Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post delivered my parcel to someone else :(

Options
  • 15-07-2016 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I ordered an item online, my parcel arrived to Limerick and got signed for by some random name (not the name on the parcel or the name of anyone in my building). I rang an post and he told me there's nothing that he can do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he just hung up on me. What can I do? The item had a tracking code and the place I ordered from said it was delivered and signed for. :(

Also the an post guy was super rude for no reason! He was so annoyed, if anyone should be annoyed it should be me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Contact the people you ordered the item from and get them to follow up with AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

louloumc89 wrote: »
    I ordered an item online, my parcel arrived to Limerick and got signed for by some random name (not the name on the parcel or the name of anyone in my building). I rang an post and he told me there's nothing that he can do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he just hung up on me. What can I do? The item had a tracking code and the place I ordered from said it was delivered and signed for. :(

Also the an post guy was super rude for no reason! He was so annoyed, if anyone should be annoyed it should be me!

Your contract is with whoever you ordered the package from, they are the ones that have to follow up on the missing parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

I asked the China company and they said they need proof that the item was signed by a different name before they can proceed. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Have you tried contacting An Post again? if the seller is in China might take a while to get them to even look at it. Maybe go to the sorting office to talk to them or talk to actual postman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

The item had a tracking code and the place I ordered from said it was delivered and signed for. :(
    I asked the China company and they said they need proof that the item was signed by a different name before they can proceed. :(:(

So if they know it was delivered and signed for, then they can surely see the name on it is different to your name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Call into your DSO and have a chat with them would be my approach.

Advertisement