Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont know what to do

Options
  • 15-07-2016 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

At this moment in time in work my head is fried and i dont know what to do as i wont to leave my job due to the fact no one else on my team gives a rat ass as our manager is based in another country so people are doing noting and getting away with EG not coming into work, being late and so on all a huge piss take. leaving there laptops on and going on bracks every 10 mins for a coffee or a fag. While i am doing 58% of the work as said in in numbers for the last 3 months. People who have kids getting better hours then me as well they got the normal shift while i got stuck on nights for 6 weeks because of it and i question the manager on it and he said that to me because they have kids and i think its BS. We also have to take phone calls and i am the only one who is takeing them as everyone else wont turn on there phones to take them and i take about 5 or 6 of them a day when someone we deal with wonts a update on a fix that we are working on. They all say that they where not trained i was never trained and i have no problem taking the class and talking down a angry person on the phone.

I work in IT and basically for this job i have teached myself how to do it as i have had no training for it other then 5 days and its in a area that very few people are trained in. Everyone else on the team moans that they have not been trained for the work and i have-int but i thought myself as i know i was-int going to get it.

Also have found out that the new hires are coming in on 33% more pay then me on other teams that are doing the same products and i am angry why are they getting paid more then me ?.

I was post to have a 1 on 1 with my manager and it keeps getting put off by him and that is making me even more angry and i am about to snap at someone.

I just dont know what to do as i wont to leave the job badly as i am overworked and underpaid for what i am doing and there is no one at all to speak to about the problems.

Advertisement