Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamie T - Olympia - 27th September

Options
  • 15-07-2016 12:37pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jamie T has announced his first Irish show since 2010 at The Olympia Theatre, Dublin on September 27th.

Ticket Information
    Tickets priced €31.50 inclusive of booking fee and restoration levy go on sale at 9am next Friday, July 22nd from Ticketmaster outlets and www.ticketmaster.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Probably rules him out of EP but delighted nonetheless.

New album is out 2nd September also.

This gig has been a long-time coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

****ing hell this make me so happy. i'm not going to the picnic this year so was hoping his only irish gig was going to be the picnic.
    Friday night gig too. Result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Bowlardo wrote: »
    ****ing hell this make me so happy. i'm not going to the picnic this year so was hoping his only irish gig was going to be the picnic.
    Friday night gig too. Result

The 27th is a Tuesday which rules me out, balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Looking forward to this, any idea what time he will be on stage at?

Looking forward to this, any idea what time he will be on stage at?
    I'm guessing 8:45 -9:00 over at 10:30/10:40... Absolutely broke so won't be able to go. not a happy camper. Fricking Tuesday night gigs are a pain in the whole for someone down the country

• Advertisement

how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I thought it was fantastic, he played a pretty varied set and was on stage for pretty much 2 hours. I'll be hoping for a festival appearance this Summer as I couldn't really get as involved as I would've wanted considering it was a Tuesday evening!

I thought the sound was a bit flat at the start, Tinfoil Boy didn't have the oomph that I was hoping for but it got better as the gig went on I thought. I'm not enough of an audiophile to know what it was lacking.

Crowd were very good and engaged although for some reason some people felt the need to force some kind of rhythmic clap on some of the slower songs that weren't actually building to a crescendo.

Not sure why but you couldn't bring beers out from the bar for some reason, haven't seen that in many gigs before...they were obviously expecting a rowdier crowd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I thought it was fantastic, he played a pretty varied set and was on stage for pretty much 2 hours. I'll be hoping for a festival appearance this Summer as I couldn't really get as involved as I would've wanted considering it was a Tuesday evening!

I thought the sound was a bit flat at the start, Tinfoil Boy didn't have the oomph that I was hoping for but it got better as the gig went on I thought. I'm not enough of an audiophile to know what it was lacking.

Crowd were very good and engaged although for some reason some people felt the need to force some kind of rhythmic clap on some of the slower songs that weren't actually building to a crescendo.

Not sure why but you couldn't bring beers out from the bar for some reason, haven't seen that in many gigs before...they were obviously expecting a rowdier crowd.

Thats weird since any gig ive been to the Olympia you could always bring your drink out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I was in the Circle and you couldn't leave the bar with a drink. I don't mind if they want to impose that but they need to alert people before the night.

The sound was pretty dull but still enjoyed the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

It's because it was an over 14's (with adult) gig I think.

Thought he was really good though a few of my favourite songs were missing from the set, no big complaints though, great gig

• Advertisement
Advertisement