Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminate contract

Options
  • 15-07-2016 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,

Due to my house been put up for sale I'm renting I need to cancel my contract with Eircom.

With UPC I know the early cease charge for Broadband as 200 euro. I'm only 5 months into an 18 month contract which I regret now not going with another provider. If UPC were in my area i would have going for them but out in the country.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Jodotman wrote: »
    Hi,

Due to my house been put up for sale I'm renting I need to cancel my contract with Eircom.

With UPC I know the early cease charge for Broadband as 200 euro. I'm only 5 months into an 18 month contract which I regret now not going with another provider. If UPC were in my area i would have going for them but out in the country.

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jodotman,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. I would recommend contacting the cancellations team on 1901 and they will go through the process with you and advise of all early cessation charges.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

The options for me in a similar situation were:
    • Cancel the contract and pay early cessation fee - I believe for a long term remaining like yours, they will charge 250 euro - it's the lesser amount of 250 euro or number of months remaining times monthly charge
    • Move the service to your new address, but they will press the reset button on the contract term, i.e. you enter into a new 18 month term - I'd advise you to check that you can receive a similar or better service at your new address before going down this route as otherwise you'll be stuck. If the new address has a line already you can check the service you'll get - if it doesn't the risk is yours to order the service and see what service you can get.

The main cable competitor policy is that you can move your remaining contract term with you to your new address, plus their standard term is 12 months rather than eir's standard 18 months.
    Eir reps, I'm open to correction on this, but I think this is all correct at the time of writing.

Advertisement