Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2016, July 16, Stage 14: Montélimar/Villars-les-Dombes *SPOILERS*

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Caleb Ewan could have something to say about that.:P
    (Ewan has said he's massively influenced by Cav though)
    6749e04facf85f7a2c73f51a25409bd0?width=650

He's said in the past his peak power is 1580w (one second power)
    I'd imagine when he was on the wheel he was holding 900-1000w and then surges to come around and holds 1400ish for the 7 seconds or so.

Has he? I was sure I'd read more than that. Phillip Gilbery shares a picture on Facebook a while back where he hit over 1700 watts on an uphill finish. I assume Cav is well capable of that.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Brian? wrote: »
    Has he? I was sure I'd read more than that. Phillip Gilbery shares a picture on Facebook a while back where he hit over 1700 watts on an uphill finish. I assume Cav is well capable of that.

Ignore this, it was 1434 not 1700.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Why don't they just go with a smaller lead out train and place a lad directly behind kittel which would make cav have to gain 2 bike lengths and also reduce the drag he's getting from kittel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Why don't they just go with a smaller lead out train and place a lad directly behind kittel which would make cav have to gain 2 bike lengths and also reduce the drag he's getting from kittel?

Ah sure then that lad would go round Kittel at the line and take the win ;-)

Good idea though

Advertisement