Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for thoughts (from Eir or other users!)

Options
  • 16-07-2016 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Looking for some quick advice on a dilemma that links the four services. Current setup:
    1) Eir Broadband older setup approx 10MB connection - good, but not fantastic - approx € 55-60/month but think due to go up a bit (€ 8?)?
    2) TV service via combi Satellite/Saorview box - nice channel selection but recording is a bit clunky - no ongoing cost other than a TV licence
    3) Phone package included with Eir and used a bit but not a whole lot.
    4) Mobiles - we're both on Meteor 4G sim-free 30-day packages with lots of calls/texts and around 4/5GB data I think for € 25ish per month.
    So currently costing approx € 100-110 per month

So Eir are offering that package for 24 months which for € 30 x 6 months and € 90 x 18 months (i.e. € 75 average) will now give us:
    1) 30MB unlimited internet (incl new modem) - line was just upgraded last week
    2) Eircom 54-channel package with recording
    3) Unlimited phone service for Irish landlines and mobiles
    4) One sim only package with lots of minutes/texts plus just 1GB of data

On one level it seems like a no-brainer when Eircom plus one mobile is currently costing me € 85, and now for € 75 I'll get TV too.

So my questions I'm looking for an opinion on:
    1) Is 30MB broadband likely to be relevant in two years?
    2) How likely are Eir to offer me upgrades if options become available?
    3) How pricey (I can't find it anywhere!) are Eir on mobile data if you go over? My wife typically uses around 1GB per month, but the next level up of bundle above would add another € 15/month to package cost.
    4) Am I better always excluding mobile from bundles? Data speeds/allowances seem to change so often that maybe I'm better with the 30-day notice flexibility for both of our phones?
    5) In general if newer services come along are Eir good about letting you switch "upwards" provided you take a new contract?

The big attraction is that the combined bundle seems to be such a good price! Thanks for reading and any feedback/advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

g0g wrote: »
    Looking for some quick advice on a dilemma that links the four services. Current setup:
    1) Eir Broadband older setup approx 10MB connection - good, but not fantastic - approx € 55-60/month but think due to go up a bit (€ 8?)?
    2) TV service via combi Satellite/Saorview box - nice channel selection but recording is a bit clunky - no ongoing cost other than a TV licence
    3) Phone package included with Eir and used a bit but not a whole lot.
    4) Mobiles - we're both on Meteor 4G sim-free 30-day packages with lots of calls/texts and around 4/5GB data I think for € 25ish per month.
    So currently costing approx € 100-110 per month

So Eir are offering that package for 24 months which for € 30 x 6 months and € 90 x 18 months (i.e. € 75 average) will now give us:
    1) 30MB unlimited internet (incl new modem) - line was just upgraded last week
    2) Eircom 54-channel package with recording
    3) Unlimited phone service for Irish landlines and mobiles
    4) One sim only package with lots of minutes/texts plus just 1GB of data

On one level it seems like a no-brainer when Eircom plus one mobile is currently costing me € 85, and now for € 75 I'll get TV too.

So my questions I'm looking for an opinion on:
    1) Is 30MB broadband likely to be relevant in two years?
    2) How likely are Eir to offer me upgrades if options become available?
    3) How pricey (I can't find it anywhere!) are Eir on mobile data if you go over? My wife typically uses around 1GB per month, but the next level up of bundle above would add another € 15/month to package cost.
    4) Am I better always excluding mobile from bundles? Data speeds/allowances seem to change so often that maybe I'm better with the 30-day notice flexibility for both of our phones?
    5) In general if newer services come along are Eir good about letting you switch "upwards" provided you take a new contract?

The big attraction is that the combined bundle seems to be such a good price! Thanks for reading and any feedback/advice.
    Hi g0g,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I can ensure you there are lots of benefits of going with Eir and getting the full bundle. It allows you to monitor your account better. It means only having one bill coming through the house and pay the one price for it all. Eir have also launched Eir sports and as an Eir customer you will get this free.

The 30mb broadband will certainly be still relevant in two years time. Eir are always aiming to improve there services also so it could be likely that this may be upgraded.

If you are available for an upgrade we will be more than happy to arrange this for you. Also if you are loyal customer we will try and offer an early upgrade if it is needed.

In regards to going over your package you can view the price for this in the link below. If you scroll down to the end of the page and click on the option for data pricing information.
    http://support.eir.ie/mobile/faqs

The benefits of having the phone included in your package is not having to pay a separate bill or top up. We try and offer you the best package possible to suit your needs and usage.

If any new service becomes available Eir will allow you to upgrade to this new package but a new contract would be applied.

I hope I have answered all your questions for you :)

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement