Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job: Boss has me doing all the work and Work Atmosphere is weird

Options
  • 14-07-2016 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am 8 days into a part time job. My new boss has me working really hard. I had a work appraisal today which didn't go well. A junior co-worker put in lots of lots of complaints that sound bad but are silly. There are lots of juniors here but the Supervisor has not trained them up or hired anyone with training. I like the others except one very loud, lazy woman who has been in the same junior role for 20 years and not learned any new skills. I have quite a bit of training so I have to do all the work.

Today, she moaned like a woman giving birth for 3-4 hours while getting the 19 year old to rub cream onto her back in the middle of the workplace. Then when nobody was looking started looking at photos while continuing to loudly moan. Herself and the boss have weird conversations at work about knickers and bitching about people I have never met. The boss said the bad atmosphere is due to me. I say nothing but I find the setup weird. Naturally, I don't want to be doing all the work.

How should I react to this situation?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Don't post the same thread in thee different locations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement