Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody know any casting instructors around the tralee, kerry area?

• 15-07-2016 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭

Would anybody know of any fly casting lessons nearby tralee or kerry in general or would I have to go to cork for it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭bluezulu49

Look at http://fishinginireland.info/guides/kerry.htm
    and you will find

Tim Moore, Angling Guide and Instructor
    Guide and Instructor for salmon and trout fishing

Notes STANIC: Tim is a qualified guide and Instructor STANIC and has been a keen angler all his life. Wether you just want an enjoyable days fishing for wild brown trout in some of the most majestic scenery in Ireland, or the pursuit of Salmon and sea trout then he can take you there. Everyone from beginners looking for a days instruction in the basics of flyfishing up to competent anglers with a mistake that they want rectified are welcome.

Address: Tahilla, Sneem, Co. Kerry.
    Telephone: +353 64 75911
    E-Mail:tkmoore@eircom.net

He appears to be the only guide listed who has an instructor qualification.
    Might be a bit far but closer than Cork!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

I never spotted him. It looks eligible but still a lot of travelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ask in the local club, there's always an experienced hand who will give a young beginner a class or two. And for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

Srameen Dan Brosnan is going to help me out so I am sorted

Advertisement