Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

group water schemes

Options
  • 14-07-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I part of a group water schemes it qas managed by an paid for by the council but the council has nothing to do with it now we have a committee awe were told we have to pay the annual cost do I have to pay can I use the free cubic meter allowance from irish water

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If it has reverted to the group owners and management you need to pay or get no water. As you're not an Irish Water customer you get none of their allowances.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

L1011 wrote: »
    If it has reverted to the group owners and management you need to pay or get no water. As you're not an Irish Water customer you get none of their allowances.

No allowances from IW anyway, are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

whiterebel wrote: »
    No allowances from IW anyway, are there?

There are, for kids. Possibly certain medical conditions. Realistically they were only going to reduce your bill, not make it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Rip off?????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Depends on amount you pay you actually can get your water for free - if you register with IW and get a WCG (water conservation grant).

Not a rip-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭slystallone

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If the scheme was council controlled' it should surely have automatically gone over to IW?

I've never heard of a scheme going from public back to group scheme.

We are on a group scheme here and traditionally paid about 200 per year.

All payments are stopped now so I assume there are grants from government that cover this.

All groups schemes locally that are private extensions to the public system are not now paying for water.

There are some group schemes that operate their own small treatment plants. I believe they are still billing to cover running costs.

Advertisement