Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in International Management at NUI Galway or MA in Business Management at Univers

Options
  • 14-07-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I got accepted at both NUI Galway and UL but I'm having trouble deciding between the two. One is MA Business Management at UL which I have accepted and already arranged accommodation to live on-campus so it's all set but for some reason I am more inclined to pursue MSc in International Management at NUI Galway because it is an award-winning program and is more internationally focus. It also might be less administrative than Business management and might lead to international jobs down the road. They also have a field trip abroad which sounds interesting. I've also only received a partial scholarship (1000euros) at NUIG which is not that much and there is no student accommodation except for one which is off-campus and is a little expensive. I also have to pay 1000euros acceptance deposit in a week.

I know it makes more sense to go with Limerick at this point since everything has been arranged except for my plane ticket but looking at the MA Business Management modules again, I feel that they are too administrative with all the accounting and finance classes and I am not sure if it might be too theoretical. It is a pogram for students with no business background which is my case. My first choice was International Management and Global Business at UL but I did not get in. MA BM was my second choice.

Has anyone had experience with either courses and can shed some light on the quality of lectures, job prospects, the quality of living in each city....etc, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bus101

Anyone? Pleas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Holmsie_95

Bus101 wrote: »
    Hello,

I got accepted at both NUI Galway and UL but I'm having trouble deciding between the two. One is MA Business Management at UL which I have accepted and already arranged accommodation to live on-campus so it's all set but for some reason I am more inclined to pursue MSc in International Management at NUI Galway because it is an award-winning program and is more internationally focus. It also might be less administrative than Business management and might lead to international jobs down the road. They also have a field trip abroad which sounds interesting. I've also only received a partial scholarship (1000euros) at NUIG which is not that much and there is no student accommodation except for one which is off-campus and is a little expensive. I also have to pay 1000euros acceptance deposit in a week.

I know it makes more sense to go with Limerick at this point since everything has been arranged except for my plane ticket but looking at the MA Business Management modules again, I feel that they are too administrative with all the accounting and finance classes and I am not sure if it might be too theoretical. It is a pogram for students with no business background which is my case. My first choice was International Management and Global Business at UL but I did not get in. MA BM was my second choice.

Has anyone had experience with either courses and can shed some light on the quality of lectures, job prospects, the quality of living in each city....etc, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Hi,

Just wondering did you do the course in UL in the end? If so, how did you find it? I’m starting in September from a media background!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

2 posts from the OP? 2 years ago? Unanswered 2 years ago?

You might be better off starting your own thread. Good luck with the course.

:D

Advertisement