Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France: stage 13 Individual TT 37.5Km **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Dumoulin is absolutely smashing this course. 54 second lead at the third time check. And he's passed his four minute man LL Sanchez, who is a very good TT'er as well.

Not today he's not. 4 mins over 30 or so kms?

What would be a good time for Dan today. 90 seconds lost to Froome? Or is that being optimistic?

What's the young fella Yates like as TTer?

42km Headwind. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Itziger wrote: »
    What would be a good time for Dan today. 90 seconds lost to Froome? Or is that being optimistic?

What's the young fella Yates like as TTer?

I'd be delighted were it only 90 seconds! Yates is good, one of the stronger TTs of the climbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

If martin is within 3 mins of froome today id be surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Surely Froome should be tired after his recent efforts, or will he be unbelievable?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

where do they get all the polka dot tshirts from? is it the publicity caravan?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Porte flying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Maybe all Porte needed all along was a smack in the face?! Or maybe it's like one of them movies and him and Froome have swapped bodies after the crash into each other and the motorbike yesterday and they will need to re-create the crash to swap back and normality to return.....

good start for Dan

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    where do they get all the polka dot tshirts from? is it the publicity caravan?

Yup, when i was there years ago i got 2 and a few hats handed out free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

retalivity wrote: »
    If martin is within 3 mins of froome today id be surprised

And the rest. He'll be doing well to be within 5 mins of him I'd say.

I can see Froome really challenging Dumolin for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Dan through the first time point 50 seconds down on Dumoulin (40 on Porte) but has put time into Aru, Meintjes, Rodriguez and Kreuziger.
    Solid enough start

The second intermediate time check is not working so we will waiting 20 minutes for an accurate update on Dan

For Dan to get into the top 20 would be a good result although he did put in a lot of work yesterday to try to limit his losses to the main GC group so we'll see - hopefully he is feeling strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Still chasing the tour lads with my dodgy TV and internet access, what was the Yates crash that affected everyone that was mentioned in yesterday's thread?

By the way, I don't think I'll complain about the Eurosport ads again. Thought I got lucky this morning when I stumbled across yesterday's highlights, they broke for an ad with 8k to go (UK Eurosport coverage). That's great, I'll get the run in to the finish while eating breakfast. Another ad at 5k to go. Mmm, cutting it tight but they done it to cover the whole drama I thought to myself.

Another ad just after the first lot finished but before the fun. You bastards, out the door I had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Looks a little like Froome only has front derailleur shifting on his base bars and not on the extensions. Hasn't really come off the bars either so is moving around to change on the front.

Froome and Quintana both using round bottles on their frames too, for all the talk about marginal gains it seems obvious enough to use an aero shape bottle, even if they hold less. Probably won't stay on the bike for the whole TT though. More than likely won't make a difference to overall results though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Still chasing the tour lads with my dodgy TV and internet access, what was the Yates crash that affected everyone that was mentioned in yesterday's thread?

By the way, I don't think I'll complain about the Eurosport ads again. Thought I got lucky this morning when I stumbled across yesterday's highlights, they broke for an ad with 8k to go (UK Eurosport coverage). That's great, I'll get the run in to the finish while eating breakfast. Another ad at 5k to go. Mmm, cutting it tight but they done it to cover the whole drama I thought to myself.

Another ad just after the first lot finished but before the fun. You bastards, out the door I had to go.

It was when the Flamme Rouge deflated last week and took him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Thud

Tony Martins
    ThisRegard wrote: »

Yates crash:
    http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/video-was-flamme-rouge-sabotaged-to-bring-down-yates-watch-this/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Weepsie wrote: »
    It was when the Flamme Rouge deflated last week and took him down.

Cheers. Actually saw that on a local news bulletins sport round up, didn't catch what riders were affected.

Edit, just checked out Thud's link, wow, didn't think anyone got hit like that, thought they were all just delayed as it was down before they got to it.

• Advertisement

- - - awaiting crushing froome split check - - -

Edit 17s down, not that crushing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Dan is slowing by the looks of things. Over 3 mins down Dumoulin

retalivity wrote: »
    - - - awaiting crushing froome split check - - -

Edit 17s down, not that crushing

Yet...

Wind must be picking up, Porte lost 2 minutes at that second time-check, Dan will not lose much to the top 10 today which is an achievement for a guy who isn't known for his time-trialling ability

Aru a second ahead of Dan FFS!!! (slams computer to the ground)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Dan is currently giving about a minute to Porte and Kreuziger but gaining very small amounts on Rodrigues,Meintjes and Henao and matching Aru

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Cyclingnews.com for the live updates! Middle section seems to be doing the damage - Porte already two minutes down after second check point but a minute up on Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Does Quitana always look that uncomfortable on a TT bike?

dahat wrote: »
    Does Quitana always look that uncomfortable on a TT bike?

Do you want the short or long answer?

• Advertisement

Anything under 54 minutes would be satisfactory for Dan, anything over would be a tad disappointing

Advertisement