Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting status update check on the coverage fibre map

Options
  • 14-07-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps, can I get a status update on efibre enablement of Kinvara Co Galway exchange. It's currently showing as "within 6 weeks" for the last 16 weeks or so.
    • In Q1 2015 it listed go live as Q2 2015
    • In Q2 and Q3 of 2015 it listed go live as Q4 of 2015
    • In early Q4 of 2015 is listed go live as "Within a Year"
    • In mid Q4 it listed go live as "Within 6 weeks"
    • In Late Q4 it went back listed go live of "Within a year"
    • In early Q1 it went to "Within 6 weeks"
    • In mid Q1 it went back to listed go live of "Within a year"
    • In late Q1 it went back to "Within 6 weeks"
    [*]
    So it's being showing "within 6 weeks" constantly for about 16 weeks and sporadically for about 16 months.

I know that this map has never been accurate or honest, so just checking in with you to see have you any accurate/honest information.
    thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Reps, can I get a status update on efibre enablement of Kinvara Co Galway exchange. It's currently showing as "within 6 weeks" for the last 16 weeks or so.

[*]
    So it's being showing "within 6 weeks" constantly for about 16 weeks and sporadically for about 16 months.

I know that this map has never been accurate or honest, so just checking in with you to see have you any accurate/honest information.
    [*]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately there can be delays due to the level of work required. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked our latest deployment plan and service is forecasted to go live from this cabinet winter 2016/January 2017 at the minute.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

[*]

[*]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately there can be delays due to the level of work required. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked our latest deployment plan and service is forecasted to go live from this cabinet winter 2016/January 2017 at the minute.[/font]

[*]
    thanks Pamela,
    any chance you could update your map...apart from the annoyance factor, a lot of people use this false information to enter into legally binding contracts with you..... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[*]

[*]

[*]
    thanks Pamela,
    any chance you could update your map...apart from the annoyance factor, a lot of people use this false information to enter into legally binding contracts with you..... :-)
    [*]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif].[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this online here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and it states estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services with speeds up to 1000Mb/s is Winter 2016/17 which is correct. [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Pamela,
    quick questions on your information above and the logistics of everything...with so many maps, delays, programs and potential services etc I get easily confused. I'm going to make a few statements, ask a few questions below and can you review for correctness, and provide answers where you can.

1. MAPS: Generally speaking I'm better off using the openeir fiberrollout map as opposed to the eir map. This is because a.) it is more up to date and b.) it's the source of your information anyway? - is that a far enough assessment?

2. Dates: I know they are open to change - but for discussions sake, lets just assume they are correct for the minute

3. Disclaimers - being in an enabled exchange is no guarantee of service availability or provision, for a whole host of legitimate reasons......

..now with that out of the way, the latest info on the map for Kinvara is

Kinvara
    • Estimated date for first Live Fibre Services is Autumn 2016.
    • Estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services with speeds up to 1000Mb/s is Winter 2016/17
    [*]

So from the above it would appear that 2 distinct and separate new services are due to be rolled out to Kinvara in the next 6 months, as follows

1. FTTC - Some point in the next 3 months - this means that fibre will be enabled at the exchange and those being serviced by the exchange should be able to get "up to" 100mMb/s (dependent on distance etc)

2. FTTH - sometime in the 3 to 6 month range from now. This means that fibre connections will be provided up to the boundary of the property and should result in speeds of up to 1000Mb/s and in addition will make distance from the exchange largely irrelevant in relation to service provision.

So after all that above I have 2 hopefully simple questions 

QUESTION 1: Did I get any of the above significantly arse ways? 

QUESTION 2 (this is the important one!) : If the above is correct then it would appear that one service will come online fairly quickly after the next. My question is; if you receive a standard fibre service through FTTC will that have any bearing on the provision of FTTH?
    Is the provision of FTTH planned for Kinvara going to be a simple case of targeting all properties in Kinvara, or will FTTH only target properties not already provisioned with FTTC services?

Hope this makes sense, thanks for taking time to read and respond.

Advertisement