Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House bought at auction, tenant in situ, I want to move in

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭dubrov

satguy wrote:
    You bought a house with a sitting tenant, and thought you might just dump them out on the street, congratulations,, you got what you deserved, and like other bad landlords will find out the hard way, that people have rights too..

satguy wrote:
    You bought a house with a sitting tenant, and thought you might just dump them out on the street, congratulations,, you got what you deserved, and like other bad landlords will find out the hard way, that people have rights too..

People have rights to other people's assets indefinitely at well below market rates?

Tell me more of this utopian society. I can't see what could possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

What a perfect microcosm of the Irish property market. First genius landlord runs the property into liquidation, second landlord buys it off the bank with no clue of his rights or obligations under the law, looks like the tenant is RA, paying under market rent, unlikely to be able to find another similar property and is faced with the prospect of homelessness or screwing the new landlord over.

You couldnt make it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement