Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do to do with gardening waste?

• 15-07-2016 9:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

This is actually a bit late for me to be asking this, but it's something I'm curious about.

I've been doing a lot of work in my rear garden over the last year and I'm about one weekend away from finishing. I've pulled out a lot of soil, stones and trees.

The trees for the most part have had the clippings and the roots go into the brown bin over several months and the rest I've cut up for firewood. I've been able to redistribute the soil around the garden for the most part, but I've dumped a couple of buckets of stones (golf-ball sized) into the hedges across from my house.

In terms of waste management, what actually does and doesn't qualify as "litter"? Can I dump small amounts of soil into a hedgerow? What about stones? What about tree clippings?

FWIW, aside from stones I've nothing really left to "dump" at this stage, so I'm not looking for legal advice. Any spare soil I have leftover I'm going to use to fill in a large hole in the public green space outside the houses. A young lad broke his shoulder this summer after tripping in it.

Advertisement