Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Install Authentication Required?

• 14-07-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

So I've been planning on making a website for myself through wordpress so I've bought a domain and hosting through hosting ireland. I've just installed wordpress.org on to my host but when I've finished the install process I'm getting an authentication required prompt instead of the normal login page which is looking for a username and password, it wont take the the username and password I set during the install. any ideas? I'm completely new to wordpress, is it something I did wrong during installation or is it an issue with the host?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Please post a screenshot or a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

You would be better off using the Wordpress Help than posting here as they usually can sort things out pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Got it sorted it was a issue with the host.

Thanks

Advertisement