Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA p2 lectures

• 14-07-2016 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi all, just looking for some advice. Was hoping Independent colleges were running p2 classes in Cork for Decembers sitting but alas not to be. They have indicated that they will be running online courses. Anyone previous experience using this method?

Would it be better to attend lectures with Griffith college, as they are running classes?

Thanks for any input

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smcpartlin

cizolin wrote: »
    Hi all, just looking for some advice. Was hoping Independent colleges were running p2 classes in Cork for Decembers sitting but alas not to be. They have indicated that they will be running online courses. Anyone previous experience using this method?

Would it be better to attend lectures with Griffith college, as they are running classes?

Thanks for any input

Hi i am selling my Lecture videos and all notes and questions banks that i used for my September sitting of P2…I had Liam Doran from Accountacy school Ireland and he was excellent i have the recordings of his lectures which are queit expensive and i know many cant afford, so im offering to help for a fraction of the money. so if your interested email me
    I also have the revision coarse also done by him. which i will see as part of the package or on its own if that suits anyone.

all lectures are valid up until June 2017 and well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

smcpartlin wrote: »
    Hi i am selling my Lecture videos and all notes and questions banks that i used for my September sitting of P2…I had Liam Doran from Accountacy school Ireland and he was excellent i have the recordings of his lectures which are queit expensive and i know many cant afford, so im offering to help for a fraction of the money. so if your interested email me
    I also have the revision coarse also done by him. which i will see as part of the package or on its own if that suits anyone.

all lectures are valid up until June 2017 and well worth the money.

just curious, is Liam Doran a hustler?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

P2 Independent - Liam Doaran

Thinking of doing the 5/6 week course for P2 with Liam Doran for the March exams.

Anyone had any experience with these short courses for any of the P's? I know the P2 syllabus has a lot of material. A bit skeptical whether its the right choice to cram it all into such a short space of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Timbo1987

Liam Doran is the God of P2.

I had him for the last physical class of P2 in Cork.

I cant speak for P2 lecturer in Griffith but their P5 + P6 lecturers are excellent. I would assume they are a similar standard.

P2 takes a mountain of work. Practice consolidations until you can do IS, CSOFP + CF consols in your sleep.

Id recommend Liam Doran to anyone with ears. Simple language but just makes you "get it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Timbo1987 wrote: »
    Liam Doran is the God of P2.

I had him for the last physical class of P2 in Cork.

I cant speak for P2 lecturer in Griffith but their P5 + P6 lecturers are excellent. I would assume they are a similar standard.

P2 takes a mountain of work. Practice consolidations until you can do IS, CSOFP + CF consols in your sleep.

Id recommend Liam Doran to anyone with ears. Simple language but just makes you "get it"

Their P5 lecturer is Jim Daly afaik, but who is their advanced tax lecturer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Timbo1987

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Their P5 lecturer is Jim Daly afaik, but who is their advanced tax lecturer?

James Bradley in Cork anyway. Great lectures. Gas man, massive Man U fan so be prepared for slagging if ir a Liverpool fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

If you have Reg, Mickey Farrell or christy you are laughing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

salad_man wrote: »
    P2 Independent - Liam Doaran

Thinking of doing the 5/6 week course for P2 with Liam Doran for the March exams.

Anyone had any experience with these short courses for any of the P's? I know the P2 syllabus has a lot of material. A bit skeptical whether its the right choice to cram it all into such a short space of time.
    I did one for the P1 for Sept sitting found it to be very intense especially considering amount of work in p2. Add in the fact that I am not working right now as well.

Advertisement