Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did we do nothing when the UK was basically declaring war on us in the troubles

Options
  • 15-07-2016 9:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭

The dublin monaghan bombings were clear collusions by MI5 and loyalists, the paid off spies in Irish governments the famous bank robbers in dublin of the IRA who turned out to be MI5 agents who tried to hurt IRA support.

I could go on forever we were basically just lap dogs/cowards when it came to this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭jack923

jack923 wrote: »
    The dublin monaghan bombings were clear collusions by MI5 and loyalists, the paid off spies in Irish governments the famous bank robbers in dublin of the IRA who turned out to be MI5 agents who tried to hurt IRA support.

I could go on forever we were basically just lap dogs/cowards when it came to this.

The amount of attacks staged to make the IRA look bad is sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Oh dear. Where's your Wikipedia evidence for this. No, on second thoughts I'm outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭finooola

Well, I'm presuming that "we" (the normal people on the street, our government etc.) didn't know about the levels of infiltration and collusion at the time. I find it more disturbing that no seems to care too much about these revelations now.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Oh dear. Where's your Wikipedia evidence for this. No, on second thoughts I'm outta here.

Didn't think I needed any evidence at all since it's now commonly known.

finooola wrote: »
    Well, I'm presuming that "we" (the normal people on the street, our government etc.) didn't know about the levels of infiltration and collusion at the time. I find it more disturbing that no seems to care too much about these revelations now.

Would we really have done anything anyway though? Except for call on the IRA to stop their campaign as us down here might get hurt.

• Advertisement

What would you suggest would be a practical and realistic reply from the Irish government to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

jack923 wrote: »
    Didn't think I needed any evidence.

You lost me there Bud.

We are utter cowards the fact that we had to set up refugee camps for catholics in the north should enough to show that we needed to more.

Although im sure some of our top politicians were paid off at the time to

So, Rustynut and Delmonte don't bother to read the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

jack923 wrote:
    Didn't think I needed any evidence at all since it's now commonly known.

You're not a solicitor or barrister so. Was one idiotic thread not enough for. Go out and have a pint.

• Advertisement

RustyNut wrote: »
    You lost me there Bud.

It's so commonly known I thought everybody knew

What would you suggest would be a practical and realistic reply from the Irish government to this?

To stand up against it and not be lap dogs

So, Rustynut and Delmonte don't bother to read the news.

Don't be silly. I'm sure they watch BBC news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

And after standing up....? Go put the kettle on maybe ? Its easy to rant and go on about history, because you cant change it... and you dont have to worry about circumstances at the time...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nhunter100 wrote: »
    Go out and have a pint.

Is he not in his 90's? 10 is way past his bed time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Is he not in his 90's? 10 is way past his bed time. :)

More like a pre-teen who has just discovered the internet and whose mammy should have tucked him up in his bed hours ago, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Yeahhh Ireland declaring war with the Britisch

They should have invaded England with their mighty Navy and formidable air force ........ Ohh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

OP all your threads are the same boring old ****.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Mod Note:
    As this thread seems to be sub-charter par, closing.

Given the quality of threads so far by OP in such a short time, they are asked to consider carefully future posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement