Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eden - Channel 4

Options
  • 14-07-2016 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭

Next Monday, new Survival show from Ch4:

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/268392-eden-meet-contestants-channel-4s-new-reality-show.html
    Filmed over a year in the remote Scottish Highlands, Eden sees the 23 contestants challenged with building a new life and creating a society from scratch.

From constructing shelter and finding food to making laws and agreeing on rules, together they will decide how they want to live as a community isolated from the rest of the modern world.

Love these types of shows :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thargor wrote: »
    Next Monday, new Survival show from Ch4:

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/268392-eden-meet-contestants-channel-4s-new-reality-show.html

Love these types of shows :D

Hopefully doesn't get cancelled after 3 episodes like the US version (Utopia) did.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The problem with Utopia was that it was shite.

Mr E wrote: »
    The problem with Utopia was that it was shite.

Well I can hardly argue with that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Reminder: Starts tonight at 9pm on Channel 4.

Interesting that the trailer focuses on the positive aspects of the experience (even though showing or foreshadowing the negative is what usually draws people in for a show like this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Mr E wrote: »
    Reminder: Starts tonight at 9pm on Channel 4.

Interesting that the trailer focuses on the positive aspects of the experience (even though showing or foreshadowing the negative is what usually draws people in for a show like this).
    Great I can watch this before BB
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So was it any good? I missed it, will have a look tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not a bad first episode.The fella making the winter camp cant be more right.A sweat lodge ffs,there in Scotland island,**** can hit the fan very fast there but there acting like its a summer camp.I thought most of them where fools.
    They should be stocking up on wood and supplies now instead of doing in the rain and/or wind.
    The vets a soft touch aswell,what sort of vet is he,he was upset because a goat died, come on.

Had to laugh when the vegertarian caved in after a few days and then watched them slaughtering the pig.
    Going to keep watching it .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Some lovely scenery. The carpenter seems to well grounded and knows what they should be doing. They should be doing at least 8 or 10 hors work a day do its not like they really have anything else to do and they don,t need to work there a*** of. I do agree that they don,t need tea every ten minutes do. Get up have breakfast work.
    I suppose the vet was upset that the goat died on his watch he loves animals that why he is a vet so yes that would upset anyone that loves animals. I agree they should be stocking up looks like the next episodes weather is a lot harder.
    Who was it that walked of a the end?
    They did not slaughter the pig just shot it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Some lovely scenery. The carpenter seems to well grounded and knows what they should be doing. They should be doing at least 8 or 10 hors work a day do its not like they really have anything else to do and they don,t need to work there a*** of. I do agree that they don,t need tea every ten minutes do. Get up have breakfast work.
    I suppose the vet was upset that the goat died on his watch he loves animals that why he is a vet so yes that would upset anyone that loves animals. I agree they should be stocking up looks like the next episodes weather is a lot harder.
    Who was it that walked of a the end?
    They did not slaughter the pig just shot it.

They shot it and then slit its neck right after to blead the pig .
    On the vet,animals die surely hes seen that before and if he cant handle that then hes in the wrong game.
    Why dont they make a pin for the goats there didnt seem to be to many of them.
    The fella making the Winter camp as only bit of sence imo ,they seem smart people but they think there on holiday.He was the only one making the greenhouse or whatever its called to make the plants grow.
    They found fishing gear nets and pots it looked like and they made them in closets WTF.
    I think some of them didnt like to work and wanted an excuse to not work or worry about anything for a year.

Thargor wrote: »
    So was it any good? I missed it, will have a look tomorrow.

I thought it was decent,but there setting them selfs up for a massive fail I reckon.
    One instance was these 2 women(dont know the names yet) made a tiny hut if you could call it that for wood.They made it out of chicken wire and few bits of timber and had enough wood for about 1 fire maybe for a day.There is 22 of them on the island ,so not sure wet wood is going to warm 22 people.
    They said it took massive effort to make aswell,while this fella was in the forest making a winter camp and when he wanted supplys to finesh the camp they voted against him and had sweat lodge instead.
    Make hay while the sun shines but there doing yoga on the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

(ignore my name :p)

Reminds me a bit of a BBC show from about 15 years ago called Castaway; but this one is much more young-white-attractive-privileged participants for the most part. No thanks.

I really enjoyed it - it's a bit like the Island, but they obviously need to be more ambitious in what they build and what infrastructure they set up as they'll be there for a year rather than just 21 days (actually Eden covered the first 3 weeks in the 1 episode).

