisement

Just received an email from the hotel saying it's booked and that it's prepaid. Am I good?

it all depends if it was lowcost who prepaid (unlikely) or one of their suppliers. If it was one of their suppliers they are likely to cancel it (the hotel may be willing to tell you who prepaid it)

Advertisement