Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eden - Channel 4

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

murria wrote: »
    I thought this too, but in fairness it's heavily edited and I was shocked to hear he voted for Anton to stay.
    Did he? I thought he voted for Raph to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭murria

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Did he? I thought he voted for Raph to stay.

Could have sworn the narrator said he voted for Anton to stay. My husband has deleted the episode from the planner so i can't check, however I'd had a couple of glasses of wine so I'm possibly wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The main group are so disingenuous; oh the violence was different this time, oh was I the one who led the charge against Anton?, oh was the vote not at 75%? At least Katie seems to admit it with hindsight.

I agree Anton doesn't do himself many favors but overall he is more sinned against than sinning. Stephen came across well this episode.

But how do these people survive in real life? They only ever seen to talk about things when they have reached boiling point; but perhaps the editing is leaving out more reasonable conversations that took place beforehand.

And " Oh I had a bad dream about Anton so lets all gang up on him and throw him off the island ! "

But my quibble with the whole sorry business was who did they think they were deciding that others must leave .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just when I thought those ar**holes couldn't possibly get more vile. The fact they're so f***ing smug about it throughout the Talking Heads segments just makes it all the worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The valley boyz will really go down in tv history as the biggest bellends ever. I'd say they'll have to change their identities after this. Apparently they all shut down their twitter accounts tonight as they were being Slaughtered(irony!)

Much as I dislike those guys I do think the strategy of strict rationing at the start of the experiment seems to have been a really poor decision. They didn't have the energy then to do the work that needed doing to get the community running and as a result all these tensions arose. They then have a surplus of livestock near the end of the experiment; I can understand their point of view that these animals are there to be used, though they were obviously as stubborn and close-minded about it as they were everything else, but the animals should have been used more evenly throughout their time there and it would have helped a lot.

You've got to sympathise with Rob P; his job in the world is to tend to animals but in Eden it's to slaughter them.

Also surprised that Katie stayed. She's stronger than I gave her credit for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

They were given a small amount of livestock to stock them up, they had to wait for the offspring to mature to slaughter them. It was pure greed and wanton destruction of the animals that sickened Rob, 12 beasts in 4 weeks is far too much meat for 11 people to eat never mind 5. Those valley "blokes" were just savages with no respect for anyone or anything. Glenn said Rob was upset because he was a farmer and not used to slaughtering animals-wtf does he think Farmers do, breed animals infinitely? Rob would be well used to sending animals off to slaughter, but most farmers don't enjoy doing it. Its part of their living that they don't relish. Its sickening seeing the bloodlust and wastage those "boys" were revelling in. Pure ignorance.
    They didn't deserve to have access to animals, they were too immature to cope with the responsibility.
    Good luck to them all trying to find a decent woman now-who would want creepy Glenn, user Oli, randomly violent Rob and the homophobic army boy anywhere near them?
    The other group should have spoken up and put their foot down far earlier with those bullies, what a shower of wimps.

currants wrote: »
    They were given a small amount of livestock to stock them up, they had to wait for the offspring to mature to slaughter them.

Fair enough, didn't realise that.
    It was pure greed and wanton destruction of the animals that sickened Rob, 12 beasts in 4 weeks is far too much meat for 11 people to eat never mind 5. Those valley "blokes" were just savages with no respect for anyone or anything. Glenn said Rob was upset because he was a farmer and not used to slaughtering animals-wtf does he think Farmers do, breed animals infinitely? Rob would be well used to sending animals off to slaughter, but most farmers don't enjoy doing it. Its part of their living that they don't relish. Its sickening seeing the bloodlust and wastage those "boys" were revelling in. Pure ignorance.
    They didn't deserve to have access to animals, they were too immature to cope with the responsibility.

Oh no, I agree. There was no need to ramp it up the way they did. They just didn't want to listen to anybody else.
    Good luck to them all trying to find a decent woman now-who would want creepy Glenn, user Oli, randomly violent Rob and the homophobic army boy anywhere near them?

Sadly, I think there will be plenty.
    The other group should have spoken up and put their foot down far earlier with those bullies, what a shower of wimps.

What's weird is that that group were afraid of Anton? Anton?!? Jesus! To be honest the experiment reminds me a lot of how people are in the outside world.

What's weird is that that group were afraid of Anton? Anton?!? Jesus! To be honest the experiment reminds me a lot of how people are in the outside world.

Its depressing isn't it, anyone who didn't follow the superficial herd was dispatched through bullying, the other cowards just stood by and watched, relieved they weren't the targets. I'm not sure which of them I despise the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

That's about the best reality/survival TV that's been on.

Amazed they couldn't get more episodes out of it.

Fair ****s to Katie,(think that was her name, her house burnt down) for calling out that sad bunch of *****
    mutual ego massaging in the woods like a pack of 10 year olds.

Telling them all to get ****ed on Xmas day I thought was an excellent Xmas present to herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Dunno, I think it had to be wrapped up in just 5 episodes. What an absolute mess, and an amazing bunch of cnuts!

Anton and Raph the only ones to escape with any dignity at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dunno, I think it had to be wrapped up in just 5 episodes. What an absolute mess, and an amazing bunch of cnuts!

Just watching these now....these 4 lads that broke off are vile homophobic and sexist pigs...they really picked on the guy Matt...now they appear to be slaughtering animals for the laugh..jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wouldn't surprise me if Glenn went and set Katie's cabin on fire at the end. Seems like the sort of thing he'd do.

Looks like someone is particularly salty that everyone now knows what an awful c*** he is... http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/news/a835383/eden-star-glenn-moore-claims-channel-4-betrayed-contestants/#edenparadiselost

At the end Katie said she lost a lot of respect for herself; I wonder what she meant by that?
    Wouldn't surprise me if Glenn
    went and set Katie's cabin on fire at the end. Seems like the sort of thing he'd do.

Nah, I don't think any of them would risk killing someone or that they'd care at that point.

• Advertisement

I think Katie burnt the house down herself.

Possibly; but there'd be no need for subterfuge about it. And she would have rescued her diaries, though mind you maybe she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

At the end Katie said she lost a lot of respect for herself; I wonder what she meant by that?

Nah, I don't think any of them would risk killing someone or that they'd care at that point.

When she snapped out of her drunken pissed off phase,
    she said that she was better than the dickheads in the valley,
    because they all needed to stick together and back each other up,
    whereas she could keep going and do it on her own.

I reckon she meant she let herself down by letting such childish idiots get to her so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nah Anton was a complete dickhead and ended up looking like a bigger one when the camera crew explained the maths of the vote to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That was a great read, thanks. Knowing there was a footpath full of walkers they could chat to and locals they could go get p1ssed with takes the shine off the whole thing, theres a reason shows like this are filmed on islands.

Advertisement