Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit fee?

Options
  • 14-07-2016 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi,

I've closed my account few days ago as i am moving abroad.

I've received the final bill via email today and I've noticed this exit fee.

I've never had this before when i moved address/terminated account when I was a student long before back.

On googling, it is applied if I was a customer for less than 12 months? (correct me if i am wrong)
    I've been at the same address for 2 years!

If you'd be willing to clear the air, I can PM account details and other stuff you need for verification.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi jongaz,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The fee normally applies where a customer has agreed to a minimum contract in order to avail of savings. The contract is broken if the customer switches supplier during the minimum period or does not adhere to the agreed terms and conditions (such as direct debit and online billing). This is regardless of how long a customer has been with us as a contract can be applied at any time if a customer wishes to avail of savings.

Although, our new 8.5% savings offer is available without a minimum contract for existing customers, there is a 12 month contract for new customers. Customers availing of the Nest or Climote offerings would also be subject to a minimum period of a year. All of our offers are available here.

We can check your account to see why the fee was applied and we will remove the fee if it was applied incorrectly.

For account security, we need you to please confirm the following details for us by private message:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement