Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop for college

Options
  • 15-07-2016 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    Looking for a desktop which can do some light gaming in the 600-800 price range

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Build or buy?

What games and resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bop96

Buy, Normal fps games like battlefield fallout if it could handle it, was looking at alienware x51 i5 any thoughts
    thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have a look at a building tutorial on YouTube and see, much better value for money. Especially over an Alienware. The i5 one for €1000 is a grand machine, wouldn't recommend the €799 one though.

http://touch.adverts.ie/desktops/gaming-pc-i5-8gb-gtx970-ssd-1tb-win10/10893256

That's a serious machine for the money, would do any college work and game at 1080p no issue. Terror might knock a few euro off if you asked him to change the GPU for a weaker one, that's a very capable GPU so for light gaming you could get away with a weaker one. Terror is our local expert here, you'd be in good hands.

Can't speak for the man and say he will change the GPU but you can ask.

Advertisement