Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sockets turn security light off when used

Options
  • 15-07-2016 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

What mix up could cause an external LED security sensor light to turn off for a second when a socket is used?

This security LED light is situated outside of a shed, when this light is on and a power tool is switched on the LED light goes off and immediately back on and will stay on even while the tool is in use. Its as if the power tool is taking all the power during its startup even though the lights and sockets are on different circuits, well they are supposed to be anyway. I'm talking about small hand held power tools.

One particular socket is completely on its own, I've followed the wire from the socket to the fuse box , this will also turn off the security LED for a second when used. This makes me wonder if there is mix up within the fuse box some where?

The security light is a recent addition to the shed, it takes its power from a normal light fitting in the attic. The attic light doesn't go off when a socket is used. Should the LED light be connected directly to the fuse box?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Did you buy it cheap in a German retail chain by any chance?

Probably volt drop when you use the tool and it can't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Steve wrote: »
    Did you buy it cheap in a German retail chain by any chance?

Probably volt drop when you use the tool and it can't handle it.

I got it from a electrical supply shop, it was made by international lighting, think its called a 20w capella LED and I got a sensor made by robus.

Advertisement