Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker Tv with sound problem

• 15-07-2016 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hi guys hope you can help. Im clueless with this stuff.

We bought a walker HD TV with saorview about 4 yrs ago. Now just recently our sound is tapping out. It's there one second then there next we hear a sound as if the tv was turned off and the sound goes.

The only way can get it to come back is by turning it off for a few seconds then turning it on again. Within minutes the sound is gone again. It happens on any channel.

What can we do???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Bump

Maybe you can take a line out and use external powered speakers instead.

Maybe you can take a line out and use external powered speakers instead.

Id really prefer to get the tv itself fixed. I spent a fortune on it a few yrs back. It's a 42".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Does this happen when it is first turned on? I had a similar Walker TV that did the same when it got hot. I put some cooling on it and it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I would start looking around the audio section of the PCB, check its power supply connections and the solder joints on the audio amp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

Look for swollen or damaged capacitors on the main board. Often the problem.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 6 conway.tv

check for dry joints

How does one check for dry joints? Does that mean reflow as a matter of course or am I missing someat?

Just check for any suspect and re-solder

• Advertisement

conway.tv wrote: »

Unfortunately "dry joints" and the rest is all gobble-dee-gook to me. What???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's not really a diy job. Just buy a sound bar or get a professional to look at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

they work great with a sound bar i have a 40 inch walker satellite model u can even get the red button option on it for all the bbc channels u lucky to get the red option on top brand tv.s

Advertisement