Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Priced Leisure Centre Gym for Annual+Long Term Memberships in Cork City area

• 16-07-2016 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Ideally looking for a Gym based out of a full service Leisure Club in the Cork City region which would also include the use of a Jacuzzi, a Steam Room, a Sauna etc; as it is nice to be able chill out and relax after a sweaty work-out in the gym. The Montenotte Hotel Leisure Club in Cork used to have great deals on Gym memberships until last Spring but now following the recent hotel renovations they have increased their Gym Membership Rates even for their existing/outgoing members by as much as 50% (and the 50% rate increase is a special Discount). Members used to be able to Pay €399 for One Year, Get One Year Free = 2 Year Membership so long as you pre-paid the full €399 amount in one single payment which effectively worked out at only €199.50 Per Year over the 24 Months which was excellent value for money. Now the Best Discount Rate is €299 Per Year (which would amount to €798 over 24 Months) which is a huge difference from one contract to the next.

So far all I could come across was River's Edge Fitness Centre off Sullivan's Quay in Cork City Centre which is currently running a Summer Special Promotional Rate of €195 for Annual Membership but while this price is good - they have No Sauna, No Steam Room, No Jacuzzi etc; which is something I would also like access to if I was to become a member.

Does anyone know of another full service Leisure Club that has Gym and also Steam Room, Sauna, Jacuzzi etc; that offers attractive long term membership deals across 12/24/36 month periods?

We could do with having more competition in the Leisure Club Gym sector here in Cork as prices seem to be rising above wages & inflation rates. I would love to see an operator like Ben Dunne Gyms either open a new facility or acquire an existing facility as they have a more competitive price-point. http://www.bendunnegyms.com/carlisle.aspx I understand that Ben Dunne Gyms has a plan for 12 Month €525 membership rate intended for 3 people which works out at Only €175 for each of the 3 members Per Year which is outstanding value for the full range of facilities on offer.

Do any Leisure Centres in Cork have similar attractive membership discount options?

Comments

Advertisement