Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance company for Leaf

Options
  • 14-07-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Just got an auto insurance email from 123, and boy what a jump from last year

Are there Insurance companies/brokers there are competitive for Leaf

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

k123456 wrote: »
    Just got an auto insurance email from 123, and boy what a jump from last year

Are there Insurance companies/brokers there are competitive for Leaf

Thanks
    I'm with Aviva who gave a rock bottom quote last year - €280 for bells and whistles policy (incl full bonus protection). Renewal this year was €290. At that price, it's not even worth ringing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I'm with AA. I paid €380/400 or so I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'm with Zurich

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm with Aviva who gave a rock bottom quote last year - €280 for bells and whistles policy (incl full bonus protection). Renewal this year was €290. At that price, it's not even worth ringing around!

Aviva were also, by far and away, the cheapest for our Prius.

They love the hybrid/EVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Thanks for the replies folks
    I rang around and in this instance found Zurich cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yep - exactly the same price (i.e. €280) from Aviva for me last September...

Has anyone received reasonable quotes for a company-owned 2018 Leaf?
    Got mine from a broker and it's 1500+
    Apparently there are very few companies offering this.

Also includes things like 'refuelling' in case of breakdown - which makes me think it's not a very EV-specific policy. I can imagine someone arriving with a jerry can full of petrol to get me back on the road...

Advertisement