Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of iPhone charger repair

Options
  • 15-07-2016 4:58pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi. Family member has an issue with their iPhone 5s. Apparently the charger port is broken (i.e. they spent weeks jiggling the charger to get it to work, then one day that stopped being a solution...). Anyways I'll be dropping into a repair shop next week but just wondering does anyone have a rough estimate of how much this should cost? I won't hold ye to it! Just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have they tried cleaning out the charger port? Quite often it will be full of fluff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah there might be some fluff in the port. It can be very difficult to see and get out. Compressed air would be best. Otherwise hold the port under a lamp with a thin needle and don't give up.

Lightning ports are quite durable. I rarely hear of anyone needing to get them replaced. (The cables are another matter.)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

It's not that, it really is bust. Won't be getting around to it til later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Vaguely remember my missus' mum getting it done and it was something like €50, if memory serves. No idea which model of phone she had at the time but it was definitely a lightning port

Advertisement