I think it will be really good to see how everything plays out - the democracy won't last too long I reckon, people will clearly splinter off into different groups sooner or later.

Eeden wrote: »
    (ignore my name :p)

Reminds me a bit of a BBC show from about 15 years ago called Castaway; but this one is much more young-white-attractive-privileged participants for the most part. No thanks.

But there comedy gold coming I think.

Your man Tom is an absolute knobhead...

Anton is my favourite at the moment, I really hope his Winter House is epic.
    Think the idea to have Tara as a massage therapist is a great idea - its something the rest of them can all benefit from, as not everyone needs to be manual labouring all the time... Let people play to their strenghts.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I was really let down by this last week. Going by the ads it seemed as though it was going to be another "the island" Bear Grylls style, there's the wilderness here's your knives see ya's in a year kinda thing but no. It's kind of a cross between big brother and the island. Will watch it again next week but I'm thinking that will be the end of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Your man Tom is an absolute knobhead...

Anton is my favourite at the moment, I really hope his Winter House is epic.
    Think the idea to have Tara as a massage therapist is a great idea - its something the rest of them can all benefit from, as not everyone needs to be manual labouring all the time... Let people play to their strenghts.

Tom just typifies everything that's wrong with the world, he's so so narrow minded and petty.

I like Anton too and totally empathise with him, I'd be off doing my own thing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I hope Anton is right and when the winter comes his plan works out so I can watch Tom grovel. That guy is a tosser

Respect to the vet,he showed some balls.Anton seems resnable,the honeymoon period is defenitly over now.
    When its pissing rain and dark by 4 say a few will be easy to get angry.
    Im going to stick with it.

Just watching tonight's episode. I can't believe the guys branching off on their own to build a winter cabin. After all the crap they gave Anton. What a bunch of tossers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

skipper_G wrote: »
    Just watching tonight's episode. I can't believe the guys branching off on their own to build a winter cabin. After all the crap they gave Anton. What a bunch of tossers

Every time that Tom comes on I want to throw something at the TV.

I think James handled the situation quite well TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

It was funny seeing them acting hypocritical by secretly building a camp and taking supplies without asking.

Still struggling with their names, seems like they are sticking with the same people and haven't focused on a few of them.

Wasn't enough Anton this week, but I'm enjoying the series overall and it will be interesting to see how things progress going forward.

Tom has a few others catching up with him for the Knobhead of the Year Award - I'm struggling with names, but you know the ones I'm talking about, the meathead misogynistic ones...

Wasn't enough Anton this week, but I'm enjoying the series overall and it will be interesting to see how things progress going forward.

Tom has a few others catching up with him for the Knobhead of the Year Award - I'm struggling with names, but you know the ones I'm talking about, the meathead misogynistic ones...

Fisherman guy Glenn, and his buddy the army dude

skipper_G wrote: »
    Fisherman guy Glenn, and his buddy the army dude

Yes, that Glenn lad is especially knobby - from what we've seen so far I think himself and Tom are the worst of the worst. The army guy, at least seemed somewhat redeemable towards the end of the episode.

Anton and Titch (the plumber guy who convinced Tara to do the massage thing last week) seem like the two who have their heads screwed on best and easily two of the most likeable at the moment.

Would be good to see more of everyone though, just to get to know some of them a bit better.

Yes, that Glenn lad is especially knobby - from what we've seen so far I think himself and Tom are the worst of the worst. The army guy, at least seemed somewhat redeemable towards the end of the episode.

Anton and Titch (the plumber guy who convinced Tara to do the massage thing last week) seem like the two who have their heads screwed on best and easily two of the most likeable at the moment.

Would be good to see more of everyone though, just to get to know some of them a bit better.

That's a good assessment, agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I wish they called out the Army lad on his supposed 'values' when he had been going behind their backs building his own camp and trying to force a few of them to leave.

At least Jenna isn't afraid about standing up for herself.

I must also add I really like Paul McGann as a narrator and they should make better use of him throughout the episode even just to help us with the time frame a bit better - I know the first 2 episodes covered 3 weeks each, but did this episode cover an additional 3 weeks, or was it slightly less this time around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

so the lets bully people till they leave method

Tigger wrote: »
    so the lets bully people till they leave method
    Shows how stupid they are.
    Poor episode,bar the speech at the end which I thought was funny.First season over allready that was definitly a mistake.Only reason Ill come back is see how they got on in the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I honestly wonder how people like that survivor in real life. Conplete inability to talk through things with people and co-operate. Hope they get what's coming to them.

Advertisement