Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g signal problems in Mayo

Options
  • 15-07-2016 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I live near Ballinrobe in Mayo and am dependant on my iPhone for internet access. Normally I can get 3g signal but over the last month or so I am having problems. I am with Tesco. I have been told it may be due to mast upgrades in Mayo but nobody seems very sure. Anybody out there know what's going on or experiencing the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The o2 network and 3's network are being slowly merged, this alters coverage as they work. Tesco customers can only use the o2 network until its all done with.

Grab a 3 sim and you'll likely have much better coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dodie

ED E wrote: »
    The o2 network and 3's network are being slowly merged, this alters coverage as they work. Tesco customers can only use the o2 network until its all done with.

Grab a 3 sim and you'll likely have much better coverage.

Hi. Thanks for reply. I will try that. I called tesco and nobody mentioned this?? Just said probably fault on my SIM and when that ruled out said masts being upgraded to 4g and may be this but did not seem sure. As I have a contract with tesco I assume they should provide the service.
    Anyway will try a 3sim and again thanks.

Advertisement