Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re Company Name Please

Options
  • 16-07-2016 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am a franchisee .Small operatio n. Signed a contract. The company recently (6 months ago) changed its name. Is the old contract still valid or null and void. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

No. It would be a handy way to avoid debts if a change of name voided all your contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mary2up

That was'nt the angle it was more of the competition side of things, thanks

mary2up wrote: »
    That was'nt the angle it was more of the competition side of things, thanks

I wasn't suggesting you were going to be pulling anything like that just showing why something like wouldn't be able to void a contract is all. Imagine how much mess it would have caused when Google reorganised!

Are you worried that the franchise has lost some value due to the name change or something? I assume if it's their trading name then there will be a significantarketing spend to go along with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mary2up

Yes! I was been a bit hopeful and tunnel visioned! Its nothing in fact to do with name change ... its to do with territories and branching out by myself and changing FB page names .. diff operation. but yes using client list names

mary2up wrote: »
    Yes! I was been a bit hopeful and tunnel visioned! Its nothing in fact to do with name change ... its to do with territories and branching out by myself and changing FB page names .. diff operation. but yes using client list names

Hopefully it works out well for you so. Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement