Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Robot Season 2

• 15-07-2016 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

FYI for the fans of Mr Robot....Season 2 has started with a two part episode which aired on Wednesday.

I watched the first one and it was very good. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Haven't seen season 1 yet. Must download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Well worth a watch IMHO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Downloaded Season 1 and the first 2 episodes of Season 2. So a binge is in order this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I know the likes of CSI:Cyber are utter hollywood crap.

But is Mr. Robot that much more realistic - from a real hackers perspective.

I've not watched it, but just presumed that TV programme makers have to produce stuff that the general public can enjoy and not make things realistic for the nerds amongst us (no offence to the nerds, for I consider myself one).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 t4ff

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    I know the likes of CSI:Cyber are utter hollywood crap.

But is Mr. Robot that much more realistic - from a real hackers perspective.

I've not watched it, but just presumed that TV programme makers have to produce stuff that the general public can enjoy and not make things realistic for the nerds amongst us (no offence to the nerds, for I consider myself one).

Some stuff is exaggerated to appeal to a general viewer, but a lot of stuff is pretty spot on. It's probably the most accurate portrayal of 'hacking' I've seen in TV/movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

t4ff wrote: »
    Some stuff is exaggerated to appeal to a general viewer, but a lot of stuff is pretty spot on. It's probably the most accurate portrayal of 'hacking' I've seen in TV/movies.

Thanks. Must give it a look so.

t4ff wrote: »

I think this is as exaggerated as you're going to get.

L.Jenkins wrote: »

Viewed it from my e-mail so didn't know what the video was. I've managed to dodge this meme for months - I feel like I just got hit with the infosec equivalent of a rickroll :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Theirs another vid out there with them that goes something like this - they were able to zoom in on the reflection of someones face on the number plate of a car - and people laughed at for a few years, and then it was actually done in real life.

CSI - ahead of it's time.

Mr Robot is sh1te. It had an amazinly great super first ep (Season 2 was approved on the success of just that ep) and people lapped it up and have been slow to drop it.

I'd be amazed if S2 does well.

Theirs another vid out there with them that goes something like this - they were able to zoom in on the reflection of someones face on the number plate of a car - and people laughed at for a few years, and then it was actually done in real life.

CSI - ahead of it's time.

Fair point! Visual Basic .NET 6 - now with IP tracing form controls! ;)
    Mr Robot is sh1te. It had an amazinly great super first ep (Season 2 was approved on the success of just that ep) and people lapped it up and have been slow to drop it.

I'd be amazed if S2 does well.

For what it is, I think it's pretty good. My only criticism would be the main twist from the end of Season 1, which was practically copy/pasted from elsewhere.

Mr Robot is good for me, it's stopping me OD'ing on Game Of Thrones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I tried to watch CSI Cyber once and it nearly killed me. As others have said at least Mr Robot gets the technology part pretty much spot on. In the first episode of season two, soon as I saw them take out a USB stick and then seeing Cryptowall I was thinking well done to the writes of the show keeping up to date with the latest attacks. Ransonware is everywhere at the moment so that was good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

I like this comment on the you tube link
    "I'll create a MRI Image using an Etch-a-Sketch™... see if I can reverse the patient's bone cancer."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Mr Robot is the best tv show since The Sopranos. That CSI Cyber is nonsense, but each to their own! :)

Find Mr. R to be quite interesting. I love the Fight Club-esque ending to Season 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If only.

That video suggested this video to watch next. Watched and yeah, more of the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I prefer this one, if only InfoSec was this much fun:

Anyone still watching? I can't seem to make sense of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭pah

I thought the last episode was great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Anyone still watching? I can't seem to make sense of it.

chinese
    = evil & info minister seems to be in league with the dark army

f.society
    blue hat guy that blackmailed Angela's boyfriend into loading the disk in season 1 on AllSafe's system is working for the Chinese Govt./dark army? . Angela recognises him but doesnt out him for some reason

deaths
    someone is killing the f.society hackers and loose ends. FBI are investigating and have gone to China to follow up on the dark army involvement in E Corp offsite backup location being compromised

Mr. R
    Elliott moved back in with his mother while he tries to get rid of Mr Robot but they seem to have reached an understanding in the latest episode where Elliott realises that Mr R is not completely against him

Elliott
    trying to stay out of things and get his head together has had a call from Tyrell and ended up helping Craig Robinson with his website problems... thing is the site is the Silk Road (at least it seems to be a .onion website which sells people and has an admin login of Dread pirate Roberts) and Elliott wants to stop it. He gets seven shades of snot beaten out of him by the Psycho mr Robinson's men, then taken to a hospital then taken from the hostpital.... hostage admin? This bit is a bit too contrived and coincidental..some of it has to be imagination. How he got caught looking for example, cant just be because he was on windows XP.... (that was XP wasnt it? looked a bit too cartoony for 7 and it looked too usable for Vista)

FBI
    fbi agent that seems to be almost as socially dysfunctional as Elliott joins a team in China that gets hit by two gunmen in China. They are pretty much wiped out in the hotel lobby as they prepare to visit one of the backup sites. She survives - because the gunmen seemed determined to shoot themselves (why shoot yourself because you got shot in the leg when there is a healthy accomplice there to do it for you if you get incapacitated?) bit Life of Brian imho.... anyway, she's traumatised but determined to continue with the investigation

mrs Tyrell
    is living with baby and driver / assassain and patsy/lover who she has killed. she doesnt know where her husband is and is receiving silent phone calls that seem to be coming from near her house.

Tyrell
    no sign of him. he supposedly called Elliott from France, dont know if the FBI are looking for him (murder and disappear on the night of the hack?) still. He's not going to turn out to be Elliott as well is he?

Angela
    is a bit part that got rolled out for a "do this so we can hack stuff" scene - why they got her to remember everything and didnt text it to her on her phone if they couldnt automate it to run from the same USB that was plan B ? rest of her story is fairly ...meh so far imho

there ye go. season 2 so far. open to corrections as I have not been giving it my full attention.

The only thing I think is slightly out there is the f.society one - the hat guy is and has been the go between for F.S and the dark army since season 1, when he gave them the rap CD outside the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

pah wrote: »
    I thought the last episode was great

Yep. Really enjoying it. Love the attention to detail on tech stuff.

I see it's been renewed for season 3. I am liking season 2, but for me as someone with Bipolar 2, it seems to be focusing a bit too much on Elliot's Psychosis. I will say it does add an interesting element to the show though.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/mr-robot-renewed-season-3-rami-malek-sam-esmail-1201838194/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Well, episode 7.
    Which of his various offences was he jailed for do you think?

3 more episodes, please call out where you think its going (with spoiler tags of course)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

alf making a few cameos was amusing

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Loving it ! Though I don't like the way they going with Darlene.

mach1982 wrote: »

Becoming a psycho murderer?

mach1982 wrote: »

Brilliant!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Hey that's a bit of a spoiler :-P.

• Advertisement

Ah now, Darlene is a delightful young woman, she wouldn't hurt anyone. :P

Advertisement