Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding guest help

• 14-07-2016 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi was wondering if I could get some advice? I'm going to a wedding in two weeks and got a dress to wear. It's fitted and the best way to describe the colour is pea green. I also got light nude shoes to wear. I don't have a clue what bag or headpiece to put with it. I was going to go cream/nude to match the dress but I'm having doubts about that now. Anyone have any advice I'm clueless when it comes to this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

natec12 wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if I could get some advice? I'm going to a wedding in two weeks and got a dress to wear. It's fitted and the best way to describe the colour is pea green. I also got light nude shoes to wear. I don't have a clue what bag or headpiece to put with it. I was going to go cream/nude to match the dress but I'm having doubts about that now. Anyone have any advice I'm clueless when it comes to this.

Personally I would go with a cream/nude bag as I like to match my shoes with my bag.
    I wouldn't wear a headpiece myself but if you did, I'd suggest cream/nude again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

The whole head piece thing is a bit of a urban rural divide I think. I was at a big country wedding a few weeks ago and all the local girls (school friends ect) were wearing headpieces but none of the girls from Dublin (college friends/work colleagues) were wearing any.

Another friend commented on a similar phenomenon at a wedding she attended in Limerick last year.

Personally I think they're for the races myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 natec12

The whole head piece thing is a bit of a urban rural divide I think. I was at a big country wedding a few weeks ago and all the local girls (school friends ect) were wearing headpieces but none of the girls from Dublin (college friends/work colleagues) were wearing any.

Another friend commented on a similar phenomenon at a wedding she attended in Limerick last year.

I know I don't particularly want to wear one but it's a close family wedding and a few have asked me what I plan on wearing. Apparently the rest of them are getting some sort of head piece. I feel a bit young to be wearing one aswell I'm only 27, I had thought for weddings it was normally the older guests who donned hats/fascinators etc

natec12 wrote: »
    I know I don't particularly want to wear one but it's a close family wedding and a few have asked me what I plan on wearing. Apparently the rest of them are getting some sort of head piece. I feel a bit young to be wearing one aswell I'm only 27, I had thought for weddings it was normally the older guests who donned hats/fascinators etc

I'm not much older than your myself and I wouldnt dream of wearing one. I don't think that not wearing one marks you out as not having made an effort. For example, I tend to always have a new dress, hair and make up professionally done when I go to a wedding. Just because I don't want to look like I got lost on my way to ladies day, does not make my outfit incomplete. If you don't want to wear one, then don't wear one.

As a slight half way house, have you considered a nice hair clip or hair jewelary. Much more youthful IMO.

http://www.asos.com/Johnny-Loves-Rosie/Johnny-Loves-Rosie-Paige-Embellished-Hairband/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6833633&cid=15493&Rf900=1487&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Gold&totalstyles=25&gridsize=3

http://www.asos.com/Love-Rocks/Love-Rocks-Pool-Party-Hair-Drape/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6479496&cid=4175&Rf989=6485,6044,6046,6148,5228&sh=0&pge=2&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Gold&totalstyles=237&gridsize=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

If you are getting your hair put up I don't see the need for a headpiece. I wore one recently as just had hair blow dried but had hair up at another wedding and wouldn't have worn a headpiece. They were plentiful at both weddings though. Go for a nude bag and stop thinking about what others will think of you - the headpieces are off at the meal and by the time the dancing starts nobody will remember who was wearing one! Enjoy the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Nah, Im from Dublin and Ive worn them plenty of times. So have other people at weddings Ive been at.

I wear small ones though, and I do think theyve fallen more out of favour in the last decade.

Nah, Im from Dublin and Ive worn them plenty of times. So have other people at weddings Ive been at.

I wear small ones though, and I do think theyve fallen more out of favour in the last decade.

Sure of course, nothing is absolute, but its just a trend I feel I've noticed. I've a few more weddings this summer so I'll keep an eye out. One in particular will be another big (270) country wedding so I'd expect to see a few of them at that.

Regardless OP, I really don't think anyone will really notice if you decide to go without, especially if you're happy with your dress and other accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 natec12

Thank you for all the advice. I'm going to leave wearing one, I wouldn't be comfortable with one on and I am happy with the shoes so I'll just get a matching bag. I'll have my makeup done and get a curly blow dry. Thanks for the links SarahMollie I really like the second one (hair chain) I think I might get it to wear on the day. I think it would finish off my outfit well 😊

Glad you're deciding to suit yourself OP :)

I think you'll always look best wearing something you feel good in :)

Advertisement