Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calculating how much hardcore I need?

Options
  • 14-07-2016 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm doing a patio out the back, the problem I have is trying to figure out how many ton of hardcore I need. Its a sloped garden that I want to level off. So basically it will be 7m long 6.5 wide and I need to raise it by 0.5 m. How do I calculate how much I need approx. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

mullanp wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm doing a patio out the back, the problem I have is trying to figure out how many ton of hardcore I need. Its a sloped garden that I want to level off. So basically it will be 7m long 6.5 wide and I need to raise it by 0.5 m. How do I calculate how much I need approx. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you raising it by half a metre? I calculate you need I tonne per 10 square metre for 50 mm raised. Your raising it 10 times that so you need 1 tonne per square meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mullanp

Are you raising it by half a metre? I calculate you need I tonne per 10 square metre for 50 mm raised. Your raising it 10 times that so you need 1 tonne per square meter.

Ya raising by half a metre, thanks for that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that'd be about 25 bags so.

Advertisement